Hanging with the Harley Dudes

My husband and I finally got to go riding yesterday...5 hours of touring back roads and historic areas. *We mostly saw groups of Harley riders, just a handful of sport bikes to be seen...

Anyway, the first two hours of the trip were spent waving to all of the bikers heading the other way...I was following (yeah, Busa's follow, especially when I didn't know where he was taking me), so Harleys waving to my husband and I weren't too big of a surprise. *I spotted a few double-takes when me and my Busa popped in to view, but all-in-all they waved to me. *It's usually 50/50 when I'm by myself...some Harley riders will wave and others seem to forget their manners
tounge.gif

We passed a guy on a yellow Katana that didn't wave back at us, and my husband showed his feelings about that by waving his finger in the air after the cold shoulder...yeah, he's good for PR! *lol

After a few hours of riding, we ended up along the waterfront in a very historic area. *There's a bar there, and tons of custom bikes and Hogs parked in front. *We did the usual "ride-by", turned around and then went back past. *My husband asked if I wanted to stop, but I was really more in to riding than parking and staring at bikes. *I waved once or twice to the guys/gals hanging around the bikes, but I got a "who do you think you are" stare...no biggie...I can take it...

We finally did stop closer to home for a drink and a break (water for me, thanks) at a known Harley hangout. *Harleys parked all over the damn place, guys and gals sitting outside enjoying the warm weather over a beer or ten...I park my Busa well away from the other bikes, not because I don't think I should park with them, but because I don't need to worry about them stumbling past after a few and tipping him over! *
biggrin.gif

I spot a table outside and walk toward it, knowing full well that all those guys just saw me get off of a sport bike wearing a white Harley coat; that my husband just parked his 1200 Sportster next to me. *I made eye contact with several of the beasts, and said something like, ummm "hi"...yeah, that was it...all I got was a "death stare" back, like I was in enemy territory and would surely be torn apart and served up as dinner if I stuck around...I was wearing my h.org t-shirt, and chuckling to myself as I took a seat...

Not downing the Harley crowd 'cause I am married to one and friends with several, including a few from this board, but it was just damn funny to me...

...is it just me, or is it actually enjoyable to be the only sport biker in the group? *I find it very amusing to see how differently people treat me...in my neck of the woods anyway! *
biggrin.gif

Kicker was that while we were sitting outside, admiring all of the leather and fringe, I saw a few sport bikes pass by...I was hoping against hope that just one would pull in, but they're smart and kept booking it up the road. *I saw a sweet yellow Suzuki with a wicked extended swingarm pass by; few minutes later we packed up and headed out. *It wasn't until I was on the main road, did a U-turn and passed my husband to show all those Harley riding smugs sitting in the sun drinking beer that I go fast too, that I saw that stretched out yellow Suzuki parked in the front of the bar...I wish he'd been brave like me and parked amongst the chrome and leather! *We could have formed an alliance of two...
tounge.gif
i'm 6'2", 270 lbs, i don't get the death stare much. but it's funny being in that situation. what really blows them away is when you're into american bikes too.

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

EM...write anyway/anything/anytime....you want . Never be influenced by anybody .

Be A Charles , has offended lots of people , almost as many as me probably . He has a way about him . He will disagree,I'm sure . But...no matter .

The wave thing.....what can ya do? I personally find the whole wave thing BIGTIME SILLY. Some wave , some don't.
Some will wave on Saturday....'cause they are in a good mood...but they wont wave Monday morning,cause they are in a bad mood. I wave sometimes....sometimes not. Does this mean that sometimes I'm a good person....other times I'm a bad person . No , it just means sometimes I'm going to fast,or I didn't see you,or I'm thinking about how I'm going to carry 2 cases of beer on a fuggin Busa. OR...I just dont fuggin' feel like it.
But when yer stuck on the side of the road , broken down, Rubbah stops . Car , truck, bus , Harley , Ninja.....
Rubbah stops .

The whole "Where should I park my bike" thing .
Beside the Harleys...or away from them ?
I park wherever I want . I have to admit , I'll park to spite them . By "Them" , I mean anyone . Harley guys , old folks, Ninja riders , store owners....I dont care . I always park on the sidewalk . Downtown,uptown,your town .

You enjoying so far Ba ? Not too long for ya is it ? he he he

Lets dispell some myths....and mispell some things while we're at it .

Bikers(Harley riders) . I'm guessing the average Harley sold in north america today is not sold to a Hells Angel . It is sold to a doctor , lawyer , dentist or Indian chief . They're the only ones that can afford them now . A shiddy Sportster sells for 10 grand here . The whole "Biker" urban legend thing...nah. Is someone tuff because they ride a Harley ? Are they someone to fear ? In my opinion ...no. In my part of the world...the Hells Angels are a group that you dont want to fug with too much . But you need to fear the Asian gangs more . The Russian gangs even more than the Asians. The average person can be led astray thou . THE MOB RULES . Sure, yer Jap bike can get vandallized outside a red-neck strip bar . But some dudes Harley doesn't stand a chance either , when 5 guys coming out of a stag all drunked up decide to fuk with . I dont care what they ride . If they ride anything at all .

Bottom line.....harley guys can be pricks.
rice rocket riders can be pricks.
chevy malibu drivers can be pricks.

I think yer debating topics which have no absolute end.
No complete answer can be found anywhere .
There is no way to use scientific fact , or common sense , fact n' figures to solve any of these debates. There is just no data .

BE GOOD IF YOU CAN , EVEN TO BACHARLES....

he was dropped on his head when he was a baby...

TWICE .

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That is fukn great post !!!

Thanks for the laughs as well as reality check....:thumbsup::beerchug:

Well Michelle, no words at the moment can begin to describe what you just wrote. Does the word "novel" mean anything to you?
rock.gif
Not that it was long-winded, but it was so melo-dramatic. You definitely have a way with expressing yourself and that's cool, but next time you want to tell us of a riding experience...please...please...please, don't take us with you.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
I actually felt like I was riding on the back of your bike as I read this masterpiece of literature...
wink.gif

Brian

Keep laughing funny boy she is now quietly planning your demise as she smiles ever so slightly.:laugh:

Back