I have a ZX10 and have been offered a trade for this Busa Opinions

Are you a member here: Kawasaki ZX-10R.net ?

Anyway, how can't you be satisfied w the first gens mid range- I'm guessing you still have youR secondary flies installed?

Eitherway the bus n 10r are two dif machines. I wouldn't go from a "2004" 10r to a "2001" bus esp for that price, just my .02.
When I had my Akra slip on a pc3, 2nd flies pulled, bmc race filter and -1 gearing I'd walk on those cows (geared and stretched) anyday until 150 of course. But the choice is yours.

I've been turbo'd (see sig) for almost two yrs now and can tell you that a 234hp, 430lb, first gen 10r at stock wheel base and lowered 1" will cause rapid ****ting of pants. However, I'm having an imaginary affair w a gen II rcc turbo just because it's a more comfortable ride and has so much more r&d invested in the upgrades department.
Good luck to whichever choice you make and I hope it makes you happy

Man has a point:laugh::laugh: Already have a Turbo'd 10 why not just set it up for the strip extended swing arm an taller gears ???

Not worth it.

You'll be another $6,000 into that older Busa before you know it.

a works ZX10+$4,000? NO WAY.

If you have that kind of money to throw out the window, keep your ZX (which is nice BTW) and go buy a regular busa.

You'll probably spend the same money and STILL HAVE A ZX!!!!

no brainer.

Ok heres busa.

pic7.jpg

pic1.jpg

ok, nice bike but still not worth urs and 4k...like the guys said u got a clean zx on ur hands...not sayin the busa dont look clean, but me personally i would want one not so modded, as close to stock as possible best to say...thats just me tho...and def not a 01...maybe if it was a year or so diff from your bike then i would consider it..but right now i think ur nuts..IMO..either way good look

Ok points taken...I have put this trade on hold, but I do want a modded bike. I like mods. I have always wanted a turbo busa. Maybe ill try posting my bike here for trade. Not sure if I have to wait though.

Sweet bike. If it gets a clean bill of health after a PPI, then ask the seller if he will GIT R DONE for your kawi + $2K. Best of luck!

Yep, that's Pat's old bike with stock wheels and a different exhaust... :thumbsup:

That was a well taken care of bike when Pat owned it, not sure about the new owner though. That bike has had the best money spent on it but I don't think it's worth what he wants.

Again, I would just keep your bike and buy a 08+ BUSA so you have the best of both... :beerchug:

Personally I think you have too much invested in your 10r to have to have that much come out-of-pocket for an older bike. Some other have mentioned it but I think it's worth saying again. Most of the fun with a bike is the journey not the destination, you seem to be a person that likes changing things why not give yourself a shot at making your own from your mod list I think it would be a sweet busa :beerchug: GL and :welcome:

Yep, that's Pat's old bike with stock wheels and a different exhaust... :thumbsup:

That was a well taken care of bike when Pat owned it, not sure about the new owner though. That bike has had the best money spent on it but I don't think it's worth what he wants.

Again, I would just keep your bike and buy a 08+ BUSA so you have the best of both... :beerchug:

The rims are RC Component rims with ceramic bearings and a Brocks sidewinder exhaust. The owner also works at a bike shop and is very knowledgeable. I could guess pretty well that it has been taken care of. As for mods on my bike, I bought everything used and did everything myself so I really don't have a ton in it. Heck I bought the racing cam for $20.

Ok here is an update. Yes this is Pats bike with another 10K in the motor. The RC rims come with the bike but he only uses them for racing. Hmmmm the plot thickens.

If it was to be a fair trade don't give him any money. It's a nice Busa, but not that nice.

As others have said find another one to buy and keep the 10. It is great to have both.

Busa101-1.jpg

Ok here is an update. Yes this is Pats bike with another 10K in the motor. The RC rims come with the bike but he only uses them for racing. Hmmmm the plot thickens.

I would email Pat over on Suzukihayabusa.org and see what changes if any were done since he sold it. I know Pat did a LOT of stuff to that bike so another $10k in the motor is hard to believe unless he blew it up and started over. I was about to say those are stock rims in the pic and know Pat had RC's on it so that seems odd as well...

How many other bikes do you have?

I wouldn't.... that busa is nice but not a worked ZX10+cash nice...its a DECADE old

JUST THINK IF YOU SELL UR ZX10 FOR SAY $3,000.00-$4,000.00, KEEP THE 3 OR 4 THOUSAND YOUR GONNA TRADE YOU COULD BUY A LIGHTLY USED 2008. I'VE SEEN PLENTY 2008'S FOR 7-8 THOUSAND, JUST MY :2cents:

Back