Where to find the weight of...........

todd moyer

Registered
I have finally made it home for some well needed vacation and have some free time to tinker on our new 09' white Busa. We're making a short list of items to get ordered and hopefully installed before I have to go back downrange for work.

So here is where I am at, exhausts (slip-ons). How do I know or where can I find the weight of different makes and models of cans. I am just starting the with mods and want to balance the weight by loosing some lbs ditching the factory cans and then adding weight with hard-bags (Trax Aluma-Box 37ltr size, maybe).

Here's the list:
Tsukigi Cannon slip-ons
Yoshimura RS3C Ti
Yoshimura RS3C SS/CF(tips)
Yoshimura R77 SS/CF(tips)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Todd & Tammy

A lot of my weight loss was just from getting the stock torpedo cans off. The rest was going to a 4-2-1 system. The SS header helped but it was nothing compared to the 2 OEM canisters. 39# total weight loss for me.
I know you want the duel set-up and I would go with the Yoshimura CF R-77, personally.
I really wanted the R-55 with the CF end cap for mine, they no make for the Hayabusa.
I'm wondering if the exhaust canister for the 750/600 would be compatible???

Welcome home! by the way.

IMG_0800.jpg

Last edited:
Most manufactures will have can weights on their sites, assuming they are light enough to brag about. Failing that you can contact the manufacture and ask.

I wouldn't waste your time/money with slip-on's. You'll be much happier with a full system if you really want to drop more weight... :thumbsup:

OK, I re-weighed my options. Time is short on this vacation and I wanted to get some things ordered and installed before flying out.

I only found one advertised weight on the Yoshi slip-ons and figured that the 3 models I had listed are all fairly close in weight. I don't know exactly what the Tsukigi slip-ons will weight though. So, I ordered a set of Tsukigi Cannon slip-ons today from PowerSports Superstore. The price was right and I'll have them in a few days. :cheerleader:

Well now it's on to ordering a couple more small items, choosing a GPS & mount and settling on a set of hard-bags. As things progress I'll post pics in the appropriate threads. Come on late-April/early-May and better weather we can get some miles on this thing!!!!!

Cheers - Todd

I wouldn't waste your time/money with slip-on's. You'll be much happier with a full system if you really want to drop more weight... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Most slip-on systems are close in price to a single-side full system like stated, so why not drop a little more weight AND get better performance with the full

:thumbsup:

Most slip-on systems are close in price to a single-side full system like stated, so why not drop a little more weight AND get better performance with the full

I just wish there were more options for dual full systems at a "reasonable" price. The single-side will always save weight but for me I like the aesthetics of duals over the single.

I just wish there were more options for dual full systems at a "reasonable" price. The single-side will always save weight but for me I like the aesthetics of duals over the single.

Buy the Vance&Hines stainless steel universal header and run whatever dual slipons you want. It works with any slipons and the stock mufflers and it has no catalytic converter.It's $450.

Back