Drove to Chesapeake Va.

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Guys,
My wife called me at work around 0900 on Wed. She wanted to drive to Va (from Fl) for thanksgiving as her BDay present. (Her Bday was the 23rd)... No plan, no sleep - obviously, no ORM!

Anyway, we came here and have had a blast, no time to log on. Yesterday, I went to the Marine Corps Heritage Center.... Marines, we have a new temple! Pics and more of the story tomorrow when I get home...

Marines - we have a new temple.
Let me give you a quick introduction to the National Marine Corps Heritage Center:

DSC05171.JPG

A closer pic. When I saw the building, it reminded me of something, but it took me a minute to figure out what it was! Any guesses?

DSC05173.JPG

This is a pic of me and my best friend, MSgt Scott Frost. He and I grew up together in the Marine Corps....

DSC05183.JPG

This is a combat loaded pack; it sits on a verticle bar for support - the idea is, you strap on the pack and try to lift it, to see what our Marines are carrying into combat
This is my boy Christopher

DSC05179.JPG

Here he is wearing the pack...

DSC05180.JPG

These are "phone booths" with speakers on either side and above. You step inside and Drill Instructors start stressing you out.... talk about bringing back memories!

DSC05177.JPG

My oldest telling my youngest about the confidence course...

DSC05184.JPG

Guys, I will post more later - but I will tell you this; there were places inside the museum where I laughed, where I cried and where I was absolutely speechless. The last time that I felt like that was standing on top of Mount Suribachi in 2003... This is a must see - dare I say pilgrimage?
More pics later!
Semper Fidelis....

Thanks for the pics MCM, had no idea you were up here.

But as you said no plan.

Look forward to more pics.
lurk.gif

Looks like you are having a great time...
No guesses on the building... but then again I served in the Air Force.

(heavybusa @ Nov. 26 2006,16:26) Thanks for the pics MCM, had no idea you were up here.

But as you said no plan.

lurk.gif
Greg,
I thought about calling you and a few others, but the trip was really cramped as it was.... I really only had two functional days.... Next time, I promise!

Great pics Shawn. I'm into a lot of war machinery: been to the Eglin museum, the PC NAS museum, the Battleship AL, the sub base in CT (can't remember the name), and several open house air shows. I'm always awed by the equipment our nation can bring to bear upon the world's ignorant.
beerchug.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 26 2006,19:25)
(heavybusa @ Nov. 26 2006,16:26) Thanks for the pics MCM, had no idea you were up here.

But as you said no plan.

lurk.gif
Greg,
I thought about calling you and a few others, but the trip was really cramped as it was.... I really only had two functional days.... Next time, I promise!
beerchug.gif

glad you had a good time. Semper Fi.

Out-of-bounds chit complete?.......I think not!
wow.gif
I'm telling.

(Devil Dog @ Nov. 26 2006,19:38) glad you had a good time.  Semper Fi.

Out-of-bounds chit complete?.......I think not!  
wow.gif
  I'm telling.
Ha! It actually was... I had to walk it through... which is why I ended not leaving until 1500!

Back