Why a Hayabusa?

I agree with all those reasons but i didnt know MOST of them till AFTER i bought it. I bought it cuz its fast looks sick (thats good) and it fits my personality...its a monster. When i first saw the copper and silver one I knew Id get one eventually.

All of the above posts. Plus you meet great people in the Busa community. The bike cuts across all groups -- ethnic, financial, age and focus -- but we are all brothers and sisters in a way that even Harley guys don't have. We are a small minority of riders, you don't find us on every corner and strip mall, and there is no doubt that we are a very cool group...

The Busa is a great bike for tall skinny freaks like you and me. I'm 6'4", 200lbs and the bike fits me perfectly. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the bike has to pass my "garage test." Does the motorcycle I own make me want to sit in the garage and stare at it? For like, hours on end? To the point where my wife starts whining about me loving the bike more than her?

The Busa passes the garage test.

I bought it coz it handles better than the 14, and its not too big. I can "chill" on my gen2 without feeling obligated to race all the time unlike my violent 10R. Plus I can ride longer on this beast. One last thing "Hayabusa" is a household name, and I always wanted one.
thumb_up.gif

Having been a Bandit 1200 owner and only seen about 2 of them in the entire time I owned it, I am surprised that so many of you recommended it.

The important question is this

When you "turn on your bike" does it return the favor? (love that ad)

It all really depends on what the purpose you want out of the bike. I wanted serious trackday/racing machine also good for the twisties. So I reevaluated, sold the Busa, and now own a Gixxer 1K and have not one drop of regret. But I do still want a Busa for everyday commutes. That would be nice.

However, with that said, the Busa is VERY GOOD @ the twisties and track. In fact, IT IS THE BEST HYPERSPORT TO USE FOR TRACKDAYS AND TWISTIES. All you have to do is go to the 2nd annual hayabusa.org trackday event at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah this Labor Day. You'll be very surpised at what the busa can do. It's the best all around bike IMHO!

I didnt want to buy the king of the hill bike, but I did. I was looking for a comfortable touring sport bike under $7000. The list included the Connie, St1100, VFR, XX, Triumph ST, ZZR12, ZZR6, ZX11, Aprilia Futura...etc.

I wanted a jap bike for the low maintenance aspect and dealer network.

Comfort, resale and mod-a-bility were just as important as my price point.

Busa is the most modified non cruiser motorcycle.

A bike that can do 180mph will do 75 very easily. I ride like an old man so I wanted a bike that would disappear underneath me at legal speeds.

Lastly, I wanted a bike that would be fun after riding 2-3 days to the twisties.

Any of the above jap bikes would have fit the bill, but the busa fit them best. The mod a bility was huge for me. If ever I get tired of the bike, I can pimp it out, stretch it and do something different with it. If that doesnt tickle my fancy, I can sell it to the next guy very easily.

What I dont like about the bike is that every one knows about it. Stuntas, racers, bike theives and cops. I could do with out the notoriety (especially when the popo profiles me), "its just my touring bike." There are better touring rigs out there that are exilerate/scare me as easily, but not for under $7k.

I wont ever out ride this thing. I ride it at 3/10s and its a comfortable buzz free 3/10s. If I were looking at new/retail prices, a ZZR6/SV would have fit the bill too but it would not have satisfied all of the above desires.

Welcome aboard. Im surprised the Fbomb made it through...
smile.gif

Back