I'm so proud of my lady.

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
Ever since I purchased my Busa, my wife has glared at me with envy because she has wanted to have her own motorcycle for some time now, but as of yet has never been behind the throttle.

Last night, I took her to an old Army defense depot with plenty of space, and gasp...

Taught her to ride on the Busa! It was hard, but I needed to trust her, even on my bike ...

busa_lady.JPG

I am so proud of her! Within a couple of hours, with my children chanting "go mom go!" she was shifting gears, changing lanes, downshifting and cruising at 50mph. She was an awesome student. We still need to work on her stops, but I think she'll have it in no time. She walked away from the whole ordeal squeeling with excitement saying it was everything she dreamed of and more, and can't wait to get one of her own.

For her birthday next week, I am buying her an MSF course and she is tickled pink. Maybe depending on how everything goes, I might get the gal her own Busa next year. We'll see ...

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149457392 -->

I love it.

Next time...you know the drill...we want pics!

Very cool,tell her good job from Rubb and the Board.

Great and Congrats to the wife!!!

My wife has just started riding lately and the MSF course was a changing point. Although I had taught her the basics, the course really gave her confidence and the desire to ride more.

It is funny, because now she rides with me at times on a CBR 600 F4i and does well, but even when she does not ride for some reason she does not give me the glare as I am leaving. As a matter of fact since she has got her license she rides a third of the time with me and the others she is generally encouraging me to go ride. That is knowing she is taking care of 4 children while I am gone.

Congrats and keep encouraging her.

I love it.

Next time...you know the drill...we want pics!

Very cool,tell her good job from Rubb and the Board.
Pics are coming, she hadn't gotten home with the camera yet ... Turn out on the way home she got a speeding ticket.

I'm starting to reconsider this ;)
Yeah, now you 2 can be a duo on the road...

Consider the ticket a "small" price to pay for her learning how to ride (even though she might've gotten it driving a cage). I just believe in that cosmic event balance thing.

I'm thinking that her speed increased after riding the Busa because the ol' truck just didn't feel like it was going fast enough.

biggrin.gif

[Quote (AlohaBusa @ June 04 2006,15:13)
It is funny, because now she rides with me at times on a CBR 600 F4i and does well

That's cool. That's the bike she's had her eye on! She wants a blue one, but after riding the Busa, she said she wouldn't mind having one of those either.]

She actually has the Blue 06 600 F4i and has turned out to be a great bike. Plenty of speed but controllable getting there. We had it lowered 2 inches and she has not had any problems getting confidence riding on it. She could ride the Busa, I just get scared that it is not forgiving, especially in 1st or 2nd gear. We all know what I mean.

Good Luck, and my wife is glad to know she is not the only one chasing this once "all boys" sport.

DSC_0073_resized.JPG

super.gif
Tell her I said "GOOD JOB!"

I'd get her an older bike, then on her 1 year anniversary of riding, get her the busa. That way if/whn she drops it, she won't be too heartbroken.

[Quote (AlohaBusa @ June 04 2006,15:13)
It is funny, because now she rides with me at times on a CBR 600 F4i and does well

That's cool. That's the bike she's had her eye on! She wants a blue one, but after riding the Busa, she said she wouldn't mind having one of those either.]

She actually has the Blue 06 600 F4i and has turned out to be a great bike.  Plenty of speed but controllable getting there.  We had it lowered 2 inches and she has not had any problems getting confidence riding on it.  She could ride the Busa, I just get scared that it is not forgiving, especially in 1st or 2nd gear.  We all know what I mean.

Good Luck, and my wife is glad to know she is not the only one chasing this once "all boys" sport.
sweeeeeeet bike.......oh ough ......it's ok I guess.

Excellent! My wife's been riding with me for a year and a half now. She loves it! Nothing better than seeing your wife ride with you on her own bike.

The Busa's a pretty big bike to start out on. Might want to get a beat up old 600 she can ride for six months and get her started on that. Still, she seems like she's pretty tall and might be able to handle the Busa. Tough first bike, though.

Congrats to you both!

--Wag--

my wife has informed me that you should take your wife to the store and let her have a say in what bike she gets. She said it is acceptable to point out pros and cons, but she should have a BIG say in style, color, size etc.

I have to go, need to ask if I can have my "pants" back. lol

Back