Why do you ride?  Why a Hayabusa?

WHY DO I RIDE?

Because the wife made me stop making "roooom roooom" sounds during sex

WHY DO I RIDE A HAYABUSA?

Hmmmm because it can make me scream for once.

For all the reasons above, but the usual response is...

If I have to explain it...You wouldn't understand...

I love to ride, but it's not always the Busa. I have owned all different types of bikes and each one had its own purpose and style. I currently had a H-D Electra Glide and the Hayabusa. The Glide is for comfort and long trips, while the Busa is for speed and fun. Both do their job very well.
cool.gif

I bought the Busa for one reason, I wanted a fast bike, a really fast bike. I've had other fast bikes but nothing as fast as this. I just like the feeling of a strong acceleration. Call me a junkie needing a "Fast" fix.....The initial "Pull" of the hayabusa will make one a believer as to why it is King, not to mention guys are building these bikes with Turbos!!! I think hands down the best looking "sportbike" and definately just a joy to ride. I read in a magazine this guy was racing and he said he went throught the traps in a 1/4 mile, his bike registered at 195mph and his back tire was spinning or breaking traction going 205mph
Have you ever done a burn out when you were already going 195mph
wow.gif

From one female's perspective...honestly, the more I was told how dangerous the Busa was, how I couldn't handle it, how ultimately had some people begging me to rethink my decision, I bought one...

It was pretty much to prove them wrong and to prove to myself  that I could ride such an awesome machine...after all, anything on just 2 wheels is dangerous.  The stigma over riding a Busa was such in my mind that I actually envisioned me getting on, twisting the throttle and INSTANTLY dying...THAT'S how bad some people talked about the Busa to me, but in retrospect, they didn't really know what they were talking about at all or they feared it themselves for whatever reason...

Since then, I've refocused on why I have a Busa.  It's simple - I love it...love the looks, love working on it, love riding it, love the acceleration and handling...it fits me perfectly, and coming from the smallest Harley on the market to the king of all sport bikes, well, it feels damn good...
biggrin.gif

Why ride at all? Complete freedom and fun...pretty simple...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109254404 -->

Why do I ride?

Simply put, it fulfills a couple of needs. First, it satisfies the need for speed I have had for a long time. The same reason that I fly helicopters low and fast. It is also something that not everyone does. Most every individual will get a driver's license and drive a car unless they live in a highly metropolitan area with great commuter resources. A bike is something that only a select (increasing everyday) group of people will do and enjoy.

Why I ride a Busa?

At first really didn't want it. Thought it looked sort of strange with a bubble on the back. Then saw it with 2 seats, in black, and decided it was the bike to have. It also fits my size and is more stable than most of the bikes I looked at. Oh yeah, the power and title as "The King" helps a little too. It has the capability to do well at all aspects of riding which few bikes have. After owning it just feels right.

Then there's this reason, just kidding. But why not!

Beyonce_and_J_Lo_Pepsi__Busa__Commercial___3.jpg

Why do I ride?

I ride because of the feeling of complete freedom that I get. Some people describe it like flying without wings. When I wake in the morning I have a choice, the truck or the Bike. I know that the truck will get me there probably safer from others and the elements but the Bike will get me there with a smile and at peace. It truly is an escape from typcial reality, you feel differnt when you are on a bike, the smile never leaves, not to mention its an addiction. I think the best part is the feeling of being one with the bike. Your body controls this machine, once your leaned into a curve that enters switch back after switch back then you will know what im talking about.

Why a Hayabusa?

I have searched a long time for the perfect bike for myself and I feel I have found it in the Hayabusa. The looks, control, speed, and comfort. I have yet to rider another motorcycle that offers the same. It will take you the long mile if you need, it will take you the short mile. Its perfect for fun or crusing. And of course the first time you crank that throttle you will know why the bike is the speed king.

Not to mention the look on my MSF classes when they see there Rider Coach pull up one.

Dave (Coach)

Why do I ride?

I ride to relive myself from the misery of the world. I mean I have 120 people working under me, I have a Wife, I have a kid, I have Parents and I have In-Laws. The common thing with all those people is that at some point of time in the day They all get on my nerves! So I ride to let go of the frustration... Those couple of miles of riding the Busa everyday, Im FREE... my MIND is FREE... My SPIRIT is FREE.

Why the Busa?

Common you should be crazy to be asking that queestion. Busa is THE bike! Nothing compares to it... Its the fastest, Meanest, sexiest, Sweetest looking motorcycle in the Universe.

biggrin.gif

I will most likely never own a supercar, not even sure that I would buy one even if I could. 90% of the people that have a car with the potential to even run in the same league with a busa only see the car as a status symbol. Forget the status, I'm all about the power. Spend your money like a fool, I will still smoke your 100k+ supercar. Enter talent and raw nerve: how many people have enough of either to mount a busa and push it to the limit? I do, WE do....we are a club of folks that understand that on any given day, any street, we are king. How does it feel to look around at a traffic light and know you, with the flick of a wrist, can smoke ANYTHING AROUND YOU?? We all know that feeling well. It's kind of like having nuclear weapons, we have, you don't. If there is a certain arrogance that goes with this knowledge, so be it. When ever I want, with $5 in gas, I can go experience the thrill of a sub 10 second machine. I can go 180 mph, I am an elitist....and it is all about me. Don't need/want a trophy wife, supercar, big house, $1k dog.....just me and the busa, and I am king. You may bow.... 
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109256372 -->

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Buying a bike any bike is a passionate decision. If it isn't for you why ride at all. You have to have some passion for it. It's about lust and love. The lust to want it at first and the love to care for it and keep it. Why the Busa? Simple, I never really liked socializing with the other guys on bike night's anyway. When I showed up on the Busa the first time no one would even talk to me any more. Well except for the other guy riding a Busa.:p Seriously I was just in love with the thing man!

Ok here is my slice, most motorcycles have all the technology, looks and you can read all the amazing things the bike was engineered to do, but in my opinion they all missed out on one thing, with all this advancement in technology the Busa is the only bike that is really not complete until a rider sits on it turn that key and push's that start button that is when the Busa becomes a complete marvel of technology, that bike need the rider to be all it was designed to do, but you can say that for all bikes too if you want, Hayabusa GSX-1300R is just one of those things you have to feel, the bike becomes one with its rider and did I mentioned its distinctive looks they are all kind of riders out there and they can talk all the trash they want but if there is one bike most know and recognized is the Hayabusa, and they can call it whatever they want, Jap bike, rice burner it doesn't matter but if you ride or cruise one we all know one thing, Objects in Mirror don't Matter.

<!--EDIT|OTTBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109258198 -->

One day I just decided to try riding a motorcycle and bought a used Yamaha Seca II 600.  Then I found out how much I enjoy motorcycling.  Leaning into curves, nothing around you, and the acceleration  
wow.gif
Yeah you can get the same acceleration from a car, but only if you spend LOTS of money.  Why do that??  Especially if your not rich.
First time I saw a busa, I loved it.  Looked like a bullet.  I knew nothing about it, just loved the bullet shape, longer look, and the Kanji symbol.
After a few years on the Seca II, a friend offered to buy it.  I took the sale money and used it for a down payment on a new bike.  I looked at the GSXR750, GSXR1000, and RC51.  I thought busas would be way too expensive.  My girlfriend convinced me to just ask how much a busa was, and I was shocked!!  Only $10,900 MSRP and its in Black/blue the most awesome colors Suzuki ever put on the Busa!!   My dream bike costs as much as the GSXR1000!!!!

Then it was no choice at all, busa all the way.

Initially I was concerned it might not corner well, whatever.  It corners like a maddog!!!  Then I realized other attributes of the busa;
Huge Torque
WIDE power band
Fastest production motorcycle(we all have a little ego)
More comfy than 600s, 750s, or liter bikes.

I have never regreted buying the busa.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109258627 -->

First and formost.... BUY A BUSA!!!! There is no other all around streetbike like her. I was shopping for approx 2yrs before choosing the Busa. I have riddin a Honda 450 in the late 70's early 80's, then moved on to a Yamaha 750, then onto Harleys... gave up riding for almost 20 years for marriage and kids... came back into the market thinking cruiser. In my mind a bike should be comfortable, smooth, agile, and most of all good lookin. Don't want to ride up to a crowd and look like everyone else, if ya know what I mean. After test riding cruisers and shopping highend choppers, I happened to walk into a Suzuki dealer and WOW there she was just sitting there in a corner by herself... the BUSA. I didn't even wait for a saleperson, just walked over and sat on her. I fit her perfectly (6' and 220+). Asked if I could take her around the parking lot and that was okay'd. At 10-20 miles an hour she just carved the lot, in and out of the parking areas, down the drive, around a pole, swerving to avoid pot holes, out onto the street to ride back to the dealer. She met the needs comfortable, smooth, agile, and most of all good lookin. Only issue I had with her was her color Blue and Silver (nothing against the color, just not me). I asked the salesperson if there was any other colors, he took me into the warehouse and cracked open a crate... Oh my God, there she was "Baby", Purple and Black... Since that day we have been good to each other. When I go ride with others I am always hearing, wow that's a good looking bike, that's a fast bike, damn the power is excessive, how do you ride that, etc. Just yesterday I let a friend of mine that rides a Harley take "Baby" for a ride and when he came back he was amazed, actually sat down with a smile and couldn't stop talking about the power, agility, and smoothness the Busa has. Why I ride a Busa... well its the best and everytime I take her out I am told how much she is the best. *** Calling her "Baby" right now cause I do not have a name for her yet. Everytime I look at her I think "there's my Baby"... she'll tell me her name someday... we'll riding a mountain rode with straights and twisties, coming out of corner excellerating away from the pack, the air being carved away by raw power and her lovely shape, and then..... she'll open up and tell me her true name. ***

Why do you ride?
It's an oft-repeated answer, but the freedom is the real reason. There's nothing to compare with the sensation of flying down the road with nothing between you and the elements. It's an instant stress reliever and a great pick-me-up. After a long day at the office just getting on and riding makes all the stress melt away and puts me in a good mood. In fact, I think I might actually be addicted to riding. When weather forces me off the bike for a week or so I start physically feeling withdrawal symptoms.

Why a sportbike instead of a cruiser?
For me it's a sportbike in addition to a cruiser. Both have their uses. A cruiser is great for exploring back roads, touring, hauling a passenger, and general laid back riding. A sportbike is an entirely different beast that is great for satisfying that craving for an adrenaline fix and the need for speed. It's in a completely different performance category than even a fast cruiser.

Why a Hayabusa?
I've always thought sportbikes were ugly. I've been a cruiser rider for years and have never seen anything in fiberglass that even remotely appealed to me. Then I walked into a showroom and saw a Busa for the first time. I stood there gaping and the only thing running through my mind was "I...MUST...HAVE...ONE!" It was the sexiest bike I had ever seen. Stir in a hefty dose of acceleration and add a splash of top speed and it became a recipe for deliciousness that I just couldn't pass up.
smile.gif

Why I ride?

I ride to escape. That and I love to ride. I own a truck, actually a very nice spent way to much money to "pimp" it out truck. However something about a bike, its a wonderful thing that to few get to enjoy. You get to feel the weather, you get to see what you are truely made of when you ride. Anyone can drive a car around turns....

Why a Sportbike over a cruiser?

Well my first road bike was a 02 Honda VTX 1800 Retro. I absolutely loved that bike. It was a great bike with plenty of lowend power. Heck I could even do wheelies in 1st gear!! However I rode with all sportbikes and it was a pain to try and keep up with them. It seems in my "neck of the woods" the older generation are riding the cruiser's while the younger one's are on the sportbikes.

There is just something about being able to roll on the throttle and leave everything in the dust. Or taking a turn at 80 or faster that normally you wouldn't be able to do on the cruiser. And did I mention the females?

Why a Hayabusa?

When you are 6'7", 300lbs you are limited to what bikes you "fit" on. After debating between a hayabusa and a zx12r for about 3 years, I finally went and rode 2 different styles of both bikes. A 12 that was slammed to the ground with all the bells and whistles and a 12 that was pretty much stock. Both were fun bikes in their own respects. However when I rode my buddies 2004 limited edition slammed and with all the bells and whistles I was amazed. Thinking to myself, this is definately the elite of bikes. I then rode my friends stock 05 busa. To my suprise it still had unbelievable amounts of power and the feel was wonderful. So I decided at that point, I was a busa rider for life and went to trade in the VTX for the hayabusa. The bike is just unbelievable. It can be timid yet ferocious all at the same time. Plus, you can't find a streetbike that is as sexy as the busa.

Why a motorcycle? Because when I was a kid in the 50's futurists convinced me that by the time I was an adult each of us would have his own personal rocket pack. As the years passed I eagerly awaited its invention and availability. Welllll, that didn't happen so a motorcycle is the next best thing.

Why a sportbike? The first new bike I bought was a Harley Sportster 1200S. But even with Screamin' Eagle (Yawn) mods it was still a dog, as sportbikes would blow by me like I was standing still. Sportbikes get me closer to the personal rocket pack.

Why a Hayabusa? Because it is so hot that it transends the personal rocket pack. It is a StarSpeeder with Galactic Overdrive.

I ride because it gives me a type of freedom. Not like the freedom you get when your in paradise but a freedom away from all the crap you encounter on a every day basis. I chose a Busa cause of my height and weight. I'm 6'4" and about 250. I can hardly sit on a GSXr600/1000 without feeling like my knees are going to touch my chin. On a Busa I'm more spread out and lot more comfy. I also like the bomber look of it long and fat. I was always a fan of drag bikes and this sure fits it with a budget that dosnt make you have to get a 2nd mortgage on your house to afford one. They are very dependable as long as you keep up with the services. The are very eye catching and also look great when you fix them up and customize them. Here is mine so far with only about 2 months of working on it. This is why I love my busa cause I love to customize and ride. Nothing better then combining the two.

W.O.W._05_007.jpg

Back