WTF..Motorcyclist charge for video

Look what they do to drunk black guys in Vermont on New Year's Eve.

- Rutland Cop Caught Abusing Detainees[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know the outcome, technically all he had to do was say his camera was on??? I don't get it... Should not have been charged for having a working camera, that's laughable, should be charged for traffic violations...

It wasn't the recording that landed him in trouble, it was the public airing of the recording.

Felony stops include having your weapon drawn. Ask any cop.

I don't know about in Mayland, but in Missouri a traffic violation, even 50+ over and wreckless driving, is not a fellony or a capital offense. Seems like the guy was pumped on adrenalyn from following the guy at tripple digit speeds in a civilian vehicle.

Right, but wasn't he evading the officer?

SB74 - Creates Crime of Evading a Peace Officer

Clause 5) commits three or more traffic offenses while evading the officer;

I'm not sure how it was perceived, I'm just saying that at some point it's likely he was considered a felony stop.

I couldn't find anything on Maryland's law.

Last edited:
I think this is complete BS... yeah every LEO has a camera mounted on their dash to record us...but when it's flipped and we record them they throw a hissy fit??

if he knew there was a marked car behind him, why did he draw his weapon. Where was he gonna go, he was boxed in. Unnecessary use of force.

@ Vonderbach: it wasn't a felony stop pay attention to the video. it was a ROUTINE stop for speeding. The felony didn't come out till the video was on you tube...

It wasn't the recording that landed him in trouble, it was the public airing of the recording.

Yeah, that's my take too...sorry, but I have to agree, guy shouldn't have posted it up for public viewing. Doesn't bother me that he was busted for it...

Yeah, that's my take too...sorry, but I have to agree, guy shouldn't have posted it up for public viewing. Doesn't bother me that he was busted for it...

But what is the difference between this or the other cell phone video all over the news in MD from the cops walking up to and then beating up the kid after the Maryland Duke game?

Somebody posted it and it made it's way to the local news, bad part for the cops they had already submitted the lies about it saying the kid struck a officer and a horse and his split skull came from the horse kicking him

@ Vonderbach: it wasn't a felony stop pay attention to the video. it was a ROUTINE stop for speeding. The felony didn't come out till the video was on you tube...

I did watch the video and I also saw him popping a wheelie in addition to speeding. You're not privy to the entire video as it was obviously cut short. As mentioned above, in Missouri 3 violations is a felony. It is not much of a leap to assume that similar laws exist in Maryland. Felony traffic stops don't necessarily require the offender to have a record. He can commit a felony in the presence of the undercover which would absolutely warrant the use of a firearm.

Since neither of us knows the complete story, it's not really something we can determine for certain.

But what is the difference between this or the other cell phone video all over the news in MD from the cops walking up to and then beating up the kid after the Maryland Duke game?

Somebody posted it and it made it's way to the local news, bad part for the cops they had already submitted the lies about it saying the kid struck a officer and a horse and his split skull came from the horse kicking him

I guess with the way the world is now, pretty much anything and everything you do is scrutinized. Guys that post up video of them doing illegal activities then being busted for said activity shouldn't complain. This cop could have been off duty, under cover, whatever...I just think the sign of the times is that if you post up every bit of your life (and others in the process, unknowingly) expect consequences.

Well all I can say is I don't really care for any of the cops I've ever meet, but generally even those under cover cars have some kind of LEDs that flash so you know your busted

but if the guys stoped already is there a real need to have a gun out?

Won't your badge showing your a cop be enough?

even after you seen the cruiser, and wasnt making an attempt to pull over,

good luck defending that one.:whistle:

I didn't see the cruiser in the video the first time, but....

If a four door sedan with dark tinted windows pulls up aggressively beside me, I would naturally be "on alert".

Then, I see the door open and the occupant of said car starts to get out,..I would be thinking "oh, crap this ain't good"

Then, I see the occupant pulling a gun and advancing toward me, I'm probably dropping the hammer (striker actually) on the first of two rounds.

As far as defence, I don't know a person of "ordinary firmness" that wouldn't be in fear for their life under those circumstances.

The FIRST THING OUT OF THE OFFICERS MOUTH SHOULD ALWAYS BE, "POLICE". Identification is paramount to avoiding serious misunderstandings.

Chris

The cop was 100% in the RIGHT for what he did. This is all in my opinion, but around here the unmarked cop cars are pretty easy to spot and with the way this guy checks his mirrors serveral times for lengthy amounts of time I would say he knew an unmarked cop was coming up on him, thats aslo the reason he darted over for the exit. Compare his merging in the beginning to the end, and then by completly turning around to look at the cop is another dead give away he knew. Also, if you look close he starts backing his bike up way before the cop gets out.
So from all of this the only thing the cop would know is, here is a bike speeding and doing a wheelie all while trying to evade the police. Now it may just be me but for someone to do that I would think they are running from something and very well could be armed. If it were me I would have the gun pointed, the officer only had it out it was not to his ready position until he already had a hold of the bike, and if you pause it on 5 seconds it doesn't really look like his finger is even on the trigger. I think his intent was to scare the guy from running so he would stop, and with the traffic in the video if he ran I would also say the cop probably saved his life by doing so.
The guy posted the video hoping to get sympathy because the officer made him do something, the officer inforced the law and thats it no sympathy here.
About him taking 5 seconds to say he was state police, please give me a break, you do his job and go in the same situation see if you can even remember your name:poke:
The recording ticket is a little bogus but it should do nothing other than prove this man is a good officer and is doing his job. :beerchug: and :thumbsup: from me to the officer

Its astounding to see the vastly different interpretations of this video. There was no reason for the unidentified cop to pull his gun 3 minutes after the wheelie and speed blip. Its obvious the rider had no intention of fleeing after stopped.. I too would have backed up if I saw some random guy slowly exiting his car while brandishing a weapon. You never know what nutjob is going to start blowing people away. Maybe the rider heard about gang initiations too!

Last edited:
The police officer was not in the "right" by pulling his weapon. It was not a felony stop. Even if the guy riding the bike was running from the officer which he was not, it would not have been a felony stop. Fleeing and eluding in maryland is not a felony, speeding at 300mph is not a felony in maryland nor is riding a wheelie no matter at what speed. As stated earlier in this thread the officer did not announce that he was in fact a police officer which should have been the first thing he did instead of pulling out his weapon. There is no logical argument backing the police officer in this case, he needs to take responsibility for what he did and learn from his mistakes.

Maybe it's just me, but I am sure the cop's car is equipped with lights and a siren. Why wouldn't he activate the lights when he pulled up? ???

Double Standards piss me off.....the guy didnt get in trouble until he posted the vid on the net. but you can watch cops on TV 7 nites a week, showing idiots getting busted?
No doubt he was breaking the law and deserved to be ticketed. The police reaction to the posting of the video on the net shows their Guilt. The cop was wrong and he knew it.
embarassed the dept. and are trying to do damage control. I got pulled over by a state tropper doing triple digits, cept he didnt know how fast I was going. He was red faced and mad when he got out of the car, but he was professional, didnt cuss or lose his kewl, didnt pull his gun either......hummmmm

Back