factory pro evo star
bmc filter(race)
r6 throttle tube
08 radial master cyl.
front & rear galpher lines
ebc hh pads(front & rear)
mps clutch mod
shinko 03 tires

my question is am I missing anything?.......remember this is just a weekend warrior for now until I blow it & then Ill go nuts on it

What the hell is dreag racing?

Oh and are you racing 1/8 or 1/4?

lose the 16/44 and go with a 16/42.

What do you weigh? and you didnt say anythign about being lowered?

Im running stock motor with guted cans and sitting with a 2/3 drop and streched 5 1/2" with 16/44 and I weigh in at 165lbs fully suited. Ive run 5.95 in the 1/8 but most of the time I spin the whole 1/8 with the 16/44. I moved to the 16/42 and made it into the 5's but still spin. although im far from experienced in this the professor has told me i need to replace the rear shock and play with the stretch more. and I need a new tire.

What are your times right now? and your 60'

fully suited 265lbs.
lowered 1-1/4 front without strap(dont know how much the strap compress the forks) & 2" rear

fully suited 265lbs.
lowered 1-1/4 front without strap(dont know how much the strap compress the forks) & 2" rear

Thats alot of lbs to push down the strip, I have now idea what to tell you. Talk with professor he can halp better than I.

What time are you running?

Thats alot of lbs to push down the strip, I have now idea what to tell you. Talk with professor he can halp better than I.

What time are you running?

"BIG ED"
no time yet went 8.80 1/4 mile in my camaro sold it & got bit by the drag bug & there is a busa just sittin here

"BIG ED"
no time yet went 8.80 1/4 mile in my camaro sold it & got bit by the drag bug & there is a busa just sittin here
thats one stout Camaro... going to be hard to match it with the busa but certainly fun getting there...

I am just about the same set up as you, but I run the Brock Street Meg and 16/42. I have been 9.61 @ 144 so far and I'm 230 suited. My 60's could use some work as I typically go 1.60's with a stock shock, which I feel is really holding the bike back.

anybody could strap down a 5 point harness in a caged,nitrous,slick down car & mash out.its doing it on a bike holding on to the grips & nothing between you & the asphalt but leathers & skin.I know I wont get the numbers of the camaro but I gotta start somewhere so I thought Id start here with some HELPFUL advice from those with experience.

I am just about the same set up as you, but I run the Brock Street Meg and 16/42. I have been 9.61 @ 144 so far and I'm 230 suited. My 60's could use some work as I typically go 1.60's with a stock shock, which I feel is really holding the bike back.

SWEET!!!now that sounds more like it......Im probably getting rid of the yosh & pickin up a brocks alien

SWEET!!!now that sounds more like it......Im probably getting rid of the yosh & pickin up a brocks alien

I can't stress enough the importance of seat time. Get as much as you can and just try to gain a little each time out, not every pass. I tried to pick up a half a tenth every weekend out, and do it consistantly. Throw out your worst and your best of the weekend and work on the middle. That is where you will be most of the time. Consistancy is tough on a bike bro!!

feb.8,09 Im renting the track for the day so I could practice pass after pass from open to close:cheerleader:.not bad for my first time at the track on the bike

seems like you've got a pretty good setup to start with. Brng a good accurate tire pressure gauge and a detailed log book. Write every little thing down. As others already said, getting the bike down lower will help you. You can also invest in a seat pan too. It's an easy enough swap to do at the track or before you head over there. you wanna get the central mass nice n low.

Back