Met a lot of nice Harley riders yesterday

AJAY

Registered
Went for about 5 hours of riding on some of the finest roads in Virginia yesterday. More than half of the bikes we passed were Harley riders. Without fail, they all waved, often initiating the exchange. We talked with Harley riders at a roadside burger and shake joint. Very few of the Harleys we passed had excessively loud and obnoxious pipes, certainly no more than the loud and obnoxious pipes on the sport bikes we encountered.

Folks, these guys are our brothers. It's all good. :beerchug:

IIRC, this is one of the very few pro-Harley threads that I've seen here.:thumbsup: Hope this thread won't get mucked up soon though :whistle:

Not all Harley Riders are Bad :thumbsup:

I in a way do have to agree, just like anything else in life. Honestly there are just as many azzhats on sport bikes as harley's. just that the harley one's usually hit you a group at a time so it sorta seems like more of them.

disclaimer: No I don't own a harley and have no intentions of ever doing so. Just don't ever see myself old enough for a cruiser, at least not a so called american one.:laugh:

I like everyone :)

I dnt like Harley guys that think they are better than me cause they own a HD
I don't like guys riding sports bikes that have a invincible attitude , they scare me

Nah. They were in their best behavior because of the judgement day yesterday. They will resume to their azzhats ways and flipping birds as you pass them today. :laugh:

Nah. They were in their best behavior because of the judgement day yesterday. They will resume to their azzhats ways and flipping birds as you pass them today. :laugh:

Well that's on them. I ride with all bikes.

i ride with all bikes myself, i do a ride to the beach and i'm the only sport bike that goes, 99% of the harley guys initiate the good convo with me. glad you had a good experience. :beerchug:

Today I saw whole new breed of Harley riders.

Got behind two women on the parkway in a late model T bird conv. they ran 30-35 for about 20 miles, no passing because 3 Harleys in front of me 2 up each, and more cars between them and the Tbird.

The guys would only wave at Harleys and the passing harley rider had to wave at them first.... never seen that one before.

they all have this bad azz image but once you meet them and talk they are just normal people like us:thumbsup:.....i like our image better, fast and sexy instead of dirty and grungy.

I use to ride with a great group of Harley riders. All were very respectful to all riders. They always told me it's not what you ride its that you ride:thumbsup:

I use to ride with a great group of Harley riders. All were very respectful to all riders. They always told me it's not what you ride its that you ride:thumbsup:

The ones I ride with are the same way Doug. Any Harley rider that didnt wave first at this bunch didnt get waved at, even had a few wave at the them and then pull their hands back before we passed....pitiful attitudes..

even had a few wave at the them and then pull their hands back before we passed....pitiful attitudes..[/QUOTE]

I get this all the time when I ride with the Harley guys. It does not bother me though I am a better person by letting it go and enjoying the ride with friends. I have been talking to some and once they find out what I ride their whole demeanor changes. Once I notice that I just leave and enjoy my day. I don't judge people by what they ride but what they are willing to do for others. In the end that is all that matters anyway. Treat them as I want to be treated is my motto.

never had many problems myself,if they dont like me or have an attitude cause of what I ride it aint no sweat off my back it just shows what kinda person they are. there are idiots among every group be it harley, sport bikes, doctors, lawyers, whatever. I honestly ride with harleys (friends and family) more than sportbikes for the mellow ride, It keeps me in line and my drivers license is my life so I cant jack around to much (cdl). dont get me wrong, I do like to goof off and ride hard some times but my old group of riding buddies dont no what mellow is and when we get together I say im gonna take it easy but its monkey see, monkey do.

Back