Well, I believe it's herpes.. :(

Well, I'll throw my two cents in. What I see happening quite frequently is if someone posts an opinion that is not shared by the majority, a pack mentality develops. It turns out to NOT being a simple process of sharing ideas and opinions. Sometimes even real life experiences are not readily accepted by some groups and it turns into a verbal slug-fest. Some of the topics that seem to be touchy are politics, gun rights, sometimes riding skills, safety gear, and even tire choices. I understand the dynamics of an internet site, especially one with many members. But hey, it is the internet and folks can be who they want and act like they want (to a certain degree). Kinda like some folks changing personalities once they get behind the wheel of their vehicle.

For the record I'm registered independent and support the 2nd amendment, well actually I support the entire Constitution.

Well, I'll throw my two cents in. What I see happening quite frequently is if someone posts an opinion that is not shared by the majority, a pack mentality develops. It turns out to NOT being a simple process of sharing ideas and opinions. Sometimes even real life experiences are not readily accepted by some groups and it turns into a verbal slug-fest. Some of the topics that seem to be touchy are politics, gun rights, sometimes riding skills, safety gear, and even tire choices. I understand the dynamics of an internet site, especially one with many members. But hey, it is the internet and folks can be who they want and act like they want (to a certain degree). Kinda like some folks changing personalities once they get behind the wheel of their vehicle.

For the record I'm registered independent and support the 2nd amendment, well actually I support the entire Constitution.

knew there was a reason i liked you poppy... lol

i'm stuck in Afghanistan, otherwise my motor build would already be underway/done and i'd be riding.

Here's a picture of my baby. The world needs more pics.

13296957623_241a1cb1eb_o.png

i wondered off chasing a butterfly, or something, got lost out there and just recently returned to the org...

didnt mean for you all to feel abandoned, but i might kind of have a touch of A.D...hey - whats that!?!:whistle:

The xbox one recently came out and I have been spending alot of time on that.

Other then that no excuses here.

I can solve the mystery with just a little comment.... FACEBOOK.....That is the problem...soon as it was linked with our forum in some fashion post counts hit the crapper. So poor saps like me who absolutely refuse to put my life on FB miss out on all the traffic.

^^This,, I have never had a facebook account and I don't intend to change that. The wife has it and the posts are so random/scattered, there is not a target subject, example: this forum about the Busa.

facebook had nothing to do with the "clicks" and general "holier than thou" actions that i have been complaining about since i started here. sure family fights...but they usually still hang together...now the family is doing separate "family reunions"

I can solve the mystery with just a little comment.... FACEBOOK.....That is the problem...soon as it was linked with our forum in some fashion post counts hit the crapper. So poor saps like me who absolutely refuse to put my life on FB miss out on all the traffic.

Agreed, with the following exceptions:
#1 - you are not a poor sap, you appear to be quite intelligent by avoiding the (comments deleted) activity on FACEBOOK.
#2 - you aren't missing out on anything by not drinking the FACEBOOK kool-aid.

Think of it this way - it something was really important, you wouldn't/shouldn't be hearing about it via FACEBOOK. I could copy/paste this reply in at least 4 threads I've seen started in the last week. It seems everyone is either up in everyone else's business or being pushed farther away because they feel like they are being forced to take a side in some issue. Personally, I have many more important things to worry about... like what color socks to wear.

Yeah, my socks ARE that much more important!

lol ... its good hearing from you again hun....cant wait to see you

facebook had nothing to do with the "clicks" and general "holier than thou" actions that i have been complaining about since i started here. sure family fights...but they usually still hang together...now the family is doing separate "family reunions"

The reason I posted this thread was hoping things could get "aired out." So why not say what makes you feel this way?

I consider all of my friends on here to be in a clique. We all love to have fun, shoot the breeze about Busas and kill time on the internet.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts. Especially how you said earlier you didn't feel welcome. I've been told off on here more times than I can count, and I'm still here. Some people hate that I have a sense of humor. :dunno:

:laugh:

Cliques here on the site or does this have to do with events/rides? I'm confused Chris...

well i am not as active due to my activism in guns and politics. I still talk to my org friends alot on facebook. but because i have grown in alot of ways...and have became more outspoken im going to lay it on ya ...its simple... the reason the org is slower is that some people are not as friendly as others, and it tends to alienate the masses. some are just down right judgmental. i have been a member since 2005. complained about the "divisions" back then. decided not to whine and started a org activity to bring more together with NO JUDGEMENT. (Haya's in the Hills) which i think has been a huge success and GIXERHP and I are planning this years in the beautiful Lake George area of NY. this year will be my 6th year putting this on with very faithful followers that come just about every year and always new folks too. All in all when it all comes down to why i hesitate to come here and post I FEEL UNWELCOME AND A LOWER CLASS PERSON. no this is not "open and friendly"...it may appear as such at first...but eventually those who "see each other often and click"....just stop noticing those who they haven't met or "clicked" with... there is i believe a "core" group that make up most of the posting...the rest just come and go either due to lack of interest, bike change, or feel shunned. especially now with *cough cough* 2 bashes?? seriously?? dont get me wrong...scar and I have had many long talks about many other subjects beyond the bike we all love and i consider him my friend on line that i could go to at any time to ask any question, even personal. and i cant wait for the day to meet him and shake his hand and treat him like a brother....BUT...i also recognize the beast....and knew it would eventually happen. no i dont think its in the best interest of the org. or a fair representation of what i always thought the org was..is....whatever. either way i am sure folks will have fun and meet great folks...but also...they will not meet others....my goal with haya's in the hills was for EVERYONE to be welcome. though i will say honestly i have "discouraged" after many years and hard soul searching one individual. it still bothers me as i try to accept everyone. but in the long run, he also made me (and my family) feel i didnt belong. so i too have grappled with why some just dont "make it" here. but in the end i still only ask of myself why I am not. because if i cant make it here and feel totally welcome, with all my stubbornness and ability to look past things. (yes GNBRETT i still will talk to you even though we butt heads)... how can anyone else who wants to feel welcome but does not have the patience that i have, ever expect to continue to post here with all the conflict. i am NOT a lower class person. I do NOT have to think like everyone else. i do NOT have to share peoples same brainwashed views on government or LEO's . i do NOT feel welcome , never have, probably never will...but for those future friends i may meet, and friends i have made... i stay. those who give me the "jeebies" about feeling less than welcome...believe it or not ill still give them the chance if i can meet them..but i am not holding my breath.

va and bots...this was my earlier post in this thread and think it gives a good definition of what i have talked about for years...

va and bots...this was my earlier post in this thread and think it gives a good definition of what i have talked about for years...

Ok Chris, I see where your going, but this isn't the orgs fault, this is THEIR fault. I don't agree with a lot of stuff you do in your personal life, and we've butted heads MANY times on Facebook when I was there. I still love ya.

The problem is the people that can't get over the differences in each of our's beliefs. How G-D boring would life be if we were all the same?

The reason there is certain people who claim to be the main posters is simply in my situation a time frame. I wish you could see how much I DON'T post at night and on the weekends. IT's strictly something I do to pass time when I'm switching between windows at work (hard to explain, quite a bit of down time for me at work.)

As far as the pink panty brigade and the such, there is something medically lacking or just plain warped about Vabs and I and thank GOD there only seems to be two of us in this world since it couldn't handle more..

I'm sure there are plenty of folks on here that hate all the fun we seem to have, I know just last month I was scolded by the old grey haired track guy for coming here for my amusement. Evidently I should come here to make people feel like less of a human being because I'm not a track junkie.

I used to see it as cliquey until I met some of these people. I've been to a few meet and greets (not nearly enough) and to a spring bash in 2012.

I personally don't expect to be "friends" with Moderators on a website that are there to keep peace. Especially when I'm known to be a clown. It doesn't chap my a$$ that Cap, SkyDivr, and a few others don't care for my sense of humor. I certainly don't dwell on it.

As far as the separate "bash" I wish it well, but also wish it wasn't called the bash or held 2 weeks from the normal "bash." A little part of me wants it to rain that weekend just for the irony.

I like RacerV, Loomis, and everyone else promoting the new "bash" although I've had some run ins with Scar and I'll leave my opinions of him out of it.

I also don't like the way all this went down, and again, not my problem, etc. and I'm not gonna let it bring me down. The only people this really hurts is the people that have to choose to go to one or the other and miss the people at the "other" one no matter which they choose.

I'm sure I'll get chastised at some point in time for spewing my opinions, but hey, it's life, $hit happens...

We didn't let the ZX14R or the BMW S1000rr slow us down, why should we let each other win?

Screw 'em all!!! :laugh:
Some people take this stuff WAAAAAAAAAAAY to serious!

Yeah, I read it the first time you posted it and I guess I still don't see where you are pointing to cliques as much as you're pointing to "an individual" that makes you feel unwelcome...

We've had members come and go, and come back again...some never come back, for whatever reason. I think those with a certain mindset (not naming any particular mindset here) get it in their heads that if others here don't agree with them, they're on the outs with everyone; same may go for those that post up their views and if someone doesn't agree, that person doesn't belong. I tend to believe that feeling is mostly self-driven, meaning "we" may be the only ones that see/feel that way. There are days when stuff being said here gets under my skin and I think to myself "Am I alone in feeling the complete opposite here?!" but I never feel like others are pushing me away. We're all individuals, one huge dysfunctional family...I don't see the cliques and while I see/know the way certain individuals feel about certain topics, I assume they see/know how I feel about certain topics as well. Doesn't mean we can't all still be friends. That's kind of how family is anyway, right? :laugh:

As for the 2 bashes...it is what it is, we move on and hope for better days. Some things were put in motion outside of the oRg when, and let's be honest here, this was something that's been an oRg-related event, twice a year, for years (before my first appearance despite the rumor that I somehow plan and control the bash dates :whistle:)...doesn't matter how anyone else wants to paint that picture, if changes needed to come, then why not bring it up here instead of creating a closed Facebook group, posting dates and excluding many that don't even have FB accts; why exclude many of us here that do have FB accts? I'll tell you why - because initially, it was done out of anger over a photo that was deleted on the oRg's FB page because it had the I-SHOC info on it. Someone got their panties in a bunch and opted to do their own thing. It sucks that it happened, but we can't change it. We were pretty much told we needed to either conform to the new date in May OR the event will be split...that's where we are today.

It's just time to move on...

Last edited:
Back