X Box 360 or PS3....which is better ??

There isn't really a "best" it's about what you want. You can drink in the Xbox coolaid being served, or you can simply go out there, find out which system has the games you want and proceed.

Me, I'm all about Gran Turismo so I don't own either but will buy a PS3 once GT5 is released. There simply isn't anything to compare Grand Turismo to on the Xbox and I cannot play 1st person shooters with a game controller so no Xbox for me yet either.

So, a clever man will place all the "XBOX RULES" crap in the hopper right next to the "PS3 RULES" crap realize that there are pluses and minuses to both and that 90% of those voicing strong preferences one way or another most likely don't own both, and their "opinions" are more conjecture, hearsay, bias, and the standard "I own it so I know better" BS. :thumbsup:

Now go forth, do some reading, mess with both, and then decide, just like anything else in life.

I'm glad that I fall into the 10% that does know what the he!! I'm talking about....

Not true. The older models, yes. But if he's buying a new one, they've fixed the issues with it. If he buys an older one it's under a special extended warranty program because Microsoft is aware of the issues with them and will send a brand new console for free. I bought one used, the warranty had run out, but they still replaced it free of charge. Not repaired, replaced with a brand new unit. Call of Duty is a good game, but Halo is better.[/QUOTE]

What did you tell them for them to give you a free one? They were gonna charge me $100. I was pissed so I hang up. I like xbox360 but I'm disappointed in the used one I bought back in December. It's an older model from 2006z

had a nintendo wii xbox xbox360 ps2 and ps3 all together kept the ps3 it also keeps my 2year old entertained while im busy with the bike. i play on the net with friends so y pay for internet and have to pay again to play on the internet plus if a new game comes out sometimes u have options to just order it and download it to the system than going to a store just my 2cents

i bought a PS3 simply for the bluray that is upgradable via downloads,,,

the fact that i can occupy myself with games from time to time is the bonus as i am not a gamer

Ill put my .02 in on this one. Xbox has some good titles PS has some good titles. Like others stated previously buy the system that you are wanting to play the games that system is geared towards.

Me personally I bought my PS3 for the backward compatibility of the other PS systems. I am not a FPS person and ultimately I am a HUGE FF fan. Originally PS3 only but they changed their minds and put it out for both. I don't really see the what the all the hype about halo is.. its a glorified remade Contra for all purposes.

I have enjoyed games on both systems but the PS is just more along the lines of what I personally want. You need to review the games that each allows, look for the style your kids enjoy that you will allow, and decide from there.

Back