I have a ZX10 and have been offered a trade for this Busa Opinions

fungames43232

Registered
First I have to say I have never owned a Busa. My current bike is an 05 ZX10 with a ton of mods. It handles ok but not as good as my ZX6 or my R1. The power is pretty good, but nothing that makes me go WOW. It does make me smile though. I have been offered an 01 Busa. He wants $4000 plus my bike and I was hoping for your guys opinions. The Busa looks like a show bike in mint condition. Owner states he runs 8.6 in the quarter and puts out 210 on motor and 260 on nitrous. Owner also states he has 15k in mods. Here are the mods for both bikes...I don't have any pics of the Busa, but here is my 10.

2001 Hayabusa 5000 miles 1500 on built motor
Custom paint,
rc comp wheels ceramic bearings,
3 sprockets for rc wheels 40 41 43,
mirrors block off plates,
custom seat,
4inch stretched
chrome swing arm,
Chrome plates on brake and clutch reservoirs,
chrome trac adjustable triple tree,
shift light,
MPS kill box,
MPS air shifter,
chrome rear sets, chrome back foot pegs,
chrome clutch cover,
Chrome stater cover,
new fast by gas battery,
power commanderIIIr,
custom map, yellow speed box,
hid headlight,
Brand new front tire,
bar ends,
Brock Sidewinder exhaust

Motor
JE custom nitrous pistons,
A beam rods,
fully built head port and polished,
carpenter valves and springs,
APE stud bolts,
Back cut trans,
Brock inner basket,
Brock clutch mod,
harden shift forks,
when the motor was built I used a brand new crank from Suzuki,
NOS nitrous dry shot with 2 lb bottle,
NOS plate for air box
air box nitrous plate mod

Black 2005 kawasaki zx-10r w/14k miles
Thin head gasket
racing cam
Cams Degreed
Ignition Module
Carpenter TI Retainers
Carpenter Springs
Lowering links
Cycle concepts clutch plates
MPS Kill switch with Lanyard
Dynojet quick shifter
Soupy's adjustable kick stand
puig DB light smoke wind screen
Rifleman's 1/5 TI
Full akra ti evo w/carbon fiber can
Goodridge kevlar brake lines-blue
Dynojet pcIII
GI-Pro TRE/GI- blue
carbon fiber GI Pro dash
06 zx10r radial master
integrated tail light
Solo seat cowl
Bar end Mirrors
Mirror block off plates
AIS block off plates
Champs frame sliders-brand new
New Conti Sport Attack Tires
BMC air filter/race
Factory pro velocity stacks
06 cbr1krr front calipers
Brocks caliper strap mounts
crg levers black.red adj
Tech Spec Snake Skin grip tank pads
Progrip tank pad/grips
Scotts steering stabalizer
polished lip on stock wheels
OSF black adjustable rearsets GP Shift
homemade "eliminator"
Front clear flush euro signals
DDM Tuning HIDS
blue running lights

right_passenger_Seat.jpg

So you think an 01 built busa is worth my 10 plus $4000 out of my pocket. I know my bike is not going to 8's in the quarter. My other reason is I'm guessing the Busa will be a more comfy ride.

No way, too much cash. Nitros motor is a nitros motor, no matter how well built it is. They go boom quicker than the average motor, I'de have someone who knows race bikes look at it before you buy/trade, don't get taken. What's wrong with ur ZX10? You've got alot in it too. I like both bikes, and u can make yours more comfortable with a seat and different bars. And ur bike will go into the 8s for $4000.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my 10. I have done all the work on it myself. I keep my toys in pristine condition. My oil was changed every 1000 miles since I have had it. Since I did all the work myself I really don't have that much in it. If I had it done elsewhere it would have cost a pretty penny.

No way, too much cash. Nitros motor is a nitros motor, no matter how well built it is. They go boom quicker than the average motor, I'de have someone who knows race bikes look at it before you buy/trade, don't get taken. What's wrong with ur ZX10? You've got alot in it too. I like both bikes, and u can make yours more comfortable with a seat and different bars. And ur bike will go into the 8s for $4000.

Good points :beerchug:

I'de just be cautious, make sure the Busa is as good as it seems. Why does he want your bike too? Maybe he really does and it's legit, or maybe tryin to unload somethin and get a good bike and some cash. Not tryin to discourage you, just don't get taken, and I wouldn't give him so much cash. Doesn't matter what he's got in it, look around, check ebay, it's hard to get anything for a good bike right now, especially something with a ton of money in it. Now's a good time to buy, not sell.

Yea well to tell you the truth I don't think so for this one. It's only a #32. I ran a 40 shot on my 636 for a long long time with no issues. I think it's the real shots that cause issues. The guy down the street runs huge shots through his bikes and he has to rebuild his motors a couple times a year.

If I did trade what would you guys consider a fair amount for me to add. The owner states he wants something for cornering.

Pay to have a PPI (PrePurchase Inspection) done. Then you'll know if bike HAS no expenses waiting to happen. This will determine how much cash you'll add.

P.S. How much do you want for your bike?

Pay to have a PPI (PrePurchase Inspection) done. Then you'll know if bike HAS no expenses waiting to happen. This will determine how much cash you'll add.

P.S. How much do you want for your bike?

x2

how many passes on new engine?

receipts for all the work?

i cant see 4k and the 10 for the busa, id think you would be better off to sell the 10 and buy a busa. look around a little. sell your bike and throw a little cash in you could have a fresh start with a nicely modded gen2

If I did trade what would you guys consider a fair amount for me to add. The owner states he wants something for cornering.

He's got somethin that'll corner. It just needs to be stock length and raised up. Yours needs raised too before I'de try drag a knee with it. If I really wanted it, a grand, $2000 at the most, doesn't matter how much he's got in it. If he is a knowledgable drag racer and knows nitros, he has an idea how much abuse the motor has taken, maybe on it's last legs(which again could be anytime) Or maybe it's all for show and he hasn't run it/scared and it's ok, never know. Let a GOOD bike mechanic check it out if you do it.

You would not be happy having a busa that you will not be modding. Looking at all the great work you have done on your ZX, it looks like you enjoy modding. Get a gen 1 Busa and make it the way you want it, you certainly have the skill.

I have both of these exact same bikes in my garage (05 ZX & turbo Busa). Could not be more happy.

twins.jpg

Lots of good deals on GEN I's out there, like this: $5K for a 2000 (last of the unrestricteds)

3m93p13l95Y65T65Q4a4g3f7f5d845da4172b.jpg

'05 wth funky paint for $4600

3ma3oe3p65V45Q35Z1a4c9500bb61a66e1f7a.jpg

'99 with custom paint for $4300

3n73m93l25V05W55P1a3n0772c55ae5e5181f.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty good with bikes myself. The bike was tuned by Ryan Schnitz and he has receipts for all his work/parts. The motor has 4 passes on it. About the only thing I would ask would be a leak down test. 2k is about what I was thinking. I thought 4K was a bit high. He said he had someone with an 08 GSXR offer him 4k but did not have the $$$$ on hand.

I'm pretty good with bikes myself. The bike was tuned by Ryan Schnitz and he has receipts for all his work/parts. The motor has 4 passes on it. About the only thing I would ask would be a leak down test. 2k is about what I was thinking. I thought 4K was a bit high. He said he had someone with an 08 GSXR offer him 4k but did not have the $$$$ on hand.

Musta been a 600, a POS, or a sucker. If the bike turns out ok, and you give em $2k, it's not a smokin deal, but I'de say fair.

Back