Help!!!....Installing extended swingarm!!!!!!!

Watch out for All the I wanna be a swingarm builders out there...Spend Quality Money Get Quality Work..

ConTayJis,post some pics

Last edited:
Ok i will try to later this week. I am not too familiar with everything on this site yet, so give me a little time and I will.

I know this is an old thread, but i haven`t read a solution to the problem of Leeiswho2b or ConTayJis, that is raising the tail with a GSXR600 swingarm.

I have 8 inch extended GSXR600 swingarm on my Busa and used the 600 knuckle but had to make my own links/dogbones for clearance.

A few pics :

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

With my own links i have just enough clearance between the shock and swingarm, but it`s low.
I`d like to raise the tail about 2 inches.
I`m wondering if a GSXR600 shock can give me more height then a stock Busa shock.

Pics of the bike now :

As you can see i have an 08 GSXR1000 tail on my Busa, that`s giving me even more clearance with my back tire, but i still want to raise it 2 inches.
Anyone got ideas ?

When you stretch a bike you really need to do suspension work. Think of lifting something. If you get a longer lever you can lift more right well that arm is a longer lever and it is overpowering your shock to beat hell. It needs to be resprung and valving can be off. and as far as using a no name ebay swingarm builder, it is your life in his hands. I have seen more than one arm break from that were bought from "some guy on ebay" Stick with the people you know, mac, velocity(rpm), adams, these guys are not making huge profits off of each arm it is because they are selling a quality product and their reputation.

Back