wife wants her own bike... which one...

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
i showed chels a few pictures to find out what kind of bikes she'd be interested in buying. i was thinking a 600 or 750, showed her a few pictures to kinda feel it out. here's the picture that she found, of the bike she wants
MV-Agusta-F4-1000-Veltro-2006-01.jpg

i love that woman, but i'll never get her one, lol. not for 23k. i'm gonna try to steer her toward the s1krr, just because i could put it in "rain" mode when she's riding, has all the safety stuff, etc.

I called down to Missoula 2 weeks ago on a S1Krrr. I think they wanted like 17.5K out the door.

Can't see the pic at work? what is it?

he's not selling, otherwise that would've been her bike. he's been trying to sell the damn thing for 4 years, and now when i have a reason to buy it, he doesn't want to sell.:laugh:

yup, thats a sharp lookin bike- wouldn't mind havin one, but i dont have 23k either...

I don't know your wife but I really like her taste in bikes!
The other option doesn't exactly suck either...:thumbsup:
Good luck and congrats! How cool.

I say the 600 dude....that way if she doesnt ride much youre not in too deep and it can always be a track bike:laugh::whistle:

i think a cbr250 may be the way i'm gonna point her, because even with 130ish hp, it'll be a major handful. plus, it'll be cheap enough that it won't hurt the bank account too much.

i think a cbr250 may be the way i'm gonna point her, because even with 130ish hp, it'll be a major handful. plus, it'll be cheap enough that it won't hurt the bank account too much.

Honda is most forgiving from what i have read. The Kawi has just a shmidge more up top though. Liked my CBR muches. Love my Busa though :thumbsup:

Do what? That can't be right. CBR250 has 130hp? I think you meant CBR600.

I've heard from a couple folks that the CBR 250 is weak and struggles above 60mph. The Ninja 250(I've rode them)is an impressive little bike for all it is. They're also available everywhere and much cheaper than a CBR.
Most every Ninja 250 I see for sale has very low miles and looks new. People seem to buy them and decide motorcycling isn't for them... or that they want something bigger! So watch out, she'll probably still want the MV:laugh:

Honest Advice: If you want her to learn to enjoy riding and you would like to have her riding with you. Get her what SHE wants. If not YOU will regret it and she will probably end up not enjoying riding and not ride. Just think about if you said you wanted to start riding and she came home with one of those scooters for you, would you like it or enjoy riding it if you didn't want it in the first place? And for what it's worth I wouldn't waste the money on the 250 unless you were just planning on using it for a around town scooter. Besides they sound like a Singer sewing machine.:rofl: at least they used to, not sure about the new ones. But yeah your probably more in the 50-60 hp range on the 250 cause I just got rid of a 06 636 Kawi and they are only 130hp which is more than the standard CBR600 rated at like 105hp.

Get her what she wants and everyone stays happy..:whistle:

Back