Well I voted

Yep, BW and I got up bright and early to go vote. Got there and of course a line. We expected that. So we are chatting away and watching as people are getting in line behind us. We finally move up to where they check your id. They had us split up in 4 lines based on the first letter of your last name. A-D E-K L-Q and R-Z. Well Ok, not too big a deal. Until the E-K line seemed to keep growing and nobody moving and everyone else around us was getting their ballots and leaving. We waited over an hour just to get our ballots. Lots of people upset at the way the polling was set up. I called the county clerks office and complained and offered up a solution that had been discussed in line amongst others and even offered to go back and help volunteer. The clerk took my suggestion was very nice about it and told me that they had no volunteers at the polling place they were all paid. I always thought they poll workers were volunteers. They need to hire new ones. The lady working the E-K line was in her 80's easily and very slow. God bless her sole for wanting to help, but they should have given her a lighter line to handle not the biggest line. They finally did move her over to a different line.

Well that's my voting story. I hope everyone else who is voting has a good experience today. If your reading this and feeling discouraged about waiting in line and maybe thinking of not voting. Don't you dare not vote. Get out there and let your voice be heard. :please: I am glad I did, no matter what the outcome.

That's why I'm a permanent absentee voter. They send me my ballot weeks in advance, I take my time and send it in.
As for the 80 year old poll worker.... God Bless her... I hope to make it to 65 let alone 80.

Well done America, now hopefully your country can gain back some of the respect and status (world view) it has lost over the last 8 years.

I had full confidence the American people would get it right and they did :thumbsup::cheerleader::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Back