X Box 360 or PS3....which is better ??

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
Starting Xmas shopping for my boys and they're arguing about which is better....can anyone help?? :banghead: They're bored with the old PS2 and the Nintendo Wii excitement didn't last long either....so which is better?

That's kind of like asking is the busa better than kaw 14.

I personally like both of them about the same but I own a 360 because I like FPS (First Point Shooting) games.

The Xbox has a better movie, arcade, and other online features. The game selection for what I like is way better.

The playstation 3 has a built in Blue Ray player and has internet access. If you have a PSP there's some cool stuff you can do with both of them together. PS3 has some good RPG (Roll Playing Games) but I don't really like those games.

Not really answering your question but hopefully giving you some good information.

Thanks for the info Nick ....those are the exact things I'm looking for! :beerchug:

PS3 all the way..

It can play most media (movie) formats... so what I do is network my PS3 to my 3 computers and i can stream movies downloaded to my PC on my TV, 3 rooms away.
Also, its a blueray players, it has better games, and the sony network online is actually pretty good.

I will never get an xbox.

Hate to say this but I have all 3 systems and the Xbox is far superior. It does all the things that Tony says the PS3 does except browse the internet and play Blueray movies. I have 3 360's if that tells you anything.

Find out which games the boys want to play. Some games are made for both,but some aren't.

In the End they will be happy with either one. :beerchug:

The only bonus top the PS3 over the 360 is the blue-ray, which i'm sure X-box will cover soon enough. 360 all the way!!!!! Don't care for alot of the formats of the games on the PS3. My brother bought a PS3 also, bought an azz load of games and now seriously regrets it. That in mind, my brother literally owns at last count over $12,000.00 in gaming equipment. You could say he has a slight addiction. Oh yeah, he has 3 360's also and uses them with online gaming.

For FPS, Xbox360 can't be beat. It doesn't have blue-ray (yet), but I live on my xbox. The thing went through hell and back in Iraq dust storms, so it is pretty durable too. But like said about, see what your sons are into. I like sports/shooter/racing.

In the end..what system did Halo go with? haha that alone made it worth it when it came out! :moon:

For pure gaming purposes, Xbox wins hands down. As stated by other members game selection is much better for the 360. If you plan on using it as a blu ray/dvd player, the ps3 is the way to go. It has one, if not the best, blu ray players in that price range. Another upside to the ps3 is online gaming is free, where xbox requires a paid subscription. I think you get a 6 or 12 month free card with the system, but after that it is an out of pocket expense. Just some things to take in to consideration before choosing. I only own a ps3 as I don't play games as much as I used to and was more interested in the blu ray, but have friends with a 360.

I have all three......let me begin with how great the xbox 360 online play is....amazing to say the least...down fall is you have to pay for it where the ps3 is free and getting better. xbox controllers are way better in my opinion ps3 are very light and have "trigger" style buttons which are a headache some times...xbox down fall you have to buy batteries non stop or buy the rechargable ones where the ps3 comes with it. Movies HD-DVD BUSTED as we all know so ps3 Blu-ray hands down. also the ps3 just took a big price break and word on the street is that they are coming out with a 200 or 300 gb hard drive here really soon maybe by holiday time. the ps3 also got a new slim look as well. I really like the ps3 and want it to pull through truth of the matter the xbox wins this round. My only tiff with the 360 is you have to pay for EVERYTHING where the ps3 is pretty much plug and play for the sticker price

XBOX all the way !!!!! And why? They both are very good systems but theres 1 thing PS3 dont got. That my friend is HALO and the mastercheif. Thats the only reason you need :bowdown:

360 is guaranteed to break. Everybody I know with one has gone through at least 2 of them and are on their 3rd one. They are cheaper but you have to pay to play online. PS3 is free. Blu Ray player. I had this same fight with myself about a year ago. And you don't need Halo. Just get Call of Duty.

I go for the PS3...if you wait till March (I know you're looking for Christmas) they are supposed to come out with the PS4 which will be in 3D~!~

Pros
Brand new 3D gaming system - awesum~!!~ :thumbsup:

Cons
Never released on time
Hard to get when first released
Will probably cost about $800 the first year of release
Accessory packs with glasses are about $120 each

BUUUUUUT ---- Brand new 3D gaming system - awesum~!!~ :thumbsup:

PS3 is a much better system and is also one of the best blu-ray players on the market.
The disadvantage is there aren't anywhere near the number of games out for it.

The XBOX360 is more like a traditional computer, therefore games can easily be ported and/or developed for it.

The PS3 utilizes a cell processor and games have to be developed from the ground up which is extremely costly both in time and money for a company.

So, the PS3 doesn't have anywhere near the number of games out for it.

once again its all about gaming..what games do you play

I personally HATE!! first person shoots on a console (PC, i can rock them)... but for my gaming style, ill go with play station. I tend to stick with the fighting games or RPGs.
That is why I went with a PS3... and the blu-ray is a HUGE perk.

id say PS3,great games in 1080p.built in blueray player and free online gaming besides PS3 has grand turismo :poke:

Everyone saying that the 360 doesn't have bluray is wrong. It doesn't have it built in, but you can get bluray players for the 360. Its 2 graphics cards are both individually stronger than the single one in the PS3. The controller is far more comfortable and has a much better button layout. The game selection is better on the 360. Most games are available on both, but the ones that are only available for one or the other are better for the 360. Don't get me wrong, I like the PS3 and I like that online play is free, but a 14 month subscription to xbox live is only $50 (which comes out to $4.15 a month). I've played both, and of the 2 the 360's graphics are better. I had an original playstation and really liked it, but unfortunately Sony has been dragging behind ever since the release of the first xbox.

Back