part or not 2 part a beautiful machine??????

fastnotch2002

Registered
Have had my 04 up for sale for a month or so.......after ALOT of trade offers....some nice so not even worth it...and alot of rediciolus low ball offers I'm not sure what to do. I put so much time and money in her and would really like it to go the way it is......my question is would it be smarter to part it and put it back to stock....I figure if i sell most of the mods the bike it should sell easy for $7k in spring.Heres the ad:

Time to let her go...she has 2800 babied miles....yes thats 2800. You wont find a nicer or well cared for R1. Has tons of mods plus countless hours of labor. Bike is just BEAUTIFUL....not a scratch.....runs, rides and looks better then NEW! Heres a list of mods:

Carrozzeria forged wheels
Michelin Pilot powers
Galpher rotors front and rear
EBC HH Sintered pads front and rear
Speigler stainless braided lines
Rizoma billet mirrors
Rizoma billet grips
Pazzo levers
Polished engraves reservoir caps
Polished oil cap
Graves case covers both sides
Polished frame sliders
Polished clutch slider
Polished engraved bar ends and swing arm spools
Puig smoked windscreen
Vortex triple clamp
Vortex adjustable rear sets
Polished frame
Chrome swing arm
Chrome calipers front and rear
Chrome rear brake hanger
Arata Full Titanium exhaust
BMC air filter
Graves velocity stacks
Graves smog block offs
Polished clutch lever cover
PowerCommander USB
Ohlins Dampner
Custom tuned by Schnitz Racing 158.7 RWHP
Stainless windscreen bolts
Greggs polished flush mount turn signals
Integrated LED tail light
Greggs tail plug
Vortex chrome gas cap
Yamaha seat cowl
Corbin seat
Custom Yamaha lower stickers.....rest was removed
8000k HID kit
NGK iridium plugs
Always amsoil synthetic with k&n oil filter
Custom painted mid inserts and rear fender
Sprocket Specialties hardened sprockets
RK 520 o-ring chain
Spencer Cycle adjustable kickstand
GYTR chrome tank pad

I'm sure theres more I just cant think. the bike ALWAYS gets looks and compliments everytime out...PERIOD......Its drop dead gorgous and modded very nicely. Have over

I figured I could remove all this:
-Carrozzeria forged wheels with spacers with 520 RK chain and sprocket specialtiess hardened sprockets...galpher rotors front and rear, Michlen pilot powers....$800 with exchange of your rims and tires,spacers,chain and sprockets
-Rizoma mirrors.....................................$100
-Pazzo levers..........................................$1 00
-Graves case covers both sides............$100
-Vortex adjustable rearsets.....................$250
-Chrome calipers, front and rear with rear chrome hanger and hh pads........$125 with exchange of your stockers
-Arata full titanium exhaust............................$750
-BMC filter............................................ ........$40
-Graves stacks............................................ .$80
-PCUSB, custom mapped for this combo..........$180
-Vortex chrome vented gas cap...........................$50
-Corbin seat.............................................. ................$100
-HID kit............................................... ......................$50
-Yamaha seat cowl.............................................. .....$100
-Adjustable billet kickstand (new)..............................$75
-Ohlins steering Dampner.......................................$180
-Chrome kickstand .............................................$40

and selling the bike back to stock with a few prettys and chrome swingarm and polished frame & low miles for $6.8-$7k in spring......all I wanna do is get $10k out of it....am I over priced? So I leave it alone and wait for spring or tear it apart? Thanks for the help guys?

Picture 189.jpg

Picture 191.jpg

Parting it out and selling close to stock will get you the most money.
Pipe did that on his 04 Busa and come out pretty good.

Parting it out and selling close to stock will get you the most money.
Pipe did that on his 04 Busa and come out pretty good.

kinda what I think its coming to...just cant belive no one would want to buy a bike already done ALOT cheaper then you could do it for yourself?

Maybe they wanted it done a little different.
Modded out, means that your probably looking for that one person that wants it exactly that way.
Pipe knows what your saying though.

Maybe they wanted it done a little different.
Modded out, means that your probably looking for that one person that wants it exactly that way.
Pipe knows what your saying though.

true...each persons taste is diffrent....always get compliments everywhere I go so I figured I was going in the right direction tho......putting it back to stock...which I have most of the parts....then someone else can start overi love the bike...but god do I LOVE the busa more....LOL

That is a beautiful R1!!!! :bowdown: Very Sick bro, May i ask why the HELL are you selling it? I would imagine waiting till spring will net you ALOT closer to 10k. I wouldnt part it out, chance's are if your selling it, you just want out....for whatever reason. If you part it out, not only are you inventing alot of FREE labor, but you take a chance of damaging the bike some how!

That is a beautiful R1!!!! :bowdown: Very Sick bro, May i ask why the HELL are you selling it? I would imagine waiting till spring will net you ALOT closer to 10k. I wouldnt part it out, chance's are if your selling it, you just want out....for whatever reason. If you part it out, not only are you inventing alot of FREE labor, but you take a chance of damaging the bike some how!

dont really need to sell it...its bought and paid for...I just dont ride it anymore....I love the bike...but I like my 240ed busa ALOT more and the wifes 08 busa isnt to shabby either....lol

dont really need to sell it...its bought and paid for...I just dont ride it anymore....I love the bike...but I like my 240ed busa ALOT more and the wifes 08 busa isnt to shabby either....lol

Well Sir, i will say at least this much :learn: You got GREAT Taste my man, That being; if your going to step off a bad azz ride like that(i love R1's, had one myself).....THE ONLY better bike to Swing a leg over would be "DA BUSA" :rulez: :beerchug: Good Luck and keep us posted!

kinda what I think its coming to...just cant belive no one would want to buy a bike already done ALOT cheaper then you could do it for yourself?

It's ridiculous. You'll put it back to stock, sell it because the guy wants it stock---and then he'll slowly start taking it down the same mod path as you did.

I returned had my 03 r6 for sale for $7k with a ton of mods on it. No one would pay $7k, so I busted it down to stock and sold it to a guy for $5500. I told him I had tons of parts for it but he didn't want them. I told him to keep my number. He slowly bought most of the mods and ended spending around $2k on the parts alone!!!!! He later told me that I got him!!!!

Long story short, if you have the parts, bust it down and list them on ebay or r1 sights. It'll be more work, but you'll get top coin!!!

Man i REALLY cant get over this one! :woot: I LOVE THIS BIKE! I SOOOOOOO WISH :please: i had the money to spare, You my friend would NO longer own a R1. Sorry guyz for post whoreing, but next to Busa's R1'S are my weak spot :laugh: and this bad Sum Beatch just fits the bill for me! :bowdown:
Ahhhhh OH WELL, I'll stop dreaming now, But letz see that Girl one mo time :cheerleader:

Picture 191_1.jpg

Last edited:
Fast, man, I DON'T really like R-1's at all. I am a SUZUKI man at heart. But dude, that bike is rock'n man. It is beautiful. VERY well done. I can't believe u can't sell it.

But I am with these guys, return it to stock, sell all your aftermarket parts seperate. I kept EVERY part needed to return my Busa 100% bone stock if I ever decide to sell it, 100%. IMO it's the best way to recoup the majority of your money.

Back