Quick question...

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Ok.. my fiance has been riding on the back with me for a while.. And guess what i came home from work on friday and she went and got her MOTORCYCLE permit and tells me she wants to learn to ride so she can get her own bike,

LOL.. m like you aint riding mine... lol.. Anyway i told her id take the motorcycle saftey course with her she didnt want to go alone i took it years ago so my question is what would be a good beginer bike for a 5ft 3 115 lb girl lol..

Get back to me

Ninja 250...

2.jpg

not too bad... she was looking at a 2004 Cbr600 i was reluctant to tell her it may be to big for her to learn on ..

After riding on my busa 2 times, my wife told me she wanted her own bike too. My wife was 56 and had never rode a bike or driven a stick shift car for that matter. She is 5' and about 115 lbs herself. She went and took the MSF course at a local college. They teach new riders on Honda 250 Rebels so I bought her a new one and she loves it. She has been riding it for three years now and is ready to move up to a bigger bike. Great thing about the Rebel is that you can get a used one cheap, and when she is ready to move up you can sell them for about the same as what you paid for them. They are a great bike to learn on and they have a low seat height for short girls. They also ar light enough for them to move around and be comfortable.

Have you asked her what type of bike she wants?

Def. go with the new Ninja 250. The redesigned the bike and wears the same fairing look as their zzr600's.. beautiful bike. They also put bigger wheels on it so it actually looks like a sportbike. My girl is picking a red one up sometime this summer. Can't beat the price either (except with a rebel 250 of course)

My wife, also 5'3-4 started riding two years ago and she started on a Ninja 650r. Problem with the r is it is very difficult to lower and believe it or not, she wanted more bike after one year. Great beginner bike otherwise, very forgiving. She upgraded to gixxer 600 last year and is disappointed she didnt get the 750 or 1000 but has agreed to give it a little time before the next one.

If your scenario plays out like ours did, get something not too expensive to start 'cause bike two is coming quick. Good luck!

yah she likes the cbr600 and she sene my boys 929 and liked that im like i think the 929 is deffintly too much for you to start out on .

Back