Zx-14 las vegas press introduction

those times were at 3500 feet....anyone know what those numbers would "correct" out to at sea level?
The times were corrected before printing  
biggrin.gif
I'm reading wrong then, he states a couple times that the times were at 3500 feet.
here is the sole pic of the event...incase you missed it!

Looks like factory Kawi guys doin "their thing"

teamgreen.jpg
The fact they're Kwaqboyz means if the bike landed between their legs, there's nothing there to be injured.

I'm no expert, but I know that top speed varies quite a bit, even with an unbelievable ET. Maybe our 1/4 mile experts can explain. And while the 'Busa is king, I wouldn't exactly cry if I had to own the ZX-14.
tounge.gif

Has any one checked Brock Davidson's review of the 14 Press introduction??
10.18 was the best that the Brock group did and 9.92 was the time that Mr. Gadson recorderd at a TS of 144. I think these were almost the exact numbers turned at the zx-12 intro. What the hell is going on?
rock.gif
Does Kawasaki not know how to make a Busa killer?? They are sure as hell bragging a lot !! To be honest with you guys, I have already paid for a zx-14, but I think I am going to ask for my money back. Darn 1000's are turning a higher TS than that.
and Brock also stated he didn't know how to ride like he used to. get yer crap straight idiot.

go 14.. give the posers something else to ride..

my next bike is gonna be somethign completely anti-poser.. I dunno what it's gonna be yet.. but it's not going to be a popular wannabe bike like the 'busa.

a duc.. no.. that could possibly be worse.. "Look at me.. i'm a poser *with money) .. an aprilia... maybe!  most of the poser/wannabe's don't even know what they are so that might work.

big 4 liters..  out due to squid magnets attached to the seat...  ditto the 600's... maybe a gsxr750 painted flat black.

oh wait.. i'm being an ass again.   My apologies to every person that reads this thread who finds a way to take offense.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I would still prefer the busa even if the 13.5 was 2 sec. better in the 1/4 mile.

I don't care what king of numbers that thing puts out. I bought my busa for the way it looks and the comfort not because of how fast it was or what everyone thinought about it.

Like women...you can make any bike faster with some quick thinking and ingenuity but...there ain't a damn thing you can do about "ugly" but...run...and don't look back...as imnsho?...the ZX-14 is the Medusa of bikes.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

And, at the end of the day....all ya got is a kawasaki....run of the mill.....ugly old.....kawasaki.

go 14.. give the posers something else to ride..

my next bike is gonna be somethign completely anti-poser.. I dunno what it's gonna be yet.. but it's not going to be a popular wannabe bike like the 'busa.

a duc.. no.. that could possibly be worse.. "Look at me.. i'm a poser *with money) .. an aprilia... maybe!  most of the poser/wannabe's don't even know what they are so that might work.

big 4 liters..  out due to squid magnets attached to the seat...  ditto the 600's... maybe a gsxr750 painted flat black.

oh wait.. i'm being an ass again.   My apologies to every person that reads this thread who finds a way to take offense.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
Perfect 2nd bike would be a RG 500 Gamma - nothing says anit-poser like 1980's styling in 500cc two-stroke with a kick start. 338lbs and 95hp (with mods (carbs, ignition mod, airbox, pipes, etc) you can get 115-120ish) with a powerband that feels like being ####-slapped by god himself and a fog of blue smoke that will suffocate every environmentalists within a 20 mile radius.

Then you can go out and hand the 600 poser's their ass on your 1980's 500cc bike. When you sell it you will get most of your money out of it. Problem solved. hehe.

That or just bolt a turbo on something ridiculous and make sure its has a faring that you can hide the turbo with.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Holy crap people! Mellow out on the new guy..would ya?

He plainly said in his first post that he wasn't impressed!
Nothing in that post screamed "squid" to me.

Face the facts; Do you really think that Kawi would spend the $ on R&D and all the hype to build a bike that would be second best?

Get real. The ZX14 is gonna have more poop than the Bus. Period. Live with it.

If for some reason it falls short...someone will make one that does not.

All we do when we piss and moan about the 14 is make ourselves look like a bunch of whiney brats.

The 14 is not my cup of tea. I LOVE my Busa. If I need more power, I'll choose from the vast array of mods available for my machine.

But I still respect the 14. I am a motorcycle enthusiast. Yea, I own a Hayabusa and love it. But I love anything on 2 wheels.

My God. Stop all the "busa is king, and no other bike can compare" BS. It's just a freakin motorcycle for Gods sake!

We are all here because we love our ride. Lets just try to be adults and keep a realistic outlook.

OK, rant over.

Back