News Story: Motorcyclist Clocked at 188mph Convicted

I highly doubt he will do two years in jail. I doubt he will do any jail time at all. depending on his criminal history he will likely get probabtion but maybe with all the press the judge will feel inclined to send him to jail for a few months. highly doubt it tho:whistle:

Oh, i think he'll get some jail time. Understand it wasnt' even his motorcycle; in the other thread someone said they knew him and he was trouble. Besides this happened in 09 took TWO YEARS to deal with?

The 205 mph in Minnesota the article references was clocked by a plane. The guy was riding an RC51 with slipons. And the conviction stuck.

Oh, i think he'll get some jail time. Understand it wasnt' even his motorcycle; in the other thread someone said they knew him and he was trouble. Besides this happened in 09 took TWO YEARS to deal with?
I hope ur right but I doubt u are. its very rare to see anyone do jail time for a traffic offense that didnt hurt or kill someone. evading the police may even be a felony there which makes it criminal but im sure its a class D felony and people just rarely do jail time for class D felonies these days.

the courts are overloaded and just very rarely put people in jail for running from the police even when in a stolen car. there just isnt the space in prison to house people for those type of crimes. you will see people go to jail for DUI but only after several convictions and even then its rare unless they caused serious property damage or bodily harm.

unless they have a prior criminal history judges sentence people by guidelines not media coverage and the MAXIMUM penalty for most misd. are a year. class D felonies usually 5 years max and thats usually with unique circumstances like death or injury.

if he did any time in jail before bailing out then that would already be time served on short sentence anyway. the speeding or reckless operation are misd. charges. people write bad checks all the time and they are all felonies but they rarely go to jail if its not a repeat offense.

I cant remember the last time someone did jail time around here for running from the police and not causing an accident or cause injury. this case is no different then thousands of others each year. its just his speed was higher then most bikes. if he was going 100 mph it would be a non story. its been sensationalized because of his speed not because of his actions.

a competent judge will fine him and give him probabion with some sort of community service and im sure a license suspension of a year or longer. or maybe he will shock me and send his ass to jail.

just about everyone here has riden their busa at speeds that would surely make headlines if caught while a trooper was running radar. so he did it while running from the police. big deal. hardly deserves jail time imo.

The 205 mph in Minnesota the article references was clocked by a plane. The guy was riding an RC51 with slipons. And the conviction stuck.

I remember that.. Fastest RC51 EVER... (in my best Comic Book Guy voice..)

he has a history. he will get jail time for sure. He cant afford a good lawyer. lol.

Back