throttle cables

tourbus

Registered
I just picked up a 07 zx-10r & in the owners manual kawasaki says to skrew both cable adjusters in all the way to give plenty of play,then they say skrew the deaccelarator cable out until there is no throttle play and tighten the lock nut. they do not mention the accelarator cable at all. I thought you did the accel side because the decel side doesnt really do much or so im told. So how does a person properly adjust throttle play with two cables?

I use both...on my bike, both do the exact same thing. That is, remove slack. I think the idea is to keep the cable even, so adjust some out of the accell and the rest out of the decel. But im not 100% sure.

the two cable do the exact opposit of each other.

one pulls the the the throttle plate open..the other (in conjunction with the return spring) closes it.

I have nearly zero slack in my cables....only enough that my idle is not affected bt turning the bars in either direction.

I have nearly zero slack in my cables....only enough that my idle is not affected bt turning the bars in either direction. [/Quote]
+1000

(brendanp @ Dec. 14 2006,14:15) I have nearly zero slack in my cables....only enough that my idle is not affected bt turning the bars in either direction.
+1000[/Quote]
yup - less then a 16th"

Back