MotoGP 08 PS3 game quick review

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
MotoGP 08 HiDef cycle racing on the PS3. This game got medium reviews from the mags and online sites. Yeah... um... .I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with them there.... yeah. I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10 and here's why:

1. it's in high def on a large HD screen. Looks great! I've played all the PC versions, had some seat time on an XBOX version, and this HD PS3 version looks just fine. It's 720P, not 1080P or I, but it's visually great.

2. the control is not as good as some other versions, but it plays just fine after you get used to it. I espeically like the way the bikes wiggle and pitch coming out of corners and landing bad wheelies and such

3. It's got the tracks, the riders, the bikes you want

If you compare this game to previous versions, it might be lacking some stuff, but on it's own, it is fun to play and has more than enough junk for the armchair racer boy.

Why did I like it? Well, I have been on about 5 different race tracks around the midwest, and this game reminds me of actual track riding. First thing I did was to pull up the Indianapolis track and do a 23 lap race with the best of the best. Having shut off ALL the "HUD" info, after a few laps of getting used to the quirky controls, I was transported onto that track and zoned into the feeling of actaully being there, and racing right up with Nicky and the rest. Then I jumped onto Sepang track where I have spent most of my PC racing life on the demo, and it was wonderful - again, transported to Malyasia or whereever that track was, turning laps on a killer bike. Lastly I jumped online to see who was doing what and joined a race with 5 other guys who all seemed to be interested in racing and not just crashing into each other. This particular online race was set to FULL SIMULATION MODE. so after we all slid off and tumbled on the first turn, we slowed down and did it right. I was inches off another guy for a few turns it was heaven.

So, yeah, it's boring old race tracks, and the control is not as smooth as the PC version, it looks great to me, felt fine after spending time LEARNING the controls.

At $60 it's pretty pricey compared to previous versions, but if you have a PS3 [X360 or Wii too I think], it's a decent version and the HiDef aspect made it all that much better to me

If you have HiDef and love racign games, it's worth it. BUT there is a spin off game called World Super Bike coming in February that is about half this price maybe if you wanna wait. Same company makes it too
MotoGP08_E3_15_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

They are supposed to be coming out with a Wii version of it too and I am wringing my hands for that! The Wii Nunchuk and Wiimote ought to let you ride just like a real bike (more or less). Haven't seen a review of this version yet though.

i have the game and the online play is a blast! i suck as of right now but winter is here and i'll have plenty of practice.:laugh:

i have the game and the online play is a blast! i suck as of right now but winter is here and i'll have plenty of practice.:laugh:

I tried online last night and played with "Mojobusa" was that you? my online is wwwjd

I have 07 on the 360 and it was ok racing games get boring to me after a couple of races so I consider racing games renters

I tried online last night and played with "Mojobusa" was that you? my online is wwwjd
no, i usually pop on around 9pm eastern and my screen name is gizzm69. yeah, i know immature but so are video games.:laugh: i'll try to hit it tonight or tomorrow.

bummer I can't get on tonight or tomorrow. I'm one of those random players

I am a big fan of playstation 3 but i can not afford playstation 3 . I have a PC that can Run latest games so i would like to know Can we download ps3 games on pc ? if yes Can we run on it ?
Thank you for your reply

I have tried those motorcycle games but I can't seem to get my recliner to lean far enough over to make it through the corners :laugh:

Have had GP 08 for months. Like it but have only managed to finish a best of 22nd in the 125 cc class. Set on simulation and hard level.:banghead:

we slowed down and did it right. I was inches off another guy for a few turns it was heaven.
:banghead:

just sayin, that's all...:whistle:

lol, couldn't help it. good review, the motogp games are usually pretty cool.

This is a great game. I have it for the xBox 360 and have it hooked up to my 58" plasma HD TV and it is visually amazing. Bike handling characteristics are the best of the Motorcycling games I have tried (had MotoGP 06 and 07). I use simulation, manual gear shifting and the bike handling really seems like you are riding the real thing!
Excellent for "learning" the lines on tracks.
There are some issues with online gaming with this game compared to previous versions, but because of its realistic graphics and handling, I find it the best motorcycle racing game so far. MotoGP 09/10 is due to come out in Mar of 2010 and Capcom has gone with a different company (Monumental I believe) so the handling may change. I really hope it does not too much as it is very good currently.

Rumble

i thought about picking this up for my ps3 but went with a new classic... tekken 6 :p

ill be sure to pick this up next.

Back