Oooh ooooh oooooh, guess what?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Juli told me tonight she wants her own bike. She has been thinking about it for a while now, and finally made a decision. In the spring we are going to get her into a safety course. I cant wait, I think I am more excited than she is. Anyway, we have to wait till spring to actually get another bike, but who knows, she may be licensed and if she wants to, we will bring both bikes to the spring bash. Dont get me wrong, I am excited but will in no way push her to do so. I am already worried about how she will do on her own in traffic. Yes I know, she is a big girl, but you all know how people dont pay any attention to us. She told me she wants a Katana. I used to have a 2000 model, 600. Was a great bike, but not sure what size to get her. Any recommendations? I was leaning towards a 750. I know I dont want to put her on a pure sport bike, ZX-6, R-6, CBR. I would prefer she get something a little more comfortable and forgiving.

Sounds like a great match
ThumbsUp.gif
. And your right  
idea3.gif
with getting her started with a smaller displacement bike that is also forgiving
please.gif
 AND Comfortable  
beerchug.gif

What was Kim riding at the Fall bash? Kawi 636 I think? looked like it fit her pretty well and the thing had some go fast in it too..

we got my girl a bike a 95 250 rebel
great bike to learn on cheap small and low shes only 5' tall
shes learning slowly
hopefully in the spring shell get her license
and then well upgrade her bike

I went down this road with the girlfriend. I worried so much when we rode that it just wasn't fun for me. All I could ever think about while riding was her getting slammed by some moron. The bike got sold.

If you're in the country, I guess it would be ok. But in a big city, no dice.

So, 2 up w/ rider to passenger communcations is much more enjoyable for us.

Good luck...

I am hoping that with more time in the saddle, I will get past that and be ok.

Kawi 636 is the ninja zx-6r........

i thinks its awesome that your wife wants a bike. its just one more thing that you both will have in common with each other

Back