Why do you ride?  Why a Hayabusa?

geoffmiller

Registered
<span style='color:darkblue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:arial'></span><div align="left">[/Quote]

Hey!

I'm in a marketing class, working on a project where we choose a particular product category, then research why people choose one product in favor of another. My buddies are going to the library. I'm going to YOU because you ride and you made a choice.

So WHY? Why a motorcycle over a car? Why a sportbike over a cruiser, tourer or standard bike? Why a Hayabusa over another sportbike?

By the way, I ride and was out early last spring when someone pulled out right in front of me. I woke up in a medevac chopper, but absolutely refuse to give up riding. After I healed, my son went from the Air Force into college and needed to sell his bike. I bought it and I'm back on the road. It's a Yamaha YZF600R with yosh pipes-- a zippy little bike that's comfortable for commuting and long rides. I was planning on getting something bigger, though. I like the Triumph SprintRS 955i... I like the R1 and the Honda CBR's but did not have chance to test ride any of the GSXRs... so I'm interested in your opinins on a personal level as well.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Geoff Miller
Ligonier, PA

Not only is it the king, it is one of the most unique looking bikes on the market. It is a beauty. Plus where can you get this close to 200mph for this liitle money? It is a masterpiece of machinery and deserves respect.. Sorry, did I get carried away:D

Power, Stability, Comfort.

The Busa gets a lot of hype, all sorts of "It's The King" and "Worlds Fastest"... While this may be true, the undeniable reality of the busa is that it is a world class STREETBIKE, and this frequently gets over looked. It's stable, comfortable, very well finished, and reliable. It's riding position is sporty without being abusive, it's smooth and stable at all speeds, and the handling is predictable.

So beyond all the "hype" and horsecrap, it's an excellent Sporting "Do it all" StreetBike. OH and due to it's physically large size it's comfortable for the 6'+ crowd in ways that just about every other Sporting bike will never be. IE Big Guys do not look like Circus Bears on tricycles riding Busa's.
laugh.gif

Power, Stability, Comfort.
exactly

I got one because I wanted a sportbike but yet still have the comfort of being able to ride on long trips. The looks are phenominal. This is the best all around sport bike for speed, stability, and comfort.

Welcome to the board.
I chose the Busa because I wanted a bike that can do everything well. A huge rush of speed and accelleration when you want it, handles corners better than most and can comfortably go 500 miles at a time when you desire. Plus, (a big plus), I love the look of the bike.
smile.gif

why ride? fun and gas saver i.e., can easily get 50 mpg on the highways if i'm cruising at 75-80 mph!

why hayabusa? price right, looks good, comfy, reliable and of course, offers the fun factor!

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109208227 -->

Why a busa? Why not. Really I have a good car and always wanted a bike, so i got one. I started off with a 2003 Honda CBR600RR, great first bike. I rode it for a while till I got good. I loved that bike, but it was just too small. It had good power for a 600, but it was not comfortable when riding any longer that an hour straight. I'm 6'5" and about 270Lbs, so i set out to find a bigger bike. Looked around for a while and came across a 2004 busa with 1500 miles for $9000, and at that time a new one was still $10500. I had looked at a busa on the net many times. When I actually seen it in person, I loved it. Then I rode it. OMG! This thing was the most comfortable bike I ever rode. Not only that, the power was unbelievable. Most of all, it fit my size. I finally didn't look like a clown riding one of those tiny bicycles. Soon after that a sold my honda and never looked back. I liked riding before, now I love it. Another thing is, out here in Oklahoma, the wind blows hard all the time. With a 370Lbs race built bike, its hard to ride in it. Now its like, wind? what wind. Oh yeah, did I mention the fact, nobody in my neck of the woods had one. Now onto why a sport bike over a cruiser. I've rode a few cruisers before I bought a bike. I felt a sport bike was just as comfortable. On all the cruisers I rode my knees came up to the top of the tank, not the best fit. The handling is night and day, you just think on a sportbike and your there. I was going to get a crusier at first just because of insurance. I thought it would be cheaper. I was wrong. Both were around the same price, so i got what I wanted. Why a busa over anything else? One ride and your hooked. Its the king and always will be.
bowdown.gif

Why do you ride?
I ride because it one of the great ways that I can "escape"! Escape from the ringing phones, from the dead lines that are ever present, from the dogs barks, away from all the stress that waits on me when I open my eyes in the morning. I ride because it was always appealed to me, since I was a kid I always knew that I wanted to travel down the rode with only two wheels connected to mother earth and only a leather suit detaching me from mother nature.

Why a busa?
When I was in the market for a new bike, I wanted a motorcycle that would appeal to both my inner "speed demon" but also would be able to handle as well at crusing speeds. I also wanted a bike that my wife could get on the back of and not complain about the bike being uncomfortable 30 minutes down the road. Plus the bike can handle the canyons as well as the highway. I also wanted a bike that had it's own unique look. My previous bikes (yamaha 600r, suzuki gsx 750, ninja 9x) were all great bikes in my opinion, but got losts in the wash apearance wise. I can truley say that the busa has a distinctive look that appeals to me.

P.S. BT just made a post a couple of weeks ago about this same posts.

Why do I ride?
Because when I am out on my bike it's the one place in the world I can totally lose myself. No matter what I am doing I still think of the stresses of life. Relationships,bills,my job, ect. When you are on a bike it's just you and the machine. All you can do is focus on it and make it do what you want. It's just like you become one and you think of nothing else. I love that feeling so much and it becomes really addicting. I know different people ride for different reasons but that is mine

Why the busa?
I like power. Plain and simple. If I am gonna buy a bike that is supposed to go fast I want the FASTEST. Hands down the busa is the king of speed and reminds me everytime I twist the throttle. And I think looks on a bike are very important as well and I cherish every curve on the busa. It's an aerodynamic violent masterpiece. Power plus sex appeal = winner in my book.

All answers lead to this: Adrenalin and control

Why ride a motorcycle: Control. A car is easy to drive; it does not require much effort or input by the driver. A motorcycle requires tons of thought, effort, and input. The bike turns by moving your body. You are the bike. You are in control. It is the closest thing to flying (not in a plane, but like a bird)....you are traveling fast and every movement you make transfers to movement on the bike.

Why a sportbike: Better control and adrenalin. You have more control over a sportbike than a cruiser just by how it is built; it is more responsive to user input. Sportbikes also accerate faster faster than any other "regular" vehicle you can buy. Now that is a perfect adrenalin rush that can only be "bested" by say..falling out of a plane...or having a near death experience. Another thing you are able to do which goes back to control...and adrenalin....is lean a sportbike. This also falls upont he flying theory. Coming around a corner extremely fast at an extreme lean angle is just shy of nirvana. Your input is what made that lean angle...control, and I don't even have to explain the adrenalin part, nuff said about that!

Why a busa? Adrenalin: The busa was purpose built for speed. It is extremely capable of going and extremely stable at high speeds. Traveling down the highway at near 200mph gives an extreme adrenalin rush and again replicates flying. The busa also brings into a non-tangible quality....presitige. The busa is known as the "fastest production vehicle ever" To own something that holds that title gives the owner a feeling of prestige and a feeling of owning something truly special.

Hope that answers your question.

Other applicable answers could be price, quality, and of course aesthetic appeal.

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109214584 -->

Why a motorcycle?
I choose to ride a motorcycle because it gives me that open freedom feeling. You're not stuck in a cage with 25,000 controls, radios, windows etc. It's just you and the open road. I have the ability to get a better feel of my emotions when i'm on a bike. If I wanna just cruise it and relax, I can do that, if I wanna roll hard and feel the rush, I can do that. If I want a slight heart attack from time to time, I can accomplish that too
laugh.gif

Why a sportbike?
Because it's designed to accomplish alot more then a cruiser is able to. Which means that you can take it slow when you want to and do anything a cruiser can and more if you choose to. That question to me relates sorta like asking me. Would I rather be someone who runs alot of walks alot. I'd chose running because those who run alot can easily walk alot if they choose to but yet those who walk alot can't always necessarily run alot when they want to.

Why a busa?
I chose the busa because I wanted a bike that offered the biggest mass in a sports bike. To me, a bike with mass and weight is a stable bike. It's the false sense of security I was shopping for. Kinda like why some people would choose a goold old american steel built car over the lighter japan imports. I later fell in love with the bike because despite it's weight and size...it's only limited by how hard you push it. And when you push it hard. The busa definately performs.

There are alot of bikes you see out there and alot of marketting dollars thrown around but the busa has some of the best marketing you can't buy. The riders themselves. Their pride (or stubborness as some may think) is what carries the busa. The bike will turn your head when it rides buy you. But the rider of that bike will be the one who will make you see that you want one too.

It's like a harley but it's built to be ridden every day....not just sundays
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

why the busa....

I wanted to get a bike that could meet three core requirements (in order):

a. I wanted more power than I was getting on my cruiser (Sportster).
The cruiser's fine in town (and in the canyons for that matter), but once you're out on the open road + away from city traffic (not hard to do here in the Southwest) it was wanting for power. I felt that I was pushing the bike into it's limits for too long, + it let me know that a few times.

b. Wanted to be able to put a good amount of milage in each day.
I like to take road trips through the year, so the bike I was looking for needed to be relatively comfortable on long riding days.

c. Looks + engineering.
I gotta be happy with the bike's design, aesthetically and mechanically. Having readily available after-market parts + accessories specifically enginereed for the bike is important as well.

Over 7 months ago I was looking to replace my current bike or add to my stable, with these three requirements leading my decision.

I seriously looked at the FJR1300, the BMW K1200 RS, the Ducati ST4, the Yam R1 and the Hayabusa. Before I started, in the back of my head I was feeling that the Busa and the R1 were sportier (read: uncomfortable on longer journeys) than I wanted to deal with.

So, first off: power. They've all got it, some more than others, but pretty much all of them will propel you down a street faster than most people would be comfortable with.

Second, long milage days. The R1 didn't make much sense here. I didn't think the Busa would pass this test either, but I was surprised: a lot of people ride the Busa all day + tour on it (with some mods, none too expensive). The FJR, BMW and Duc. certainly pass this test.

Third - as far as engineering, I've heard too many stories about Ducatis + reliability. They make a beautiful bike, but I don't want to get stuck in the middle of the Arizona deserts trying to find someone with some knowledge of Italian bikes. Maybe it's a rash judgement, but it really helps to feel confident about your machine when you've got 3000 miles ahead of you. That leaves the FJR, BMW, and the Busa.

That leaves looks + parts. In the end, I wanted a bike that emphasized the "Sport" in Sport-Touring; I do a lot of day rides (more than multi-day trips), and the BMW + FJR felt too "upright", if that's the right word.

The Busa (to my surprise) represents an interesting niche in the market: a very powerful sport-bike that you could ride all day. It looks different than anything else out there, and you don't see too many of them everyday (a big plus). Still, you can find mechanics to work on problems pretty readily, if need be. Suzuki hasn't changed the engineering much since they introduced the bike, so they've worked out any problems that existed when the model was introduced years ago, and there's robust after-market parts availability. After all this, I ordered an 05LE a few months ago. It's proving to be a long wait.

I ride because it helps me relax, and gives me a fairly cheap adrenaline fix, as far as why the busa: nothing in my opinion comes even close to this bike in the styling department! The bike just cant be beat in the overall riding experience!

Cool Thread ---- At Learners permit time---I just loved my bicycle--Sting Ray--Slick tire not Knobby!!!---I got to borrow a kids step thru 90cc Suzuki. That pretty much sealed the deal for 2 wheels....AAHH No experiance no helmet- t-shirt- and jeans..was lucky to survive that period. Then our family Re-Imigrated to Sweden--OH NO--can't drive a car till 18.
So it became [Moped Time]---lot's of miles on the street
and moped mx in the woods in and out of the trees.Had a great [bale] not hurt though. So the first moped was in fact 39cc's--then 50cc,ONE hp was all that was allowed. Then in 71 i came to Cali--in the winter--during the summer of 70 overthere--I rode a 52 Royal Enfield-so in 71 my Dad bought me a 71 Hodaka. Then back to Sweden--O-man My Mom sold the old Enfield..no bike--Back to Cali in 72----then it all started [Big Time] New Yamaha RD350----Jan 73----
Fast forward----- Up to the Busa
which i purchased in April 02. I was a sport bike type guy..
40K on a Ninja 900,88 GSXR1100 ,FZR600-Kawa Concours 40K, When the Busa came out Is was cornfused at the color of the thing--copper/silver..still thought it was cool--then walking into the dealership--a new Blue Silver--2000 i think--
Someday i will own one of these----Pure Love Coolest bike ever in My garage---it took awhile to get it--NO regrets--
T.B.C, I have an 01 with the beak---Two wheels in the turns G-force straight up the Wazoo---seems so natural. YEA~~~

I ride because the rush you feel going up a mountain can't be simulated in a car.  I also live in S.D. and I hate sitting in traffic.  The only way to avoid it is a motorcycle.
 Why the Busa.  I love Ferraris!   I know I can't afford one!  I can, however, own the Ferrari of motorcycles.  It is the sexiest bike out there.  It looks like nothing else on the road.  It performs like nothing else on the road, and fellow motorcyclists know it!  Most importantly though, it is the best looking bike ever made!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Dude, with the cargo net and my long luggage pack, I can haul more groceries AND get over 55 mpg. Plus, at the time, it was cheaper than a new Geo Metro. Ohhh yeah, I'm a happy camper.
cool.gif

Back