Best day ever!!!

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
just got off skype with chels. she's gonna take the motorcycle safety course at the local college, so that she can get a motorcycle when i get home. last i'd known, she wanted a harley 883 nightster, now she wants a purple sportbike... i'm thinking a little gixxer for a starter bike. my buddy has an 03 750 i could pick up fairly cheap. he's been trying to sell it for a few years now.

Ogre, how about a 75o race bike...for u...only 4k...:rofl::laugh::moon:

would you believe i actually thought about it? was thinking about what i'd need to do to make it street legal. but this would be her first bike, i dunno if a fully modded race bike is really necessary. i mentioned a 250 and could tell she wants a 600 or a 750. problem is, she drives angry, and has a heavy foot. anyone know of horrible crash footage i can show her (after the purchase :whistle:)

but the RS125's are pretty fast, aren't they? i know it's a lil 2 stroke, but they haul ass

i taught my ex on one the things arnt that fast i think i toped it out at 100ish if you want to be really mean you could always find an old rs50 top speed of 65 :whistle: the 125 is no faster then a 250 ninja

Been looking at the Chinese knock offs. $1700.00 for a new 250 cc sportbike :whistle:

i was thinking a cbr 250 or something slow like a sportster, but i got the impression she didn't want to be riding a crippled sportbike or a cruiser. i think i'll try to find her a 250 and we'll see how she likes it.

I hate to say it but I would probably go with a 600 you can find a nice 600 for a good price, I got my ex that rs125 then a 250 ninja she out grew them both in a couple months and wanted something faster I still have the 250 collecting dust and she has a gixer 6er and couldn't be more happy once the initial fear factor is over they always want more LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

i was thinking a 750, just because my buddy charlie has one that he never rides, and takes great care of. she seemed to like that idea. plus an 03 isn't going to have the same top end charge that the newer bikes have. it's already got a pipe and a power commander too, so i won't be tempted to mod it. it's probably a year or so off anyway, but i'm still excited.

That is so cool your lady wants to learn to ride. Does she have any knowledge or expierience with these type of vehicles? I'm not sure a 750 is the best bike to start out on. I quick get off can be very scary/discouraging to newbie riders.

Honestly women are a lot better with not trying to twist the throttle's neck off compared to us guys and knowing when to say when. At least most of them just like riding the bike as to us always feel the need to see what it is made of first. :laugh:
A few years ago we my wife and I were looking at bikes for her every time she would see a 250 she would warn me :whistle: if I ever brought home one of those sewing machines for her to ride, I wouldn't like the outcome.:laugh: She just couldn't get over the fact that they sounded like a sewing machine going down the road(which they do). And if she were still here she would have her R6 of course but I wouldn't hesitate to let her hop on any bike I have that she wanted to ride, busa's included. Don't think just because she's female she can't handle it. Cause as you can tell by all the recent postings there are mostly us males that are making headlines in crashes/fatalities lately, whether by our own fault or not. ???

So I would at least go with a 600 which is still plenty of bike and something that she won't grow out of in a month or 2, light and easily handled and something she can grow on. :thumbsup:

Back