Rider killed by driver painting nails!!!

This is incredible, sad, but I hope this lady gets the book tossed at her. She killed someone.

See I just don't understand had she been street racing there would be a push to have her hung. But chances are because "she just wasn't paying attention" she will probably walk.

???

That is heart breaking. At the very least this woman should be penalized with a gross amount of community service.

I sure wish we could have a week go by where we don't have a rider killed thread on this site. Drivers and riders need to wake up and pay attention to what is going on out there on our roadways. Stop running lights, painting your nails, playing with your phone or blackberry, eating your breakfast, looking at your laptop or reading a freakin book! Just focus on the road and try not to kill anybody today whether it is pedestrians, motorcyclists or bicyclists. I am just sick of this BS.:banghead:

I want to see the pic of the driver not the atty.Thats BS the news should be knocking on her door
KILL A BIKER GO TO JAIL

I travel through this area all the time myself...this is horrible, she should be charged with murder...
???

"No criminal charges have been filed against the driver responsible for striking and killing Zaffke, 56, who was a Lake Zurich resident."

THAT IS F-ING BS!!!!.... she can wipe the nail polish off her nails but she cant wipe the blood of her hands.... there is no way she can get away with that.

Very sad....another life tragedy for a motorcyclists. :down:

I'm not sure what the guidelines are for assessing charges but vehicular manslaughter should be considered for this woman. I'm sure her attorney is flipping out with the drivers confession of telling the police she was painting her nails. Had she not confessed this, there may have been a hundred other ways this could have gone. Prayers for Anita's family, the driver, stiffer laws for these types of accidents. :please:

One other thing about this kind of news are the chances of this being lumped into the cesspool of more reasons for the government to regulate the ownership of motorcycles. "Because there are more cars, more people who drive cars, motorcycles should be considered a traffic hazard." :poke:: The logic will be, of course, that there are more cars than motorcycles, motorcycles are not as neccesary as cars, and the greater population could be considered more successful as drivers if the chances of hitting a motorcycle were decreased by decreasing the number of motorcycles. :moon: And the BS continues, naturally, brought to you by our 'by the people, for the people' :unclesam: ......

At the very least, i would have expected negligent homicide. Looks like its okay to hit and kill a biker, as long as you're painting your nails while you do it. Fu*king disgusting.

Sad.......

post-6-44059-fallen_riderz.jpg

Back