Shaving Some Weight Off the 08

draco - let us know what is coming off please.

I'm buying a digital scale as something I have been wanting for a while with an old wheel fettish I have. I NEED to weigh a mich 190/55 vs a 190/50 to sort this weight diff for myself once and for all too.

And I have a new set of pipe brackets /pass pegs now headed my way to start some 'minimalistic' carving on. I guess winter can be a little fun when not riding - but it's sure costly.

190/55 weighs slightly more :thumbsup:

:whistle:

Carbon Fiber wheels :beerchug:

I wish!! I have cf on my gsxr. Will soon have chromies on my 08 when I sort my bearing dileimma and some other small preferred finish items.

IF...... I sell some other wheels and some other remaining gen 1 busa parts I will have an outside chance for some; for now that plan is not going very swiftly however. Not much of a problem to have i guess!

my busa with just TIFORCE slipon titan :laugh:

peser_10.jpg

peser_11.jpg

This DME Racing subframe for the '08/'09 is interesting:
Subframe, Aluminum, Suzuki Hayabusa 08-09 - DME * Schnitz Motorsports Inc
Save 7lbs for $500.

Yea, the rear end and particularly the steel rear subframe is very overbuilt if you are under 200 lbs, and you don't ride with passengers. The Schnitz unit looks nice, but I built this one for an 8" stretched catalyst tail. It ties directly into the stock tail light. The OEM subframe was 14 lbs. The new one is only 4.9 lbs. Off to the powder coater this week after I finish the inner well.

rearsubframe.jpg

It would be interesting to get some kind of estimate as to the safe weight that this sub-frame can support..? I occasionally go riding with my wife and would hate to have the sub-frame break with her on the back.

It would be interesting to get some kind of estimate as to the safe weight that this sub-frame can support..? I occasionally go riding with my wife and would hate to have the sub-frame break with her on the back.

200 pound rider with 130 pound passenger will be fine.

Rider can be heavier if no passengers.

Well got my parts back today from the machine shop, job took longer than he thought it would. Weight reduction 1.48 pounds. I think they have more of a trick look than the factory pieces. Removed the little hooks and cut off one of the eyelets for the exhaust since I won't be running with duals didn't want to have an empty hole. Shipping to the Chrome shop tomorrow.

More to come :)

after.jpg

Come spring time be installing the Carozzerria Wheels in Anodized Satin Black on my '04 Busa

Front Wheel.jpg

Rear Wheel.jpg

vmax - they turned out nice! I have been grinding on a set in my garage for several hours - hooks and left hole is gone too. Yours look nicer by far. Mine are far from done too. I'm grinding most of the bracing out of the backsides to remove heft.

They should look great after chrome!

I'm only working on the rear's / diff solution for rider's pegs.

Thank you, that is what took the most time removing from the inside. Sending to chrome shop today on lunch hour. Finding allot of different things that weight to much on this bike but it is slowly coming off :)

08side.jpg

Back