I have a ZX10 and have been offered a trade for this Busa Opinions

megawatt you bite LOL....I would love a turbo Busa...not to mention a 10 and a turbo Busa LOL....Just kidding. Yes I love to mod, but head work and big bore kits are above my skill level. I don't have any good builders on tap. Sure I can install cams, degree cams, take off the head and send it away, but no ability to do the machine work required. Not to mention Ryan is one of the best tuners out there. I'm in Ohio and know of his work.

kromdom I had really not looked into selling my 10. Was looking to trade because it will save about 500-600 in taxes. We can trade with a private seller no problems. If you do a trade with a dealer you have to pay the tax, unless it's new then you pay tax on the difference between the two.

So you think an 01 built busa is worth my 10 plus $4000 out of my pocket. I know my bike is not going to 8's in the quarter. My other reason is I'm guessing the Busa will be a more comfy ride.

Sorry, I didnt catch that 4G's part. That is too much!!!! I could def see even up!

Don't do it.
Read between the lines with that Busa. It's been ragged and beat on. You want to have something that will last a long time and nitrous motor isn't that. He wants too much $ for what you'd get yourself into.

My advice...

Sell your bike on craiglist and scrape a grand or 2 together and buy a Busa off craigs. I see them all the time. There's deals to be had.
I picked up my 06 limited with a lot of aftermarket goodies for $6k. It had 1655 miles. They're out there if you look.

I think I would pass man, 4K plus your bike cmon thats a little retarded your bike is newer and probably books for more. I think he is trying to get rid of this thing he just needs the right SUCKA to off load it on. Don't be that person. If you want a Busa just shop around and find you a good well taken care of gen I that way you can make it yours :laugh: let us know what happens and by the way :welcome: to the .Org

Nitrous engines set up right are no quicker to grenade than any other engine. That is, with things done in moderation.

If thats pat old bike buy it.. But it sound like you have a strong running zx-10.:beerchug:

I was about to say do you have pics of the bike? Sounds like a BUSA we may know... :laugh:

I would just keep your bike and buy a Gen-II BUSA... :beerchug:

Id keep the 10, i love those older 10's....you know what you have in it and seems to be solid. If i was in your shoes id either just add a busa, if i couldnt afford both id sell the 10 outright then shop for a clean "pampered" busa..lol

The Busa sounds nice, but I just can't see spending that much on an older upgraded busa. Keep your 10r and buy a busa for 5k. That or sell your 10r and get a busa.
If I was you, I wouldn't do the trade. To many things to worry about.

So you think an 01 built busa is worth my 10 plus $4000 out of my pocket. I know my bike is not going to 8's in the quarter. My other reason is I'm guessing the Busa will be a more comfy ride.

I vote NO sorry I am a Busa fan but I don't think it's a good deal... but

What is it you want from the Busa that you don't get from the ZX 10 ???

You looking for a dedicated drag bike? I know it's nice to get a bike already done with goodies.. but it seems like he is trying to get back what he has in it..If you looking to do a lot riding in street (seeing as how you said it was comfy) maybe look at a less modded bike an try an make a deal closer to heads up, the Kawi looks very clean.

I only live about 15 minutes from national trails and about 2 hours from mid-ohio. That's why I wanted to switch from a street/track bike to a street/strip bike. We will have to see what comes of my offer.

Are you a member here: Kawasaki ZX-10R.net ?

Anyway, how can't you be satisfied w the first gens mid range- I'm guessing you still have youR secondary flies installed?

Eitherway the bus n 10r are two dif machines. I wouldn't go from a "2004" 10r to a "2001" bus esp for that price, just my .02.
When I had my Akra slip on a pc3, 2nd flies pulled, bmc race filter and -1 gearing I'd walk on those cows (geared and stretched) anyday until 150 of course. But the choice is yours.

I've been turbo'd (see sig) for almost two yrs now and can tell you that a 234hp, 430lb, first gen 10r at stock wheel base and lowered 1" will cause rapid ****ting of pants. However, I'm having an imaginary affair w a gen II rcc turbo just because it's a more comfortable ride and has so much more r&d invested in the upgrades department.
Good luck to whichever choice you make and I hope it makes you happy

Last edited:
That deal is a "NO GO"......
Your bike PLUS 4Gs..... Nope, that deal is heavily stacked in the other guys favor... On a side note.. Modifications,expenses and changes we make to our bikes are just that.. "OUR" changes and preferences, nine times out of ten that money is "AT LEAST" a 50% loss.. We are never gonna see a return on it... I could care less about what the "other guy" spent modding his bike.
My question to him would always be,

1. "Do you want to get rid of it or not"?
2. "Do you need the cash or not"?

If a guy thinks that dumping 5,10, OR $15K into any of these sports bike is an investment that he's gonna see a return on then I would suggest that he take a look at all the "Harleys" for sale every were, the owners are taking a beating on the Sale price and in many cases cannot recoup much money in the way of mods, and those Harleys hold value better than our sports bikes...

Just my opinion, and experience..

Back