Wife takes the msf course at the end of this month

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
After getting a taste for the open road on the Busa, my wife wants to go legit and get a bike of her own. She's taking the MSF course the end of July, and is shopping around for bike, although we won't be able to get her one til next season. Women and shopping, gee wiz!

She's already picked out he riding leathers and helmet!

She is dead set on getting a super sport bike. She's decided she doesn't like the trouring bikes, and has it in her head she wants a Honda CBR 1000 RR. She says she wants to keep up with me. I kinda like the idea because then I can ride another bike once and a while.

Is she crazy or should I encourage every second of it? Keep in mind she's not a petit little thing, at 6' tall I think she could handle a 1000 just fine.

Very cool!!!! Congrats Mrs. pseudo!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|scootergirl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152204352 -->

Very
cool.gif
My wife took it the begining of the season last year and has been riding every since. Had first bike the Monday following her course (1997 Kawi 800 classic) and now has her second bike (2004 Kawi Meanstreak 1600). It is great when the whole family gets out and rides.

Let her ride what ever she is comfortable on. My wife happens to like Cruisers. If she has common sense on the road and a respect for the power she will be fine as long as she is comfortable. Good for her
smile.gif

Keep it in the family Suzuki GSXR 1000

<!--EDIT|EJosh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152204879 -->

congrats for both of you!! My wife just passed the course a few weeks ago and i bought her the 06 gixxer 600 that she picked out and she has been having a blast on it. She now rides to work and the bike is only 3 weeks old and has around 2500 miles on it. Melissa is more than likely going to get a 1000cc in about 2 years or so, she states that she want to whomp me and the busa.... But encourage here all the way.

gib

Get a 750 Gixxer!!

1000 is too mental for a beginner. The sad thing is that for a few more bills you can get a gixxer 1000 instead of the 750
sad.gif
Makes it hard to justify the 750 but trust me - this is one helluva bike. BULLETPROOF as well...

My wife has already done that, she has a GS 500 now and still learning but always wanting to ride, heck she rides to work just about every day.

Sounds great! A 1k is big bike for a beginner. Maybe start with something smaller and move up as she gets more into riding.

Find her a decent used SV650 or kawi 650 Vtwin. Much more forgiving for a new rider. Get a decent buy and let her trade up to a bigger one next spring. Trust me, if she is like 98% of the new riders I teach, the 650s v-twins are much more than enough for the first few months.

Find her a decent used SV650 or kawi 650 Vtwin. Much more forgiving for a new rider. Get a decent buy and let her trade up to a bigger one next spring. Trust me, if she is like 98% of the new riders I teach, the 650s v-twins are much more than enough for the first few months.
+1 a 750 or 1000 seems too big for a first bike to me. My wife took the course and they use 250cc bikes for class.

+2 my wife has a sv650 and it is a good starter bike light weight and easy to handle she has only been riding for about one month but when she is ready we will find a larger bike

My wife took the course and started riding my CB 450 then my GSXR 600 - If she had continued riding, there is no doubt that she would have been riding my ZX-11.
Awesome on your wife for taking the course!
thumbs-up.gif

The SV650 is a great bike to learn on.... when she transitions to the big dog 1000's and better she will be able to with no problems....
smile.gif

Heh, see the thing all of you missed is she has already tasted the throttle of the Busa. I think it's going to be hard to talk her into a SV650. But I'll try.

Back