wrongway driver sought woodlands, tx

craigntx

Registered
Accident
UPDATED: 3:50 pm CDT July 2, 2008

HOUSTON -- Police are searching for the driver of a vehicle who was involved in an accident with a motorcycle while traveling the wrong way on a northwest Houston freeway, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Justin Guy, 24, was riding his motorcycle on the Lake Woodlands overpass loop at Interstate 45 Thursday at 8:30 a.m. when a dark-colored Suburban entered the one-way ramp traveling the wrong direction.

Guy swerved to miss the driver, but hit the retaining wall and skidded at least 58 feet before hitting a tree, according to investigators.

He was hospitalized in critical condition and has been unconscious since the accident.

"He's been unresponsive and the only response he's had is to pain," said Chris Guy, the victim's mother.

"They had to have known they hit something and they kept going like it was no big deal," said Julissa Segovia, the victim's fiancee.

"We believe somebody has seen something," said Sgt. Tom Libby with the Oak Ridge Police Department.

Police said Guy was wearing protecting gear, including a helmet. His mother said he saved for years to buy his black 2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000.

Chris Guy said she would not feel peace until the driver who hurt her son is found.

"That would help my son when he recovers to forgive, to focus on a speedy recovery," she said.

Doctors said it could take weeks for Justin Guy to fully recover.

A fund has been established to help with Justin Guy's mounting medical bills. Donations can be made at Woodforest National Bank in The Woodlands.

Copyright 2008 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/16771914/detail.html

guns.gif

What kind of person (driver of Suburban) would do something like that?! Best wishes to Guy... Suburban Driver: get your house in order, Karma is a B*TCH when she comes knocking. And you can bet your soon to be sorry a*s she will be knocking. As in some culture would say, "A curse upon you and yours for generations to come. Barren your wife's womb, painful and wretched death to you and your elders that have yet to meet death, and many a sleepless nights until debt is paid in full [+ interest].".

Yeah that is really sad. I know Justin Guy and his family personally. His family lives
right behind me. His dads does service work on my bike It sucks big time to hit close to home.
To have this happen to a friend. Last time Justin and I talked he wanted to keep his bike
as a track bike only. He was really close to doing it. He had on his 2001 gsxr 1k,
a 2005 front end set up. And now this happens. He was just cruising, coming from the gym
it was 10am I believe when this happened.

Luckily a lady stopped and call 911, realized it was serious enough and Life Flight
was initiated. They say this is the reason he is alive today.

This happened thursday and he is still in ICU where they will keep him. Atleast at 1 point
I was told that machines themselves where keeping him alive, wasn't even in a coma. Just on
heavy meds. He suffers broken neck, traumatic brain injury, broken ribs puncturing lungs, both knees messed up,
doctors say they may have to take a leg from him. Boy I hope not. He is too you. I just hope
he pulls out of this REALLY quick. Can't stand the thought of my friend exiting this world.
Almost unreal feeling. We have a post over at Motohouston.com but I did not want to post one
here, not something I want to think about if you know what I mean.

I just hope and pray things turn for good.

Some people are just selfish and evil. I hope they catch this person and throw the book at them.

I hope they Find this FU.... FAST !! People that Exhibit this Type of Behavior and Get Away with it will ALLWAYS Repeat themselves !!!

Prayers SENT to the KID and His Family !!!!

[quote="¢Khandy"¢Rhed"¢Bhusa"¢ @ Jul. 03 2008, 5:37 AM]
his fiancee told me that he still has pneumonia, and squeezed hand last night
so that is a good sign right there.[/quote]
Thanks for the update. Prayers sent for him and his family.

That really sucks, hope the driver is caught. Prayers for the family & a speedy recovery.

They should put that jackazz in a room with that kids friends and families and let them do what they got to do. Prayers for him and his family

Here in Seattle they'd spin that story to be the motorcyclist's fault...."inconsiderate juvenile on a race-like bike would not yield to clearly visible person attempting to get home in his family vehicle..."

Back