elka shock and extended swingarm question....problem!

trevor

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am reposting from general topic and 1/4 mile section to here in hopes of finding more answers. I just ordered a new Elka rear shock w remote resevoir and remote hydraulic spring preload. whem it came in it had neither of the above mentioned options. the local dealer said elka told them that the remote resevoir was only w the stock swingarm and that it had to be the piggyback type because of my 7 over McIntosh swingarm. The swingarm is an alumistreet with noupper or lower bracing. I was also told that there was no room for the hyd spring preload, remote or otherwise.
My question is ... is anyone running a stretched swingarm with an aftermarket rear shock? if so, do you have remote resevoir and or hyd spring preload?
I dont understand how there can be less room w the extended swingarm. Or how the extension has anything to do with the remote resevoir or hyd preload. any insite to this would be awsome.

I have to go talk to the local shop on monday about it and want to know if anyone on here has heard of this. Local shop is A1 and im not trying to bash, just i really want the ease of adjustment that these options provide.

Back