WOW did I just get surprized. Ladies,you'll love this.

Here's a great commercial.

Monday morning in a 3rd grade class room:

Teacher,"so what did everyone do for the weekend?"

Little kid," I helped my grandma bake cookies for the church bake sale."

Another little kid," I helped my grandma turbo her hayabusa."

MasterCard- there when you need to bake cookies.

Badass Grandma- Priceless

Hi all,
I just met "rubbersidedown" and I probably joined this forum years ago... seriously.

And very seriously, I'm "only"60" and other than valves and carbs, (which I used to do on my old 1976 GS750/Yosh850), I do everything else, but build fuel pumps. Lifelong passion since 1974.

My 2000 is my baby, but last year I picked up a nice 2008 (red one) and found it was so awesome (and quiet) with the Yosh 4-1, that I wanted one for the 2000. So Rubbersidedown got the HMF today, and he should have fun with it. When I got it dyno'd at Brothers PowerSports in Bremerton in '06 (with just a PCII and a K&N) and it was impressive. 172.8/102.1 torque.

But picked up the 2008 (K&N, Yosh 4-1) last year and you can dyno/tune them without a PC, and it ran really sweet. And quiet. Hey, I'm old, guys! Repacked the HMF with Yosh packing last summer but no diff, so settled on abandoning the cool high exit look (which I've had since about 2004) in favour of the Yosh. Very nice.

And the tuners finally got rid of some aggravating flat spots that have haunted the bike since new. New curve, with PCIII USB and the yosh, 165.7 (DynoDynamics software). Don't understand all the different ways of dyno, but works for me.

And the Vettes, well, that's just the secondary interest. Never liked them until they resembled (2004 - C4 series) my old "Knight Rider" Trans Am of 82. Then in 93, finally got one.
Being a biker makes you a better driver. And no, never wanted to race.

And yes, grey hair can make the RCMP like you. Especially when you stop almost on a dime when they've seen you come up to the unmarked car at around 140k (80k zone). I know, RubbersideDown, mentioned the radar/laser shifters, but that's not what I'm watching... ergo, just f'ing stop. I did. Real quick. They like that. And I could be his mother. LOL

But when the Constable noticed the Radar, he asked whether it saved me or not. I said, "I saw you before I noticed the radar". And he said, "I heard you first." So, ergo, quiet pipes save tickets, methinks. And for all you on the US side, yes, got a nice 100mph ticket on I-5 in my 90 Vette in Oregon in '06. Not pretty. $1108 fine, and had I been an American, lost my license for a month. Luckily, those nasty ones don't follow us here into Canada. Paid it. End of story.

Don't have any kids of my own, but some cool step-grand whatevers that like to ride.
Never could not be on a bike... keeps you alive.
Cheers all,
Nancy

RE: Black Diamond Busa joke

Just had to laugh at your story... actually my husband's son... my "step son", used to be the president of the Bank of Montreal in charge of Mastercard/Interact and all that **** in Canada while those ads were produced. We used to kid him about them -- (like maybe they were based on your life?) What other pro/am golfer gets to play multiple times with Nicklaus?
He may not have been on the same page with me and his dad, but I really enjoy that the "priceless" part of those mastercard ads has endured.
Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:
Wow that's one cool granny. I see the tool box in the corner so does she do all her own work too?

Better believe it. Those are my tools. Amen.
My late husband was a "chainsaw" carpenter. Which, in some cases, is good. Stuff got done fast, if not finessed.

But I was the mechanic. Even wrenched on our boats (Mercruiser, Volvos).

And to think I took it all up because I had a bicycle as a kid (girls couldn't take shop in the 60s). Then when I bought my first bike (1973 Kawasaki 100 enduro), I naturally had to take it apart.
Then on it went.
Cheers, guys.

No problem it just popped in my head and I think that would be the best yet. It is really cool that your still living life like you do. Also its great that you do all your own work.

this is what the .org is all about! what a great story and another awesome person to get to know and learn from :beerchug:

LOL not in an old Corvette with a lady state trooper in Oregon. :-(
Or even last year in a RAV4 in URBANia. F'ing cops.

But, seriously, I did not expect to get out of the one on the (Vancouver) Island HWy on a long weekend. I do think the constable expected to chase some young dude on a crotch rocket and instead, got me. I stopped within 500 yds (or less) of seeing him. And the joke was, my friends whom I ride with (2 up on their 99 Busa) saw me pulled over as they were heading in the other direction in a car, (they actually saw the Busa first) and were wondering... then realized it was me... and wondered why my radar/laser shifter system (that he installed) didn't work.
So DuH, stupid old bat... but when the cop said I had a clean record, (what, MOI?????) and the fact I had stopped, let me go with a warning, Well you could have blown me over. I was ready to take the punishment. One of my better stories now, but at the time... well, not quite crapping... and after almost 40 years on a bike and my share of tickets, I guess it's par for the course.

Hi all,
I just met "rubbersidedown" and I probably joined this forum years ago... seriously.

And very seriously, I'm "only"60" and other than valves and carbs, (which I used to do on my old 1976 GS750/Yosh850), I do everything else, but build fuel pumps. Lifelong passion since 1974.

My 2000 is my baby, but last year I picked up a nice 2008 (red one) and found it was so awesome (and quiet) with the Yosh 4-1, that I wanted one for the 2000. So Rubbersidedown got the HMF today, and he should have fun with it. When I got it dyno'd at Brothers PowerSports in Bremerton in '06 (with just a PCII and a K&N) and it was impressive. 172.8/102.1 torque.

But picked up the 2008 (K&N, Yosh 4-1) last year and you can dyno/tune them without a PC, and it ran really sweet. And quiet. Hey, I'm old, guys! Repacked the HMF with Yosh packing last summer but no diff, so settled on abandoning the cool high exit look (which I've had since about 2004) in favour of the Yosh. Very nice.

And the tuners finally got rid of some aggravating flat spots that have haunted the bike since new. New curve, with PCIII USB and the yosh, 165.7 (DynoDynamics software). Don't understand all the different ways of dyno, but works for me.

And the Vettes, well, that's just the secondary interest. Never liked them until they resembled (2004 - C4 series) my old "Knight Rider" Trans Am of 82. Then in 93, finally got one.
Being a biker makes you a better driver. And no, never wanted to race.

And yes, grey hair can make the RCMP like you. Especially when you stop almost on a dime when they've seen you come up to the unmarked car at around 140k (80k zone). I know, RubbersideDown, mentioned the radar/laser shifters, but that's not what I'm watching... ergo, just f'ing stop. I did. Real quick. They like that. And I could be his mother. LOL

But when the Constable noticed the Radar, he asked whether it saved me or not. I said, "I saw you before I noticed the radar". And he said, "I heard you first." So, ergo, quiet pipes save tickets, methinks. And for all you on the US side, yes, got a nice 100mph ticket on I-5 in my 90 Vette in Oregon in '06. Not pretty. $1108 fine, and had I been an American, lost my license for a month. Luckily, those nasty ones don't follow us here into Canada. Paid it. End of story.

Don't have any kids of my own, but some cool step-grand whatevers that like to ride.
Never could not be on a bike... keeps you alive.
Cheers all,
Nancy

:welcome: back to the org. :thumbsup:

Pleasure to meet you today Nancy. :thumbsup: I can hardly wait to throw those pipes on. I'll probably wait for a bit thou,( PCIII,K&N,etc is coming soon) then do the install and tune it at that dyno all on the same day.

Thanks again,

RSD.

DSC04955_zps95371009.jpg

You're too funny. I love "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy".
The grip heaters have been a blessing at times. And yes, the speedo does go to 350k. But sorry to disappoint; only been to 240, and that was on the prairies, when I was the only thing on the road for miles. More the limit of the helmet shaking my glasses so bad that I couldn't see versus the stability of the bike. Oh yes, love to roar down the road at 200+ kph somewhat blind. LOL Then there was the time I had to ride thru about 6" of loose gravel for about 2 km to get to a roundezvous... too ****tered to stop, so standing on the pegs, glad the old trail bike skills came back. Which reminds me of the time I took my GSXR750 up some logging roads (without the lowers) and met some guys on trials bikes who were, to say the least, somewhat surprised?
The stuff we do... just in the zone. Both knees busted and a collar bone. Give it up? Never. Got back on a Honda CRF150F after not having a trail bike for 20 years... puts a huge smile on my face. Riding the Busa is nirvana. We're all lucky.
Went to a Vintage bike rally/swap/shop which included a 1.5hr ferry ride on and off our island, but it was fun.
Classic Bike Swap Meet: Home
On Sunday, I went with a great group of 6-8 bikes. I took a friend (who's been ill and hadn't been on a bike in 8 yrs) on my Busa. Although I'm not really a vintage Harley/Brit bike person (or even take a passenger), all I saw were smiles, and we all did so much laughing. Very good day.

Back