WTF..Motorcyclist charge for video

Im sure he would have got a busted nose coming up acting like hes going to grab my key before he said he was a cop.

he posted it on the net without consent. states have diff laws regarding whats needed to release media.

thats why hes in a bind now.

the main problem i have is the manner the unmarked leo conducted himself. dang near ran him over, cut him off, pulled his weapon, then about 4-5 sec later says state police. state police shouldve been the first words out of his mouth.

even though a cruiser is behind him, its fairly obvious its a cop that pulled in front of him.

Last edited:
Waiting 5 seconds is about 2 seconds too long (considering my draw and two shots on the bike is about 3 seconds).

Somebody pulls up getto style, opens the door and pulls a gun. Yep, I'm pretty sure I would be "in fear for my life" at that point.

Chris

Waiting 5 seconds is about 2 seconds too long (considering my draw and two shots on the bike is about 3 seconds).

Somebody pulls up getto style, opens the door and pulls a gun. Yep, I'm pretty sure I would be "in fear for my life" at that point.

Chris

even after you seen the cruiser, and wasnt making an attempt to pull over,

good luck defending that one.:whistle:

seems kind of bogus to me. I don't think the officer had any reason to have his weapon drawn. Guy deserved to be pulled over but from what I saw he definetly seemed to be in the compliant risk perception category.

Unlawfuly recording a police officer...heck i bet california wishes they had that law.

this same threads on an ok forum im on.

heres a post a guy made that read a lil on why its illegal...

There are 12 states where the consent of all parties is required to legally record audio. These laws were intended to protect the public's privacy (kind of an oxymoron, huh?). Unfortunately, like numerous laws, this one is being misapplied. An officer conducting law enforcement duties is an agent of the government. In Oklahoma, you cannot breach the "peace" of a LEO. The same rule should apply to recording a LEO in the performance of their duties. If their peace cannot be breached as a government agent, how can their privacy be breached? Regardless of whether this officer is off duty, he's acting in an official capacity during this video.

with that it seems to be pretty unconstituional to me, and a few others. should be able to record whatever you want, in public, its not like he hid the camera and etc.

also seems that if this guy would not have "bragged" about it by posting the whole vid on the net he wouldn't have this problem. its all his fault, no sympathy.

Last edited:
I call BS on the whole thing!
Why didnt the marked car and uniformed officer make the first move to the biker with the off duty serving as backup?

There is no "Reasonable expectation of privacy" on a highway exit ramp.

The bike made no move forward towards the unmarked cop, no need for a weapon to be drawn.

If the biker was so dangerous why was the marked car behind the bike and in the line of fire of the unmarked officer?

Just some things to think about, it all happened fast, but it seems many things werent done correctly IMO

I call BS on the whole thing!
Why didnt the marked car and uniformed officer make the first move to the biker with the off duty serving as backup?

There is no "Reasonable expectation of privacy" on a highway exit ramp.

The bike made no move forward towards the unmarked cop, no need for a weapon to be drawn.

If the biker was so dangerous why was the marked car behind the bike and in the line of fire of the unmarked officer?

Just some things to think about, it all happened fast, but it seems many things werent done correctly IMO

i agree. this video shouldve been shown in court, also i doubt any of the other new charges will stick. and i also doubt had the "improper" behavior not been on there nothing wouldve come of it.

bad publicity for leo = bad day for him

also the leo said, on the abc vid i believe, the weapon was drawn becuase he was backing up, like he was gonna run. if he ran he couldve ran him over. seems like a stretch, but like you said it all happens so fast.

SO the cops can record what we do, but we can't record them?

"Tyranny is when the government is allowed to do and have things that it's citizenry is not allowed."

I was talking to my brother about this (he is a cop). He watched the video and said that although the cop did not point his weapon at the rider, he did have it at an elevated position. Which he called the "ready" position. The police chief lied at the conference when he said the officer had his weapon down at his side the whole time. I wish the chief would give a reason for his officer not announcing that he was a police officer!

you guys are hilarious......

dude ran his bike at a high rate speed, wheelieing thru traffic....endangering others.

jumped off the freeway trying evade....and when the cop pulls in front him, he tries to back up and leave....

gun went back in the holster as soon as the bike was turned off....

the only thing funnier than everybody trying to defend this idiot...is the people thinking they would be able to draw on the cop before he and the cops int he cruiser filled you and your bike with lead....

Some guy coming at him with a gun drawn, and not knowing who he was, probably was the reason he was backing up.

Dont know if everyone saw the news about it, I didnt watch the link posted, I saw it aired on a different station. Like someone else said, he's a moron doing wheelies on 95, obviously the cop/s saw him. He wasnt locked up for reckless driving or whatever, he posted the video at the behest of his mommy (he said it on the news).

We pay these people (LEO) to do things and put themselves in situations we wouldnt want to be in. This isnt rural bum *&$% egypt, this happened around Baltimore, look up our crime/murder rate. This idiot is lucky he didnt get shot.

Dont know if everyone saw the news about it, I didnt watch the link posted, I saw it aired on a different station. Like someone else said, he's a moron doing wheelies on 95, obviously the cop/s saw him. He wasnt locked up for reckless driving or whatever, he posted the video at the behest of his mommy (he said it on the news).

We pay these people (LEO) to do things and put themselves in situations we wouldnt want to be in. This isnt rural bum *&$% egypt, this happened around Baltimore, look up our crime/murder rate. This idiot is lucky he didnt get shot.

I agree on this one, that dude was speeding for at least 4 miles up the road. He knew it was coming, one cruiser was behind him when he got on the off ramp. Dumbass plain and simple.

are you guys even serious right now?

the rider is guilty of speeding/operating on one wheel.

someone pulls up, unmarked, plain clothes, with a gun pointed at me, there is going to be static. the state trooper was 100% wrong by not announcing that he was law enforcement as his first act. he is undercover, what is that by design? you are supposed to blend into the general public. if he was in a marked car in uniform, this would be a moot point.

second point, he got out of the car with his gun out, and pointed it at the rider while aggressively moving towards him. the rider did nothing to antagonize except react as any other citizen would, he moved away from a threat of violence.

third point, if they prosecute, this country will have officially gone to hell. this is an extremely liberal use of law against citizen because the rider posted the video and the cop looks like a douchebag hiding behind a gun. the department is upset they did not look so good, so now theyre going to up the ante. he was not filming covertly. as stated above there is no privacy on a public road. if the police can film me without telling me, i sure as hell should be able to film them.

rodney king video changed the world (for the better? you decide.)
this new video of a student getting wailed on by 3 cops in riot gear w/o any provocation?

thats why they dont want to be filmed. those are 2 examples among thousands.

Back