Well, I believe it's herpes.. :(

you got that dysfunctional part right :laugh:

I know, but for the most part, we'd all do anything for each other...I have seen some amazing things done here by members for members.

You guys are all the brothers I never even wanted :laugh: But I wouldn't trade you for anything...well, I'd trade Bots for a pack of gum, but you know, who wouldn't? :whistle:

I just wonder why we all as adults cant figure out how to agree to disagree. Why cry someone stepped on your poor toe? I am not a member on any clique i have no clue who the cliques are and could care less. I sport the pink panties as a result of opening my big mouth a time or 2 too much:) I like certain individuals and dont like others. But i strivew to always get along and attempt to see the light from others eyes. Most times i dont agree with their opinion but that doesnt mean i cant get along with them. Is it really so hard? Reminds me of frickin high school crap.

I just wonder why we all as adults...

...because some of us refuse to grow up... some of us have never learned what the "Golden Rule" is all about... some of us have too much pride and not enough character... some of us have no empathy... some of us have not learned how to forgive, or forget, or turn the other cheek... and some of us have their sh$t so together, the rest of us should be bowing at their alter.

All of us need to take a step back once in a while and take a good long look at what we consider important in our lives. If any of this drama even makes it into the top 10 - we're doing it wrong.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to change my socks - again.

I am the clique... there, I've said it. And in all honesty, I have defended the clique. Mostly because the clique isn't what it used to be... this board has come alive in times of need... and to be honest, it has come close to tearing itself apart a couple of times...
So, part of the problem is that there are people who go to meet and greets... and there are people who don't for whatever reason... I have gone to one or two -andthe people that I have met are absolutely fantastic... and you know what? We get on the board and I do pay a little bit more attention to people whose face I can put with a name... to people who have gone out of their way to be nice to me... I haven't been too much of a jackwagon to people, but it has happened... I used to be something of a donation guy... several years ago, money flowed through this place like you would not believe... member needs parts? Throw money! Member wrecked? Throw Money! Member needs his basement finished? Throw money! But, as the economy started hemorrhaging, people became a little more choosey about who they threw money to. And who they sent parts to. And then came the complaints of favoritism because a member asked for help and the response was small, but another member needed help and the response was immediately overwhelming... so I had to stop doing collections. Because people thought there shouldn't be cliques...
Chris brings up a few good points... but here is the thing... we are adults and honestly we are rarely going to change each other's minds about anything. We might sway someone on the fence, but if someone thinks something, we are unlikely to change it... well, when we realize that, it becomes an all out typing assault! Keyboard Kung-Fu and Bulletin Board Bullying...if I can't convince you, I'll shut you up...
Then, you have Nick the new guy, the FNG. And he asks something that has been over and over and over here on the board... I used to post links and do searches for people and spend hours on the phone... but now?
Plain and simply put - as a board, we don't go out of our way for each other much anymore. We don't have the shared opinions about the bikes - because a lot of the people here have been there and done than. Maybe if we take a look at how we treat each other - maybe we look at the rules and ask, why are they there? Maybe if we could start being nice to each other again, genuinely nice like we are the family that we used to be... like the online community that was almost always top of the google searches... family that would fix a bike problem just as easily as helping a person get to a funeral, to driving 1000 miles to help someone pack their stuff due to life circumstances...
One of the worst statements we have ever made on the oRg... if you don't like it - then don't read it... well guess what? People are following our advice... they are doing exactly what we have asked them to do. And I hate it... I want people back. I want people here. I want this to be the board that I joined in 03. I want this to be the board that was always proud to call my home on the internet. I want people to wake up and realize that there is a beautiful thing here that dies just a little whenever ANY member leaves... and that is why in the past I have tried to keep the peace -and why I have failed EVERY SINGLE TIME... Just my rant... and my plea for help.

Yeah, I read it the first time you posted it and I guess I still don't see where you are pointing to cliques as much as you're pointing to "an individual" that makes you feel unwelcome...

We've had members come and go, and come back again...some never come back, for whatever reason. I think those with a certain mindset (not naming any particular mindset here) get it in their heads that if others here don't agree with them, they're on the outs with everyone; same may go for those that post up their views and if someone doesn't agree, that person doesn't belong. I tend to believe that feeling is mostly self-driven, meaning "we" may be the only ones that see/feel that way. There are days when stuff being said here gets under my skin and I think to myself "Am I alone in feeling the complete opposite here?!" but I never feel like others are pushing me away. We're all individuals, one huge dysfunctional family...I don't see the cliques and while I see/know the way certain individuals feel about certain topics, I assume they see/know how I feel about certain topics as well. Doesn't mean we can't all still be friends. That's kind of how family is anyway, right? :laugh:

As for the 2 bashes...it is what it is, we move on and hope for better days. Some things were put in motion outside of the oRg when, and let's be honest here, this was something that's been an oRg-related event, twice a year, for years (before my first appearance despite the rumor that I somehow plan and control the bash dates :whistle:)...doesn't matter how anyone else wants to paint that picture, if changes needed to come, then why not bring it up here instead of creating a closed Facebook group, posting dates and excluding many that don't even have FB accts; why exclude many of us here that do have FB accts? I'll tell you why - because initially, it was done out of anger over a photo that was deleted on the oRg's FB page because it had the I-SHOC info on it. Someone got their panties in a bunch and opted to do their own thing. It sucks that it happened, but we can't change it. We were pretty much told we needed to either conform to the new date in May OR the event will be split...that's where we are today.

It's just time to move on...

no...even i re read what i posted. it is not about one individual. i am running into the same problem at a particular gun forum also. i point out and make no name mentions and generalize my statements and folks think im talking about individuals. no...i am talking about how there is a tendency to build a core group and then everyone else is left flopping around hoping to fit in but never really fitting in. and in some cases. blunt insults and negativity. down right judgmental. i am trying to make sense of it all just like bots when he created the thread. we need to understand EXACTLY how we ALL alienate others trying to fit in here. those who are "snubbish"... realize what you do when you do it and stop... we are on this forum to make friends and share a passion... and shawn....did you rethink about that poll suggestion i gave so we can get a general anonymous input on what people really think about the 2 bashes?

Chris,
I did, but I haven't taken the time yet to build it... I will do it today...

Can't please everyone, the sooner you realize you are part of that group of "Everyone"... The happier you will be... :rulez:

Back