Seen at a local early voting station today

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Man, I wish I had video...

One of our employees just took his aging mother downtown to early vote (1st time she'd voted in years). Inside the voting station, standing in line was a large black woman, loudly exclamating "VOTE OBAMA!" repeatedly. He says none of the poll workers were doing or saying anything to stop this behavior. So happens they were all black also. Just an observation. Wish I'd been there it would have gone viral, especially when I told her she was violating election law and to STFU :)

wow, really...just the fact that she was doing that is disgusting enough I don’t care who she was voting for :banghead:

To set the record straight, I would feel the same way if it were anyone doing the same for Romney-Ryan. Outside, shout all you want, but once your cross the line, keep it to yourself.

I'm sure my post won't be popular, but honestly, what happened to free speech and just how many people do you think will walk in, hear her and rethink their decision while voting? :laugh:

My guess...not many...wouldn't bother me to have anyone up there stating who they like, yelling it out, dancing around with a t-shirt on. Who cares?? How is that any different from what everyone's doing HERE and in the myriad of political ads? :poke:

Keith I have to agree with Vabs. It's a non issue. If you're walking in to vote and still haven't made up your mind personally I don't think you should be able to vote. To walk in still possibly to be influenced at that point you're really not voting based on real info but instead more on emotion. Jmo.

I drove by the election board HQ here this morning and closest thing I can equate it to is Clint Eastwoods movie 'the Gauntlet'. You literally would have to pass buy 100s 'shooting' their opinions at you. You are correct that outside is ok but inside is not but does it really make a diff??

I just think this will be one of if not the closest elections in history. I can't wait. Took Wednesday old so I can stay up late and watch the show. I love this kind of stuff. No matter who wins I'm just happy to be able to have a say in our future. Think about the millions if not billions who dream of being able to vote. We are truly lucky to live in this blessed land. No matter what I will always be proud to be an American.
No matter who wins he will still be our CIC and I will respect the man and position.

May God forever bless this country with his grace.

I like that you mentioned this Saiid - respect the position...I'm not a fan of any recent administrations, but I do respect the position because when WE as a country don't unite on that front, we fail miserably and continue to expand the divide within our country... :2cents:

I'm sure my post won't be popular, but honestly, what happened to free speech and just how many people do you think will walk in, hear her and rethink their decision while voting? :laugh:
hopefully all that hear her running her mouth.....:please: cheerleaders are for sporting events, not voting polls. its not only disruptive its illegal. there is a time and place to support ur candidate. thats not the time or the place. its far from a non issue.

the last thing people want while deciding who to vote for is some heated argument at the voting poll over who is the better choice. Ive seen it happen numerous times and people get so heated at election polls that fights often break out and they often hire cops to keep the peace. its not a 1st ammendment issue. the 1st ammendment doesnt give you the right to say whatever you want wherever you want.

hopefully all that hear her running her mouth.....:please: cheerleaders are for sporting events, not voting polls. its not only disruptive its illegal. there is a time and place to support ur candidate. thats not the time or the place. its far from a non issue.

the last thing people want while deciding who to vote for is some heated argument at the voting poll over who is the better choice. Ive seen it happen numerous times and people get so heated at election polls that fights often break out and they often hire cops to keep the peace. its not a 1st ammendment issue. the 1st ammendment doesnt give you the right to say whatever you want wherever you want.

I get that, and while I understand it's illegal, it's pretty silly if you sit back and think about it. The only reason it's likely illegal is to discourage riots, to be quite honest...does anyone really ever go in thinking "Damn, I just saw a sign just as I walked in for the other guy...perhaps I should rethink this!" or "Hey, that insane woman screaming to the top of her lungs may have a point!" No, you don't...it's disruptive, and silly, but in the end, IMHO, it is free speech and according to so many insane landmark cases revolving around the 1st ammendment (let's talk about the wackos with the Westboro Baptist Church), I think what this lady was doing was, at most, annoying...there are far worst crimes against humanity in our country :whistle:

While its loud and annoying is it any different than someone wearing a Obama tshirt or a Romney button when they go vote. ?

While its loud and annoying is it any different than someone wearing a Obama tshirt or a Romney button when they go vote. ?

It's not really...only to those that find every reason to be forever "offended" by what others are doing. It's called filtering people...learn to use it :laugh:

I get that, and while I understand it's illegal, it's pretty silly if you sit back and think about it. The only reason it's likely illegal is to discourage riots, to be quite honest...does anyone really ever go in thinking "Damn, I just saw a sign just as I walked in for the other guy...perhaps I should rethink this!" or "Hey, that insane woman screaming to the top of her lungs may have a point!" No, you don't...it's disruptive, and silly, but in the end, IMHO, it is free speech and according to so many insane landmark cases revolving around the 1st ammendment (let's talk about the wackos with the Westboro Baptist Church), I think what this lady was doing was, at most, annoying...there are far worst crimes against humanity in our country :whistle:
I highly doubt anyone is going to change their mind cause some woman is ranting about who they shud vote for.

but what happens when Romney supporters show up and starts doing the same? then more Obama supporters show up and do the same and more Romney supporters show up.....etc. it happens trust me ive seen it and all it does is creat a hostile environment for those simply wanting to go vote for their candidate in peace without some wacko saying "Vote for Obama:cheerleader:" or "Vote for Romeny".

its not a free speech issue. nor would it be a free speech issue to walk into a classroom where people are trying to take the SAT exam and start ranting about what college everyone in there should be attending. its illegal for a reason. and for many that reason is they feel intimidated by people screaming in their face who they should vote for.

ur right what she is doing was annoying and there are far worse things people could be doing but thats not really the point.

I highly doubt anyone is going to change their mind cause some woman is ranting about who they shud vote for.

but what happens when Romney supporters show up and starts doing the same? then more Obama supporters show up and do the same and more Romney supporters show up.....etc. it happens trust me ive seen it and all it does is creat a hostile environment for those simply wanting to go vote for their candidate in peace without some wacko saying "Vote for Obama:cheerleader:" or "Vote for Romeny".

its not a free speech issue. nor would it be a free speech issue to walk into a classroom where people are trying to take the SAT exam and start ranting about what college everyone in there should be attending. its illegal for a reason. and for many that reason is they feel intimidated by people screaming in their face who they should vote for.

ur right what she is doing was annoying and there are far worse things people could be doing but thats not really the point.

I won't argue over the legality of it all...it is still silly, IMHO, that this is even a thread :laugh:

yea I guess there are more important things to worry about today like getting my POWER back:banghead: two st8 years ive lost power due to a storm and its goin on 4 days now. last year was 7 days.

skydivr, if it had been a lanky white guy screaming about voting for Obama, would you have posted this up? :rofl:

skydivr, if it had been a lanky white guy screaming about voting for Obama, would you have posted this up? :rofl:

ABSOLUTLEY VABS.

It may seem silly, but Federal Election Laws (which she violated) were put into place for a reason, mostly to protect the safety of the polling place staff. Just as she is wildly for Obama, others might disagree, and with all the emotions, it could quickly get out of hand. Think about the Black Panther voter intimidation from the last election. Jaw all you want outside, but once you cross that line it stops.

I honestly wouldn't have cared if I'd seen her...wait, no, I lied...I'd video tape her and submit it to the people if walmart site for some great fodder :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Back