Help!!!....Installing extended swingarm!!!!!!!

I had an experience with a carolina powersports with a custom swing arm.(EBay slinger) ordered one off custom 12 over standard tire size (190) with NOS bracket. I received it a month later (I was told 10 days, so I paid in full up front. HUGE MISTAKE!) wht came was a 12 over 240 arm no NOS bracket powdercoating sucked big co-- barely covered on one side. Found out through numerous phone calls company was being sued with class action lawsuit for their Fu-k UPs, In delivery and some quality control. Main problem was person running outfit Ill leave his name out of this conversation. I talked to the fabricator by phone who actually did the building, and he made it right 2 times over. He sent me right swng arm, and the welds were so perfect everbody now asks where I got my swngarm. He told me to keep the 240 arm which I flipped for a real sweet deal, my arm was basically free other than the headaches of time and phonecalls and *****en. Im just wondering if your arm wasnt some overstock that this shister was slinging on cheesebay and he changed his name, because the MO sounds the same. They did have some fabrication issues that some of the customers on EBay were suing over. Mainly swingarms not fitting right. Luckly my deal worked out, hope the same for you. After my deal they dissappeared from EBay, as Carolina Powersports.???

I remember seeing some of their auctions.

Nothing for nothing, but you should have posted up here prior to buying that swingarm. You would not have got it from them and would not be going thru this chit....:whistle:

The money saved on the arm purchase is being eatin up by links modifications and etc. I would be thinking refund. With clearance issues and special links, these guys dont sound like they had jig to set up the fabrication process. I would be worried about future issues, (rubbing, etc.). They are not the only game in town, is it really worth it to fight the install process this much. This is just my 2 cents. I just feel your anxious as would I be and maybe rethinking the whole purchase thourgh these guys may be worth it.???

I'm to the point where as I am almost ready to go back to stock. It seems like one thing after the other. Cracked my undertail today due to tire rubbing. I have hardened up the shock setting as far as I can and put as much tension on the spring as possible to try to keep it from rubbing. Need to order an axle mount tag bracket for tags. It just goes on and on. I love the look and was hoping for functionality. I do plan to take it to the strip some, but yet be feasible for everyday riding. Probably shoulda went w/ extensions. Just not sure if the headaches are worth it. Is there anyone that can revalve the shock for a decent price? $450 more is just a bit high for me. I'm gonna have a fortune in this project before it is over with!!!! Also, any recommendation on a tag mount? Had an Ebay one bout a year ago that lasted a whole week before it broke off w/ my tag. Paid over $50 for it. What a waste!!!

Being that I broke my undertail, I had seen an aluminum undertail that was for extended bikes that gave you more clearance with less/no storage. Does anyone know who makes those and what lights you need to use with those. Could I order the stock form light that has integrated turn signals in it to use with it? Sucks that I paid $200 for a hotbodies that didn't last a year.

Some pics.....

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

Tiger racing tails and cut stock lenses are the way to go! Pm me if you need a stock cut tail lense.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have seen those and would not trust it on any bike. I am pretty sure that it is a 600 arm with a block welded in. They can't even bend some 1" tube, they just cut and weld together some square tubing. You get what you pay for. Take it off the bike and get a real arm before you get hurt. Just my opinion.

that tail doesn't looks that good :poke:

No it doesn't. I am so frustrated at this point. Not sure if all the trouble has been anywhere close to being worth it. Was at a stealership today thinking of trading it in on a 1k. They offered me $5500 right after they gave another guy there $7300 for his 07'. Suffice to say I was a bit peeved. They said because it wasn't stock. Yet when I said it wouldn't be a problem to return it there, he changed his story. Said his wholesaler in NC wanted it extended because of the demand in the south, but to him it didn't matter. Yet he wanted me to keep it extended on trade in. Think I'm just gonna repaint it a solid color. If can't get the bugs worked out in the suspension w/ it extended, I'll just put the stock arm on and be done with it. Can't ride it how it is now because the clearance issues. Just not stiff enough to keep tire from rubbing. Gonna try the 600 knuckle and adjustable links to see if that will raise it at all. Any other suggestions?????

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about all your trouble hope it works out for you. I saw their arms on e-bay But was scared off by the square tubing.

Send your stock arm to Spencer Cycle and have them weld ext. in, that's what I did, I'm running 0-6 over. I set it at 4 over. spencercycle.com

Last edited:
This shock,a 600 pivot should do it will raise the bike about 1 inch also..

Picture 066.jpg

Goldenchild will do you right mines out 8"and he installed it for me over 2 years ago . Never rubbed yet.:beerchug:

Im really sorry to hear about ya troubles, but to be quite honest, im going thru the exact same thing....here is where im at:

I ordered a 10" over stock, underbraced swingarm in a raw finish (as i wanted to powder it to match my bike) for my 2004 busa from Johnny Rocket swingarms on Ebay. After about a month, i recieved a BLACK 10" over stock, OVER braced arm, so i quickly contacted JRS (we will shorten Johnny Rocket Swingarms for typing's sake) to correct the error. This being back in January, they said to send it back and they would get the correct one out to me. After shipping it back to them (ON MY OWN DIME), i had yet to hear back from them for over a month. Finally i was told that my swing arm would be arriving by the end of january. It didnt....

After about 5 emails NOT being returned i found them again on ebay and left them a message on the number listed. About a week after the VERY unpleasant message i left, i recieved a call from the owner stating that a previous employee had been ****ing the company over and stealing customer's money while not sending out the product (mine being one in that category supposedly). The Ownder of JRS then stated all his underbraced "cores" were out of stock so it would be 12 days before one came in, plus another week for shipping. Well after TRIPLE that time I finally recieved the (seemingly) correct 10" over stock, underbraced, Raw finish arm.

After a couple issues at the powdercoaters, i finally recieve the arm back 2+ weeks later, but at this point i dont care, since my bike is almost done (and its been in pieces since i wrecked it off a cliff over a year and a half ago)....Well finally after 2 more weeks i have an entire Saturday and Sunday dedicated to simply making my bike whole again when i run into the same problem that you did, i could not get all THREE bolts to line up. JRS actually included an additional "knuckle" when they shipped the swing arm, but that did not work either, so no matter how i did it, i could only ever get 2 bolts in. After waiting another week for lowering links to come in, i then tried again, and it still would not work. The only way i could get it to get all 3 bolts attached is with FOUR inch lowering links, and even then, it was nearly rubbing the undertail. I do NOT want to run a 4 in drop, so i am VERY interested to see how you are able to get yours to work as im just about ready to go buy another extended arm and give a big middle finger to JRS (who AGAIN are not answering my calls or emails, yet continue to get nothing but positive feedback on Ebay).

Good luck getting yours working, and please post any updates here, and im really in the same boat as you. If i can figure mine out, i will let you know as well....I appologize for how long this rant was, but that has been almost 9 FU**ING MONTHS of headaches all comming out at once!!!

Back