X Box 360 or PS3....which is better ??

PS3 all the way..

It can play most media (movie) formats... so what I do is network my PS3 to my 3 computers and i can stream movies downloaded to my PC on my TV, 3 rooms away.
Also, its a blueray players, it has better games, and the sony network online is actually pretty good.

I will never get an xbox.

You can do the same thing with the 360, minus the web browsing. Movies, music, and pictures can all be streamed from PC to 360. I do it all the time.

360 is guaranteed to break. Everybody I know with one has gone through at least 2 of them and are on their 3rd one. They are cheaper but you have to pay to play online. PS3 is free. Blu Ray player. I had this same fight with myself about a year ago. And you don't need Halo. Just get Call of Duty.

Not true. The older models, yes. But if he's buying a new one, they've fixed the issues with it. If he buys an older one it's under a special extended warranty program because Microsoft is aware of the issues with them and will send a brand new console for free. I bought one used, the warranty had run out, but they still replaced it free of charge. Not repaired, replaced with a brand new unit. Call of Duty is a good game, but Halo is better.

Forza is sooo much better. And the 360 also has 1080p.

ill have to dissagree there,just always played GT and am a real fan,i have played forza when it first came out and didnt enjoy it that much.havnt played a latest edition as i dont have a 360 but im sure its better than the one i played

Uncharted 2 on PS3. They will need nothing else...Until they finish that game. It's like playing an interactive movie. The whole game is so smooth and detailed.

ill have to dissagree there,just always played GT and am a real fan,i have played forza when it first came out and didnt enjoy it that much.havnt played a latest edition as i dont have a 360 but im sure its better than the one i played

It is. By far. The first one was pretty good, but 2 was way better than 1 and I'm sure 3 is going to be even better. I played GT2 religiously on the PS, and played 3 on the PS2, but for me, forza takes the cake. They're both good, but I like forza better. This thread is kinda like an oil thread. It's mainly about personal preference and brand loyalty. Both systems are good systems, but based on playing both, I just like the 360 better.

Also, I may be wrong about something I said a few posts back. It may not be possible to get a bluray for the 360. That was based off a statement a friend of mine made. He said he had read in a gaming mag that Microsoft came out with a bluray player, but I've been looking for it for a few minutes and I can't find one. So that would require some more research. Don't take my word for it.

Are you going to let them play "Online" with it? If so,which one does their friends have?

id say PS3,great games in 1080p.built in blueray player and free online gaming besides PS3 has grand turismo :poke:

Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed for an eternity. Recently it was pushed back to early next year. Sure they have Gran Turismo Prologue but all that is is a glorified demo of GT5.

I have both and both are great, but I prefer my 360. I think the online experience is much better on 360 at the moment. Pretty much all I use my PS3 for anymore is blu-rays.

Also, I may be wrong about something I said a few posts back. It may not be possible to get a bluray for the 360. That was based off a statement a friend of mine made. He said he had read in a gaming mag that Microsoft came out with a bluray player, but I've been looking for it for a few minutes and I can't find one. So that would require some more research. Don't take my word for it.

Nope no Bluray at the moment for 360 unfortunately. But its kind of a moot point at this point in time, being that you can get a bluray player for under $100 at Walmart now anyway IMO.

My issue with the 360...not enough cheats/codes! I know, I know...you're not spoda cheat but dude! seriously...after I take a freaking beatdown and keep dyin in the same freaking spot...I wanna load an "infinite lives/ammo/skip level"...something! Not happening with XBox...:banghead:

I gave up on Halo-3 after those freakin band of grunt boss dudes that look like big gorilla's with armor - kept "allowing" me to repeat that section of the game for like a whole week! :laugh:

and trust me....all my friends have told me how they know 4 year old kids that beat the game the first night!:lol:

There are codes with some games on Xbox, but not to the extent of what you will find for PS games...if you or your kids are the type to get frustrated easily, goooooo PS!

BTW - I have an XBox 360 and do not have a PS3. I have a PS2 and base my experience off that comparison.

Now go ahead fellers, tell me how much of a punk I am cause I can't get through Halo! :laugh: All my other friends do!:rofl:

I have the Xbox 360 aka the Shooter Box. I don't hear my PS3 buddys talking about the great time they had playing with friends all over the world.

I also like to point out if you have netflix already you just enable that function and start watching.

One other thing to consider, Game developers are realizing people are not normaly going to buy a system for one franchise. They are now making games that cross the console lines. The some big exceptions are Metal Grear (ps3), Halo (xbox)

If you do get the xbox get one with a large hard drive right off the bat. It will save some headaches latter on.

I do agree, Busa or ZX 1400 just depends what you are looking for.

If you get a Xbox PM me I will play halo you and your kids I am Nervous Chipmunk.

I beat Halo 3 the day I got it...I was rather disapointed. :whistle:

I have both the PS3, Xbox 360 and a couple of gaming PC's for when I don't feel like "paying" for games. I am on my 4th Xbox with the red ring of death, and my first PS3. Despite that, I pick the Xbox 360 hands down for online gaming, and general bad assness. PS3 seems to look better with sports games though. As for the paid online gaming with Xbox, you get what you pay for. They are obligated to keep updates current and keep things up and running. When you have free isht...PS3, you are at their mercy as far as updates and firmware additions. I only bought my PS3 for the blueray, MGS4, Final Fantasy and the upcoming GT5. All in all unless you are getting the PS3 for damn near free, the Xbox is the better purchase...in my opinion. :beerchug:

Go with the Xbox360. Like the guys mentioned before; it has better games (if you like "Shoot him in the face!" games), it has a plethora of online features, not the least of which includes wireless networking with a media center pc if you buy the $25 wireless transmitter, so you can watch movies right on the TV. It can also hook into netflix, if you have an account and stream directly to the console, I think I used it more for that than anything else, except on halo and beer night.

Also; about the blu-ray thing, Years ago they offered 360's with an HD-DVD drive, which kinda burned MS when it went under, I'm not sure how eager they are to go to a new platform, though bluray discs could make for much more in-depth games because of the space. Its worth thinking about.

I beat Halo 3 the day I got it...I was rather disapointed. :whistle:

Halo 3 wasn't made for the campaign. It was obviously more geared for online play. The Halo 1 campaign is by far the longest. It's been so long since I played the Halo 2 campaign that I don't really know which is BETTER between 1 and 2, but 1 is definitely longer.

PS3....Free online gaming.....great games....blue ray playing is first class.

I've owned both and a Wii, PS3 all the way.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is. By far. The first one was pretty good, but 2 was way better than 1 and I'm sure 3 is going to be even better. I played GT2 religiously on the PS, and played 3 on the PS2, but for me, forza takes the cake. They're both good, but I like forza better. This thread is kinda like an oil thread. It's mainly about personal preference and brand loyalty. Both systems are good systems, but based on playing both, I just like the 360 better.

:beerchug:

ive played both, and both are really nice, and have their own positives and negatives. but for me, since i play ALOT of multiplayer part of the games, the XBOX is better. yes, you do have to pay $50 a year for LIVE, but u can SO tell the difference between xbox's and ps3's online experience. u can tell the xbox servers are kept up to date and its super rare to have any "issues". plus finding a game is ALOT quicker, plus the chat is easier to do as well. the ps3, imo, their online is just slow and sucks when trying to find a game (usually have to wait a few mins) and the chats arent as easy to set up.

I do home theater installations and the like for a living...pretty much all of my customers(some really damn rich ones) always have the ps3 and want me to hook it up to there surround sound and 112 inch screened theaters.....they do make a usb dongle so you can get it to work with a real remote too....not a big fan ox xbox as just like windows these machines are known to crash too...

btw not only does it play blue ray, but it actually loads them the fastest..even faster then an actual dedicated blue ray player...so u dont have to wait 3 damn minutes for the menu screen to come up

Last edited:
Back