Stuck throttle, why it happened, please read

I literally had a dream about this last night. I drempt that when I lifted the tank to check for zip ties there were 6 or 8 of them near the throttle that hadn't been cut down... Hopefully that's not actually the case when I check it out later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the info. This is an eye opener.

Very sorry for your get off.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You were meant to overlook this at the time when the zip ties were installed.

glad you found the culprit as i know it had to be bothering you...now, get back to the important part of healing up :beerchug:

Thanks for posting up the culprit. Hope you and the Mrs. heal up quickly!

I checked my bike today, i have a GPS power cable running from the tail to the stem. The wire itself was on an inch or so from the trottle cables and pulley. WOW. thanks for the info Grumpy, may only have been a matter of time until it got tangled in there.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Glad to hear everyone made out okay. I actually had mother nature do this to me back 10 years ago. My first street bike was a cb750. I was coming up to a red light in a small town cruising at 35mph. I blipped the throttle to downshift and the rpms rose but didn't drop. I wiggled the throttle and the rpms went up more. Frantic, I yanked in the clutch, engine screaming, and shut the engine off before smashing into god knows who. Upon inspection on the side of the road, I had a small straw-like twig stuck in my throttle assembly right where your zip-tie was jammed.

I went out today and checked everything out on my Busa , Got paranoid after reading . Thanks for the heads up. Hope everyone heals up quickly !:thumbsup:

MrGrumpy--sorry to hear of your crash! One quick note came to mind when you posted this...this is something that all bikers should hear about. What better way to spread the word to a wider audience and possibly get some free gear for the two of you than to send your story and a few pics to Super Streetbike magazine.

I agree with "everybody" should hear this" but dunno if I'm up to sending it yo a magazine. Dunno bout free gear but I would to let themanufacturers know What worked and what failed
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with "everybody" should hear this" but dunno if I'm up to sending it yo a magazine. Dunno bout free gear but I would to let themanufacturers know What worked and what failed
Posted via Mobile Device

Wouldnt be very hard or expensive to make a plastic guard around there from the factory.

Please let me explain...Super Streetbike has a section where people send in their bike/personal road rash pics and share their experience or mistake that lead to that happening. This helps to get the word out on things to watch for, or errors in riding techiniques. I look for it every month! As a side note, they usually send off some free gear to those whose stories get printed--this helps soften the blow of equipment replacement costs. I have never seen a story printed where they used it to make fun of the individual, etc.

Glad to know you and your Mrs. are on the road to recovery. Hope it's a fast one.

Thanks for sharing your 'experience' as it could happen to just about anyone that tinkers with their toys.

Back