Veterans Day 2008: A mention of thanks to all our Armed Forces

Thank you to every soldier that has given, is giving, and will give their service to us and our great country. We can't thank you enough.

MissingSoldierTN.jpg

How can one thing be so easy and yet so hard to say? Thank you just does not get it, not a day goes by that I do not think about the world we live in and how my children and family will fare in it. However, I rest a lot easier knowing the people of our armed forces past and present, are/were on the fence watching out for them and the rights, privileges and freedoms that they and I enjoy.

Thank you all!

patton med.jpg

Hey whats up pashnit? I'm 3533 Motor Transportation Sgt right now and still going, only 11 more years to go. I love being Motor T because once you finally reach your destination in Iraq with all your Bean, Bullets, & and Bandages, you feel a since of accomplishment that the infantry Marines can continue to live and fight another day with what supplies you just took them. Plus you gotta be a little crazy to be Motor T, too. Ive been in since Dec 14, 1999. Plt 2019 Fox Co. Happy Veterans Day Everyone...Enclosed are some pics of me and the Vehicles I Drive...

OIF 2-2004 :guns:
OIF 3-2005 :guns:

PHOT0490.jpg

1 (314).jpg

1 (450).jpg

PHOT0323.jpg

PHOT0006.jpg

PHOT0094.jpg

Green_USMC_by_red_sleeves.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to all my fellow vets, and to those who are serving now all over the world.

Hal Cason
U S Navy 1968-1972
HMT2
MCB-62

Image37.jpg

I celebrated by taking the day off............. raising the American Flag and taking the day to do what I wanted to do. And reflect on all the brave souls who made the ultimate sacrifice so we can live in freedom.

Freedom is not Free ........ Korean War memorial ... very strong message.

UASAF EOD

79-88

freedom.is.not.free.jpg

Last edited:
God bless all of the men and women who served, and are serving, our Country. Thank you and your families for your sacrifice.

Flag.jpeg

I showed this post to some of the guys in my platoon, it cheered us up a little bit. We are in northern Afghanistan currently, and everything is quiet fortunately. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to recognise the vets.

Been in the USAF closing on 17 years now. Havent really met anyone famous or anything, just an aircraft maintenance troop. Been around the world and supported several conflicts abroad some known and a few unknown. I've worked on a variety of aircraft, KC-135R, F-15C & D's and the infamous U-2. Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in arms around the world and to those who have served and of course, thoughs who paid the ultimate price! :beerchug: :bowdown:

I showed this post to some of the guys in my platoon, it cheered us up a little bit. We are in northern Afghanistan currently, and everything is quiet fortunately. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to recognise the vets.

Wow Stack, first post. Let me be the first to welcome you to the Org, and all the way from Afghanistan too. Yes, many of us back here think about you guys daily. Prayers and thoughts for your safe return.

Take care over there. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :beerchug:

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it. Come home safe! :cheerleader:

Back