how do i justify this spending...

Get her exactly what she wants, no subsitutes....

I should own stock in Coach, for all the purses and shoes that I purchased of the last year.... (point of clarification; puchased for fiancee, not for myself...)

money is not the issue...  the issue is spending 400 on something so freakin petty like a PURSE!!!  im about 98% positive im just gonna go ahead and buy the damn thing....
I aint read the rest of the responces yet. this was the answer I was looking for. If you can afford it and she is worth it to you....get it..I've gotten a couple for my wife and she likes them but doesnt have to have one. She would never spend the money on herself so I have to
tounge.gif

I dont know your girl so dont take this wrong. As long as she isn't the type always mooching (for lack of a better word) gifts from you. Buy it for her to make her happy even if it is rediculaous

Give her a gift cert for the amount that seems reasonable or the amount you can afford - let her pony up the rest. Saying you like something and then saying you don't want someone to buy it for you is emotional blackmail - I personally don't play that game. If you want something - figure out how to get it yourself and don't hold someone else hostage... it's a purse for heaven's sake. Geez!
I agree with this as well, but it is possible that it wasn't her intent to put you in this position. I'm sure I've done this to Dan from time to time, but it was never my intent. Sometimes we'll be out or just discussing things and something like this will come up.
Gift Certificate all the way.. better make sure it covers the bag... I think Karen has 4 or 5 of these along with a number of other (what I consider) outrageously priced "bags"... $500 is not at all uncommon or even that expensive :cough: (kills me to see "kids" carrying these things)

Give her a gift cert for the amount that seems reasonable or the amount you can afford - let her pony up the rest.  Saying you like something and then saying you don't want someone to buy it for you is emotional blackmail - I personally don't play that game.  If you want something - figure out how to get it yourself and don't hold someone else hostage... it's a purse for heaven's sake.   Geez!
I agree with this as well, but it is possible that it wasn't her intent to put you in this position.  I'm sure I've done this to Dan from time to time, but it was never my intent.  Sometimes we'll be out or just discussing things and something like this will come up.
Gift Certificate all the way.. better make sure it covers the bag... I think Karen has 4 or 5 of these along with a number of other (what I consider) outrageously priced "bags"...  $500 is not at all uncommon or even that expensive :cough: (kills me to see "kids" carrying these things)
Thanks Randy....you just fueled my fire.
laugh.gif
Saturday night Dave and I were having this exact conversation. My friend Renee has a Coach bag and I've been eyeballing it for months.
drools.gif
When he asked her how much it was he nearly fell to the floor.
eek2.gif
I have a few "knock-off" Kate Spade bags that I absolutely love. However, I could never spend the money on myself. It would have to be a gift. I could even deal with getting just that on my birthday (from the whole family!)

Now that I know how many wives / gf's have them...........

Anyway Ozzy....I'm glad you decided to go for it. If she wanted it bad enough to mention it to you then she's going to be thrilled when she opens it. I'm sure you will benefit from that purchase for a while.
ThumbsUp.gif

Give her a gift cert for the amount that seems reasonable or the amount you can afford - let her pony up the rest.  Saying you like something and then saying you don't want someone to buy it for you is emotional blackmail - I personally don't play that game.  If you want something - figure out how to get it yourself and don't hold someone else hostage... it's a purse for heaven's sake.   Geez!
I agree with this as well, but it is possible that it wasn't her intent to put you in this position.  I'm sure I've done this to Dan from time to time, but it was never my intent.  Sometimes we'll be out or just discussing things and something like this will come up.
Gift Certificate all the way.. better make sure it covers the bag... I think Karen has 4 or 5 of these along with a number of other (what I consider) outrageously priced "bags"...  $500 is not at all uncommon or even that expensive :cough: (kills me to see "kids" carrying these things)
Thanks Randy....you just fueled my fire.  
laugh.gif
  Saturday night Dave and I were having this exact conversation.  My friend Renee has a Coach bag and I've been eyeballing it for months.  
drools.gif
  When he asked her how much it was he nearly fell to the floor.  
eek2.gif
  I have a few "knock-off" Kate Spade bags that I absolutely love.  However, I could never spend the money on myself.  It would have to be a gift.  I could even deal with getting just that on my birthday (from the whole family!)

Now that I know how many wives / gf's have them...........

Anyway Ozzy....I'm glad you decided to go for it.  If she wanted it bad enough to mention it to you then she's going to be thrilled when she opens it.  I'm sure you will benefit from that purchase for a while.  
ThumbsUp.gif
some of my wifes friends at church have these coach parties. those are like 85 - 100 bucks. supposedly they are coach purses and you cant tell the dif. they use cheaper leather or something like that on it. I heard about these partys too late
banghead.gif
. last christmas i got her the wallet thingy that matches her bag and it was as much as the big bag
winkold.gif
I tried to get it from one of those partys but they didnt have to color to match her bag
banghead.gif
O well.

banghead.gif

Now that I think about it. I would drop that on a ring, bracelet, or neckless without thinking about it. So if she treats purses like jewelery, why not.

ok, so my girlsfriends bday is coming up at the end of the month and she has this huge fetish for coach purses...  we were out shopping yesterday and she pointed out to me the new handbag that she wanted so bad but keeps telling me not to worry about getting her anything for her bday since i just recently dropped some coin on new riding gear for her.  i want to get her the handbag, but i just cant justify spending $400 on a friggin purse!!!  im thinkin of maybe getting her a smaller bag that matches the purse that she has now that would be more convenient for her when she goes out so that she doesnt have to lug a friggin small suitcase around.  what do you all think???
Spend the $400 on a cruise to the Bahamas, while there buy a Coach purse for $20.00 and it'll be a great present.

Lisa, didn't you tell me you wanted a red Nissan 350z, but I should not buy it for you?
rock.gif

laugh.gif
I would if I could!
ThumbsUp.gif

every time I go to New York my two daughters print small pics of LV, Coach, Doony& Burke, or D&G bags they want, I go to Canal street and show the pics around and like magic, come home with 5 or 6 bags, and have most of the time spent less than 200 dollars, and they are thrilled. The bags I get look the sme as the ones in the major department stores, believe me, the girls check.
biggrin.gif
They all get a bag or two and are happy. just my 2 cents worth. Ozzy, if you can afford it and that is what you want to do get it.
beerchug.gif

Back