new 3 way elka rear shock question

trevor

Registered
i recently ordered a new elka 3 way adjustable rear shock with remote resevoir and remote hydraulic preload. when it came in it had no hyd preload and had a piggy back resevoir instead of remote. I have a 7 inch extended McIntosh alumistreet swingarm with no bracing. They told me that the remote resevoir and hyd preload wont fit(work with this swingarm. Has anyone everheard of this happening? I was really excited to be getting easy access to adjustment with the hyd preload and remote res. One of the main reasons for the purchace instead of re-valve and spring of the stock unit.
i dont understand how there isnt room, especially with the absence of the stock top bracing.I was told the remote resevoir is only for the stock swingarm, ...how does 7 inches longer change anything to do with the res??
if anyone has any input or advice, I would like to hear from you
:dunno:

If they sent you the wrong shock send it back and get what you paid for imo.
Are you installing this yourself or paying a shop to do it?

If you paid for the other one and they sent you this one instead...I would raise a stink. They should exchange it for the right one (the one YOU want) plus pay for shipping costs. If there is a price difference between the two shocks, well you have to cover that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Make an angry youtube video showing the shock, the bike and how what you ordered will fit and show the wrong shock. Mention the company in the video demand they replace the shock and send them the video link in an e-mail. Trust me that will get results fast.

:laugh:

cheers
ken

i dont think i will have to pay for it if i dont want it. The shop i am dealing with is first class. Its just they are saying that Elka says its the right one, just those options wont work with the 7 over McIntosh swingarm. However I was not informed that this was the case and expected to get what we discussed and ordered. I just cant get my head around why the hyd adjuster and remote resevoir will not work with my McIntosh alumistreet arm. They tell me there is not enough room.The shock location is the same as stock. There is no bracing, top or bottom. It just moves the rear wheel 7 inches further back. How this changes the ability to have a remote res or hyd preload baffles me. Perhaps the hyd adj cant handle the extra force caused by the extension? dunno
I am going to call Elka on monday and find out . I dont want to step on the local dealers toes but I want to find out for myself.

the price did come in cheaper than i expected as they did not charge for the hyd preload.
as i said they arn't trying to charge me for something i didnt get. Its just that im not getting what i expected

Is anybody running an extended wheelbase with an aftermarket rear shock? if so, do you have a remote resevoir and or hydraulic preload adj? Im sure I'm not the first person to do this. These remote adjusters and the hyd preload with remote adj make suspension adjustment so quick and easy.

ask in the track and racing mods section. but you're right, you're not the first person to do this.

You can always send that one back and go to Ohlins. You'll pay more but you won't get any BS and the shock WILL do what they say it will!

Back