I Hate This!!!

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Well, it's not the money, it's the principle.

A few weeks ago, I stepped up to a fellow .org member who needed a tire. His screen-name is Spitz.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...27-new-pay-forward-thread-10.html#post1894695

I sent him a (free)slightly used tire with the understanding that he'd pay shipping (it's all in writing). He needed the tire right away so I shipped it so he could go to that trip he's talking about. I let him know the shipping came to (less than $25) and change. This was about 5 weeks ago.

Long story and MANY PM'S filled with empty promises later, absolutely nothing.

I'm only sayin' it's right to help people when they need it and I'd totally do it again, as I know all of you would help me, too...but...if you ever have an opportunity to help "Spitz", you might want to make sure he upholds his end of the bargain, first.

Again, it's not the money, but the principle.

Sorry to hear that bro. That was nice of you to hook him up with the tire, that's a shame.

That sucks Red. Sometimes it seems like no good deed goes unpunished. Maybe our buddy will be shamed by this thread into paying up.

yea i hate to hear that man but i definetly know where your coming from thats why when i help people ive gotten to the point to where i dont except to get anything back

that'd be nice, but a lot of times, people like that either:

1) say they forgot
2) mom died, dog ate grandpa, sister in hospital, etc...some lame excuse thats BS
3) leave and dont come back, haven gotten their free stuff
4) come back under a new name and do the same old crap (tm)

Sad but true. Just remember kids, Karma's a B!TCH!

Man some people just don't get it. If someone trys to help me the last thing i would do is screw them over. If I can't pay you then I don't need it, plain and simple. What goes around comes around and it'll cost him in the long run.

im with shadetree on this...gave a set of mirror extenders to a guy asked for nothing in return he didnt even pay for shipping but i got a thanx from him when they got there that is all i needed to here i think thats what this family is all about

Guys, I forgot to mention that it's a rear Pilot Power that I sent him. As you can see on the PAY IT FORWARD thread, he was looking to buy one. I felt bad for him for having a nail on his rear tire that's why I didn't make him pay for the tire. As I mentioned, it's not the money. It's the principle. That's one thing I teach my kids. If you said you're going to do something, make sure you do it.

There's only two things a person has got: Their name and their word. If their word is mud, their mud. Follow my drift? Sleeper Red, your kindness has not gone unnoticed and neither will your Karma. As far as the recipient, I would hate to be in his saddle...Karma rides faster!

Sorry to hear. Hopefully he will stand up and do whats right. It's people like that take advantage of kindness and some wanting to help that causes others not to want to help anyone because they feel they are bing scamed even when they are not.

Sorry to hear that sleeper. You've been awesome, with the tire and the jacket & gloves in the other thread. It's a shame Spitz isn't manning up but it's people like you that make this such a great place :beerchug:. Thanks for the heads up.

well i hope he is just out enjoying the tire you sent him, and just maybe forgot to give thanks and your shipping, you never know what coulda happened to the guy, lets hope its all good and he sends you your $$

Send him a personal email, saying what you just said to all of us. I would hope maybe it is an oversite, or maybe a work thing. Let's hope for the best.

sorry to hear that sleeper. You've been awesome, with the tire and the jacket & gloves in the other thread. It's a shame spitz isn't manning up but it's people like you that make this such a great place :beerchug:. Thanks for the heads up.

+1000

It really really sucks when you step up and it gets dismissed. I agree, send him another personnel e-mail and see what happens. Do a Read Receipt too.

Good luck.

I guess that's why I never send anything to someone first, if I really need to be paid. If I have it, don't use it and someone needs it, my attitude is if they pay, GREAT :thumbsup: . If they don't, well I helped someone who evidently needed it way more than I did and just couldn't afford it :beerchug:

There's only two things a person has got: Their name and their word. If their word is mud, their mud. Follow my drift? Sleeper Red, your kindness has not gone unnoticed and neither will your Karma. As far as the recipient, I would hate to be in his saddle...Karma rides faster!
Thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate it. I do believe in Karma. It's a very powerful thing. This is one of the reasons why I don't take advantage of people and always try to do what's right all my life. I love helping people when they need it. As long as I can do it and I can afford it, I WILL DO it.

Sorry to hear that sleeper. You've been awesome, with the tire and the jacket & gloves in the other thread. It's a shame Spitz isn't manning up but it's people like you that make this such a great place :beerchug:. Thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome and thanks very much. Whatever you guys need, if I can do it, I'm here for all of you.

Back