why would you do this with a Ducati?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Ducati : Superbike in Ducati | eBay Motorcycles

I just dont get it in general but I usually file it under to each their own. That said, why the heck would you start with a Ducati 749 for something like this? I mean this would be more of a GSXR, Ninja or CBR type of build traditionally so I guess thats why I sorta wonder why.

Oh yeah and $20,000.00 with a rebuilt title :wtf: good luck with that :rofl: :rofl:

You have to understand it's all about image and posing. To this guy it was different, he probably saw the Ducati in a Matrix movie and nobody else had one so that was it. Can you imagine a 749 cc L-twin trying to pull that 300+ rear tire? It's funny because there are some guys I know who think Ohlins are hot because they are gold, or single rotor front brakes look "trick". I have a real issue with not knowing the history of a bike or the function of things and just working off fashion or bling value to build a trailor queen. On the other hand there is undeniable skill in what these guys do so it really does get back to each his/her own.

I do hate rolling up to a group of guys and have them say "nice bike, when you gonna stretch it?" I want to say "when I stop riding it maybe?" To a lot of guys out there a stock length Hayabusa is nothing, no matter how well setup it is. Oh well at least that makes mine less attractive to the thieves.......

like he said..."coz he can"! Although I can appreciate the amount of time, effort and $$$ he's put into it.....it doesn't really do much for me at all...

I think that looks pretty darn good guys. I like the blk/silver better than the blk/red. Bike night or show ride for sure

Read the description. Says he's a Duc freak and wanted something different.
I kinda like the way it looks. If I had money and a stable why not?

I like it! If i had money to waste like that I would have another busa with a fat tire or a tricked out m109.!!

fugly.... yuk. I get whole customize a Duc thing but thats just not done very well at all and looks terribly uncomfortable and slowwwwwwww....:whistle:

To me its no different than doing it to a Busa. Actually it bothers me more when they do the multiple sprocket deal with the 900 lb rotating mass of the 330 rear tire to the busa. Like making a Lambo a 4x4, kind of pointless to me.

Truth be told, they probably made that Ducati more comfortable to ride. :rofl:

look at it this way.. salvage title means you dont know what he got it for as a start to the project.. he could have picked up a mostly clean frame and motor for $1k and started from there.

I have a reconstructed title for my chopper because the motor casing came from a wrecked bike. frame is brand new

Roland Sands hits one outta the ballpark with this Hypermotard, IMHO:

ultramotart3.jpg

Not everyone wants a roadrace set up bike. I think it looks neat.

My issue isn't with the customizing its the fact that he did all that 2 an R- titled 749 and is asking a hefty price. Kinda reminds me of when I see guys rolling around in a $2500 car on $10k dollar rims :laugh:

People sometimes have heard of Ducati as labeled as "the Ferrari of motorcycles." He went with that image to make a sale. Although I would argue: If Ducati (albeit a good bike) is the Ferrari of bikes, then the Hayabusa is the triple jet engine drag truck of motorcycles.
Truck on Earth! - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, lot of time, money and skill, nice curves, overall its a clean build. If your into two wheels at all you can respect the build.

I like all kinds of builds...even that predator busa.

To me, it's cool to be part of a species that does crazy sh*t even if I personally think it's ugly or stupid. Have at it I say! We're all just entertaining ourselves 'till it's over :grim:

Back