Well, I believe I'm done for the season...

Went out for bike night last night to the local hangout and it's just proving way too painful for my hip anymore. In fact, I didn't even feel safe on the bike last night. There is no way I could get my right leg down in a panic situation fast enough for my comfort..

My surgery is scheduled for Dec 26th and that's the soonest I can do it based on vacation time, family schedule, etc. It's just not worth aggravating it anymore than it already is. So I guess I'll hang up the leathers until next Spring.

It's breaks my pride and depresses the hell outta me, but I feel it needs to be done. So here she sits.... :down:

View attachment 268792

That was me last Fall. Had mine done in January, and in a few weeks I was doing great. I can ride all day now, walk well, without the major limp I had, and no pain. I hope you get the great results I did.

Hey Bro, been there & done that. Had a bad shoulder from a drunken night of drainpipe repelling and dislocated it back in the Corps. Foolish thing to do, bet even more foolish to try to ripple the pavement while not 100%. Get well soon and come back strong!!! :beerchug:

Bots, too bad but it is what it is and you are doing the right thing. I ride everyday and will keep your spirit alive till you recoup! :thumbsup:

i wish you the best with the surgery... not exactly sure how a frontal lobotomy will help with the hip pain...but ok....good luck anyway

Sorry to hear your season is over, but confident you'll see great results and get back out in the spring!

for wats its worth my buddy had a hip replacement surgery (4) years ago and was back racing slalom on the slopes within (8) months after surgery. he was a competitive ski racer in HS and college and is back skiing like he did when he was 20. better then new.

You'll be back in the saddle soon enuff Bots. Most of us Old farts have "been there and done that". My longest break from riding was 4+ years. (courtesy of a drunk driver)

Keep yer chin up,the time will go buy. You could always convert it to a trike,then switch it back.

Something like this.... pretty snazzy eh? :laugh:

RSD.

busa trike.jpg

Thanks guys, had a rough week last week with it, and a tough weekend as well. It helps to hear the good wishes. :beerchug:

Sorry man, Been there and I know how you feel. Weight broke the wagon but time fixed it so they say. I guess time is not on our side :laugh: Everything will work out. I will say a prayer for you :please:

Well after the last week :down: the pain has been a little too much for me. I called the doc, got some more pain meds, and moved up my surgery date.

I'm now slated for Sept 26th instead of Dec 26th. Now I'm more nervous than anything. Only time will tell here, wish me luck LOL

Thanks for all the well wishes, etc, :beerchug:

Back