Wow! Have you ever seen this?

The reweld .....

image-3658753028.jpg

image-3658753028.jpg

Dont ride that wielded like that!!!! It will not end up good. Not to mention aluminum does not respond well to heat and reheat like that. You guys have succeeded in weakening the whole swing arm that way.

Weld will probably be fine but unless it was welded in a jig I have no doubt it's warped all to hell. Stock arms can be found pretty cheap

Dont ride that wielded like that!!!! It will not end up good. Not to mention aluminum does not respond well to heat and reheat like that. You guys have succeeded in weakening the whole swing arm that way.

THIS!!! the metal fatigue is unmeasurable with the naked eye and like already said the ability to cut out warping is impossible without a jig. Buy a new one.....PLEASE DONT USE THAT!!!!

The weld may be strong but the surrrounding structure is not I assure you aluminum captures that heat like no other

that weld is bad news, to do this properly you would need to cut the the surrounding areas, grind, jig and weld. i wouldnt trust that. He would be better off getting another arm from fleaby or here maybe.

that said everyone check your stuff!!!

:poke: he should have machined the face of his weld to suit these fellas :agree: :laugh:

i would ride it if i did it, but i am a machinist and welder. so i guess

im with these fellers. :stoopid:

:whistle: i'd be askin my Friends for some help

Back