Was I wrong?

hyyaqt

Donating Member
Registered
In December, I won an eBay auction for a cell phone from 23rdavecellular. Within minutes of the auction end, I paid via Paypal. (Now, I really need this phone, mine had just been stolen and I use it for business). WEEKS go by, and I had sent 2 different emails to this guy with no response. On Monday of the 3rd week, I email him again and he responds saying there was some confusion with the address, he'll get it out tomorrow. So I wait, thinking I'll have it by next week.

On Monday (week 4), I email him a simple note, "have you shipped my phone?" Three days later he responds with, "I was gonna ship it, but I noticed the antenna had gotten messed up and I'm gonna fix it for you. On Friday, I email him with "did you get it fixed? Have you shipped? Can you give me a tracking number?" NO RESPONSES.

Now in week 5, with no responses, I file a Paypal complaint to help resolve problem, with options to provide tracking number or give me a refund? He has 7 days to respond, and on Day 6 he refunds me my money.

NOW here's the problem, I was thinking this guy has my money for 5 full weeks and he can't ship me a cell phone, so I leave negative feedback that says "Bought Item Dec 20th, Does not ship! Refunded after complaint Jan 22. Excuses!". I am thinking that people need to know this, right?

He starts leaving me negative feedback "Disgrace to Ebay changed his mind on sale I issued refund he left negative feed".

NOW, I did not change my mind. I wanted the phone, and as a matter of fact, I purchased the same exact phone after I was refunded from another eBayer and I have the phone ALREADY!

WAS I WRONG? or would you do the same?

P.S. The same day my auction ended someone else bought a phone and it just miraculously got lost in mail, although he has a tracking number, but no phone.

If your E-bay rating is the BIG Problem in your life... Then Dude... Your Doin Prety Damn good...
thumbs-up.gif
Let it go, and do not buy important things on Ebay. You need it NOW, you need it RIGHT? Suck it up and buy local...
wink.gif

I know what your saying Though, just helping with the perspective...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106893470 -->

Bro your not in the wrong at all, I believe you did the right thing on informing other folks not to buy from this individual. You did the right thing.
beerchug.gif

yeah I am hesitant about buying off e-bay for that very reason. Like someone mentioned already who cares about your rating on ebay unless your doing a lot of transactions and making a living off it.

Well, thanks. And I do worry about my rating, only because I am beginning to sell more and more. I know I have learned to look at feedback before I bid on someone's stuff.

As far as the buying local thing, that would be nice and I prefer it, but when the local cell phone shop wants $199 and I can buy the phone for $40 to $60 on eBay, it just doesn't make sense.

My ebay ratings are important to me because i sell a lot to and if i get negs people wont bid on my stuff. I havent had to leave a neg yet just neutrals. I kinda hate to leave a neg because they your guarenteed to get one back even if you as a buyer pay immidetly

I think you did right. maybe you could have gone neutral instead of negative but posting what went wrong is not a bad thing to do. At least you got your money back but this still sucks big time. I hate when people pull this kind of stuff.

You weren't wrong at all.

You left a negative, which he deserved due to the poor communication. If he had better communication you should have left him a neutral because he refunded your money....but he didn't so he deserved the negative.

And in the negative you said exactly what happened. You didn't make anything up or embellish anything.

You did exactly what you were supposed to, and if everyone on ebay was like you, ebay would be a much better place.

He, on the other hand is a POS. He made it sound like you reneged (sp?) on the deal and it was YOUR fault it didn't go through. If there were less people like him on ebay, ebay would be a better place.

Kudos to you, I hope his toilet overflows.
smile.gif

You were definately in the right to do what you did....he did not provide the product you paid for promptly. Can you appeal a reverse negative feedback?

You were in the right, paid for a product that was not delivered, the supplier didn't contact you in a reasonable amount of time, negative report was necessary. Seems like he knows he was wrong and is now trying to shift blame.

I won an auction one time on some stock cans,I explained to the guy that pay pal was not avail. here,he said he could do the visa card thing, then he changed his mind about that.(first red flag) Then I said I would western union the guy, he said okay, I was about to wire the money and called the guy up to get his full name, he gave me the name but changed his location to LAS VEGAS!!!! RED FLAGG # 2, I forgot the dude and got a set of cans from another guy for 40 $

Back