Why do people who dont own bikes think like this?

What amazes me more is the misconceptions about riding motorcycles that some people who DO ride motorcycles have.
I frequent a few dirt bike forums and the posted minor injury (broken wrists, collar bones, tweaked knees, etc..) list is phenomenal. But the big percentage of people on the dirt forums claim street bikes, in general, are far too dangerous for them to even consider riding one (though few have ever actually rode one).
Then you have the $20, non DOT approved, half helmet, Harley bunch that would rather depend on loud pipes and a frown, rather than their front brake, to stay alive.
Motorcycles, they bring more controversy to the table than anything other than politics and religion.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately that mentality isn't limited to motorcycles. I also noticed that similar though process with people that don't have sports cars. Anything that is designed to outperform a Prius is frowned upon by most of the padded room crowd.

I hate people who havent tried something then complain about it.. !

ughhh siiighhhh... people will never learn... :poke:

I hate people who havent tried something then complain about it.. !

ughhh siiighhhh... people will never learn... :poke:

Plus one bazillion. People forget the old Indian admonition, "Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins." By the same token, you can't judge a food, an event, a sport, etc. etc. until you've actually participated in or with such a thing.

Pretty strange how dogmatic people can be about such inconsequential things.

--Wag--

Its there inability to look outside their limited comfort zone(non existant in this case). Happens in all aspects of life.We are all guilty of it:poke:,just some of us respect the choices of others, instead of tear that choice down based on preconcieved(ignorant) notions.:whistle: At least we get to reap the joy from years of riding and the undescribable feeling one gets out of it. Ever try to convey the feeling to someone who does not ride? I don't even bother,they either app. your love of it or can't fathom any understanding of your suicidal ways!??? First time I met one of new neighbors, he introduced me to the term" murdercycle",I was speechless!!!!!!!well,it was the only time,thankfully! Funny but I believe that was our last conversation,umm...8 years ago,live and learn. Oh well not much to glean from that kind of perspective and I use the word perspective lightly.:moon:

Back