Well I voted

Umm, if it makes you feel better to think that a conservative vote in an extremely Liberal state matters even a little bit when it comes to the president then go ahead. But so long as the Electoral College is here and a state goes all Red or Blue? It makes no difference at all, not even a little and this is the sad reality... If it were actually decided by popular vote, it would help though.

If I were in Colorado, Florida, or some other state where it's not so cut and dried then you bet I'd have voted. (WE do it by mail here anyway, had my ballot last month).

Lastly, when I am forced to choose between two evils. I choose neither. So many just vote blindly along party lines like trained monkeys, regardless of the fact that neither candidate is really worth voting for...

Nope, I probably would have written in WWJD or something this year.

Each has their own opinion. The popular vote will have impact on the electoral vote, so yes every vote matters. When polls say there is no hope for one state or another because that poll believes one way or another they only sway voters to not get out and vote. Everyone thought Dewey had Truman beat as well and if I remember correctly in 2000 the polls had Gore ahead of Bush by 6 points. In 1980 Carter was ahead of Reagan by 3 points. We know how those turned out. Fact is, we never know until the votes are counted.

One thing for sure, there was more than just one race on my ballot. I also voted for state rep, state senator, US Senator, and numerous local races and a couple referrendoms. While my vote may not have great impact on a national or statewide race, it could make all the difference in the world in a local race and more times than not, those local candidates will have more effect on your daily routine than a national one.

One thing is for sure, you will never convince me that I wasted my time and I will always question someones motive when they say otherwise

I just got back from voting myself. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

My first time voting! :cheerleader:

Each has their own opinion. The popular vote will have impact on the electoral vote, so yes every vote matters. When polls say there is no hope for one state or another because that poll believes one way or another they only sway voters to not get out and vote. Everyone thought Dewey had Truman beat as well and if I remember correctly in 2000 the polls had Gore ahead of Bush by 6 points. In 1980 Carter was ahead of Reagan by 3 points. We know how those turned out. Fact is, we never know until the votes are counted.

One thing for sure, there was more than just one race on my ballot. I also voted for state rep, state senator, US Senator, and numerous local races and a couple referrendoms. While my vote may not have great impact on a national or statewide race, it could make all the difference in the world in a local race and more times than not, those local candidates will have more effect on your daily routine than a national one.

One thing is for sure, you will never convince me that I wasted my time and I will always question someones motive when they say otherwise

Made no attempt nor do I have any desire to convince you of anything. For myself, 90% of the scumbags who DESIRE to be in positions of power have NO business being their.

But yeah, I made choices when it came to local elections, initiatives, etc... At least there my voice matters.

Rev touches on something I said a long time ago...

Anyone worthy of the job as head of state, is smart enough to stay the frick out of it...

Where I go to vote just happens to have a bar also. If the line is long, I go to the bar for a beer while I wait. :beerchug:

Just back in from voting, took the seven year old, someday step-daughter. I didn't vote in some of the sections because someone I didn't care for was running unopposed. We have a local rep that missed 97% of the votes over the past four years. Why do idiots keep voting him in ?

Umm, if it makes you feel better to think that a conservative vote in an extremely Liberal state matters even a little bit when it comes to the president then go ahead. But so long as the Electoral College is here and a state goes all Red or Blue? It makes no difference at all, not even a little and this is the sad reality... If it were actually decided by popular vote, it would help though.

If I were in Colorado, Florida, or some other state where it's not so cut and dried then you bet I'd have voted. (WE do it by mail here anyway, had my ballot last month).

Lastly, when I am forced to choose between two evils. I choose neither. So many just vote blindly along party lines like trained monkeys, regardless of the fact that neither candidate is really worth voting for...

Nope, I probably would have written in WWJD or something this year.

I live in the only Blue County in the State of Texas. When Texas results come in (by county), The whole State is lit up Red except for Travis County (Austin). I still go and vote. I at least want it to be there.

It was very sad to see the number of unopposed people on the Democratic Ticket here in Travis County. Mostly for Judges and Reps. I think everyone has resigned themselves to how this county is and just doesn't want to spend the campaign money. :banghead: :banghead:

I thought that most situations like that closed the business for that day. I think Hills was joking, but I understand :whistle:

The bar was open during the local elections last year, so I would be surprised if it is closed today. Besides, us hillbillies are drunk all the time anyways so what's the difference!! :laugh:

walked right up the id people got the ballot and walked straight over to the thingy and did my thing:thumbsup:

Since we NOW have TWO YEARS of listening to these guys (plus spending over a BILLLION) , I think we should have and ELECTION MONTH:laugh:. 30 days to decide which one we want AFTER listening to them for TWO YEARS ? Speaks loads about our Educational System :whistle:

The popular vote sure didnt matter much 4 years ago. I cant imagine why people would be frustrated with the system.

I've never seen as many people as I saw this morning at my polling place in Philadelphia! So, like I do every year, I waited until 6:30 pm this evening and walked right through.

It's great to see everyone pumped about the election! Vote!

Parked the Busa, took the lid and gloves off walking to door. Walked in, signed name, closed curtain, selected the correct people, opened curtain, said goodbye, put lid and gloves on on way to parking lot, rode away. :thumbsup:
It's all about the timing. :laugh:

I didn't have to wait at all either. In and out in a few minutes.:thumbsup:

Very small town local fire station was the polling place and according to the automated ballot counting box, at 12:30 PM, I was #709 to cast a ballot there.

I was the very first one in line. I got there at 5:30 am. After 6:30 am, there must have been over 100 people in the hallway. Most of them were staring at me because I was walking out the door at 7:05.:thumbsup:

Back