weight savings? what have you removed for this? any ideas anyone?

For DIY, when doing the airbox mod, remove the vacuum solenoid, all hoses and the vacuum reservoir. I put a 38 ohm resistor across the leads that used to lead to the vacuum solenoid. This is almost as much weight as the PAIR valve.

Tinhead,

I was wondering about the need for that?

Have also removed vacuum solenoid and all related stuff after airbox mod but don't even think resistor is needed for the wiring to the vacuum solenoid?

Can't say for sure yet as mine's not ready yet, but I started it up and at least it seemed to run OK that time.

Also removed the tip over sensor and part of the bracket it mounts to but this DOES require resistor in its place for sure or the EFI check display will show error code!

Animal it was good seeing you at Daytona.
Do I need the resistor across the vacuum solenoid leads? I don't know. My thinking was that electronic stuff is happiest seeing what it was designed to see, and a resistor and silicon goop don't weigh very much.
Re the TOS: Resistor or paper clip across the leads? I haven't put an ohmmeter across the leads, but it is just a switch, right? I am also leery of removing the TOS as it really can save the motor after small accidents. Unlike carbs, the injection will function (motor too) on it's side or even upside down as long as the fuel pickup is covered. The wet sump oiling system won't. Just my 2 c.

No, the TOS has a certain fixed resistance range of I don't remember how many Kohm's and when you simply disconnect the thing an errorcode pops-up on the FI display in the dash.
The info on the TOS is in the same area of the OEM shop manual BTW.
I measured the darn thing and it really was like that and exactly in the middle of the range too.

I went and bought a $3.00 roll of duct tape. My plan is the try and rap the tape around my mouth as carefully as possible.

Koz

LOL

Now there's a good idea (and getting us back to the original topic again)!

This will also not cost but save money, unless (of course) you lose so much weight that you'll have to buy new gear again.

Back